Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Who has produced better highlight dunks, Vince Carter or Blake Griffin?

Both have put up insane dunks since they entered the league.

Discuss.

Default Re: Who has produced better highlight dunks, Vince Carter or Blake Griffin?

All of Carter's dunks were actual dunks whereas Blake's best have been 'dunks.' I give it to Vince.

Default Re: Who has produced better highlight dunks, Vince Carter or Blake Griffin?

Counting college? I'm going with Vince.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

There is nobody the equal of Raptors Vince Carter as an in game dunker. Blake is on the level right below though. But Vince has no really close second.

Carter's dunks look better because he has large wingspan
    Blake has really short arms

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    There is nobody the equal of Raptors Vince Carter as an in game dunker. Blake is on the level right below though. But Vince has no really close second.
    Correct. There's little to discussion here...

On the other hand, Blake Griffin fans are annoying as anybody's.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Vince Carter

I don't understand how somebody can ask this question

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Nothing against Blake, who's phenomenal, but VC as a finisher is in a league all his own. Greatest leaper of all-time + freakishly long arms + a very creative mind = nobody else has a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Nothing against Blake, who's phenomenal, but VC as a finisher is in a league all his own. Greatest leaper of all-time + freakishly long arms + a very creative mind = nobody else has a shot.
    Carter by far. The most creative in game dunker of all time. Blake might eventually be top 10 or even top 5 all time but right now it's not even close. I'd have Carter at an easy #1 and then a collection of guys at #2, Jordan, Erving, Nique, Kemp.

Not sure why this question is being asked. He's not even past a prime Kemp at the moment.

Kemp on Lister

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_PzNsUotVI

That would makes me cry every time.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

There is hardly a dunk in here that Blake Griffin matches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHG1g8IFbQk

Vince and it's not even close.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    Carter by far. The most creative in game dunker of all time. Blake might eventually be top 10 or even top 5 all time but right now it's not even close. I'd have Carter at an easy #1 and then a collection of guys at #2, Jordan, Erving, Nique, Kemp.
    This

VC is easily the GOAT dunker, I don't get why there's so many of these threads.

Comaring Kemp to Griffin would be more logical?

unfair comparison... Vince has played like 14 seasons... Blake has played for one and a half...

if we're comparing their first 2 seasons only... Griffin wins... show me VC's dunks from his 1998-99 and 1999-00 seasons that compare to Blake's Mozgov, Perkins and numerous other ones from the last 2 years.... i'll wait