Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Asik-2013 Most Improved Player?

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    Has a there ever been a DPOY on a bad team (ie, non-playoff)?
    As far as I know there is none. But I remember Camby when he won the DPOY in the 06-07 season, he played good defense and good stats on the defensive end but overall their team suck at defense. Their team probably below 10 in the team ranking.

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silenttristo
    Bingo. I'm all in for Michael Beasley. I don't know if he will be the most improved, but he'll be a real go-to scorer for the Suns, and he'll get 24ppg or so. The voters love big jumps in offensive production.
    Not Dragic?

That is some CRAZY shit to think that Asik will be that good

He is a good backup and that's it

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    That is some CRAZY shit to think that Asik will be that good

He is a good backup and that's it
    he's an elite rebounder and defender and has better hands than kwame. if kwame and deandre jordan were starters last season, why can't asik be one? he's still super raw offensively but he should be able to come close to 8/12.

that really isn't enough to be MIP but his defensive impact will certainly be felt. houston will just have to rely on their other positions for scoring

It's hard to pick his production.

Many backups look great playing 20 mpg, as basically they can expend all their energy in bursts.
    Doesn't always turn into much more production when that becomes 30 mpg.

I'll predict 7 points 8 boards and 1.2 blocks in 28mpg.

^ too low on boards. the nine games he played 20+ minutes last season, he averaged 9.1 rebounds and that was only about 23.5 mpg. when he got 30+ minutes, he averaged 10.5 rebounds (albeit small sample size).

scoring will vary but i think rebounding will be there and he'll hit double digits. he's a monster on the defensive glass.

also, why so low on the mpg? do you predict foul trouble or lack of offense being that awful? houston paid this guy too much to not at least give him 30 mpg.

Banned

I think people are getting a little excited that the Rockets went after him so hard. Just because he is getting paid like a VERY improved player, doesn't necessarily mean he will be one.

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    ^ too low on boards. the nine games he played 20+ minutes last season, he averaged 9.1 rebounds and that was only about 23.5 mpg. when he got 30+ minutes, he averaged 10.5 rebounds (albeit small sample size).

scoring will vary but i think rebounding will be there and he'll hit double digits. he's a monster on the defensive glass
    Yeah, just my opinion, but I am factoring in rebounding against the oppositions best front courts and playing with his own best 4 man, and for only 28mpg, and against fresh players over an entire season.
    I think he will have stretches of 10+ a game. But I'm calling an average of 8 or 9.

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    also, why so low on the mpg? do you predict foul trouble or lack of offense being that awful? houston paid this guy too much to not at least give him 30 mpg.
    I don't think he is good enough to play that style and be effective for much longer than that per game. Similar to Tyson Chandler at Dallas.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

I'll say Beasley.

Asik would foul out before playing 25 minutes nine times out of ten. By far one of the most frustrating players to watch, especially offensively...ugh. More than glad the Bulls are letting his ass walk. McHale doesn't have a shot to change his game. Asik just doesn't have it, and he plays scared. The best I've seen from Asik only comes if there's a big lead.

The only thing that may be something to write home about will be his rebounds, considering the shit "big men" that the Rockets have on their roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    Asik would foul out before playing 25 minutes nine times out of ten. By far one of the most frustrating players to watch, especially offensively...ugh. More than glad the Bulls are letting his ass walk. McHale doesn't have a shot to change his game. Asik just doesn't have it, and he plays scared. The best I've seen from Asik only comes if there's a big lead.

The only thing that may be something to write home about will be his rebounds, considering the shit "big men" that the Rockets have on their roster.
    you're overstating his foul trouble. that was a problem early in his career but he didn't even foul out once last season. he also played a couple games 30+ minutes and came away with only two fouls in each. that's a very good sign going forward. foul out nine times out of ten? c'mon. only bigs that are totally out of shape and severely lack foot speed commit fouls at that rate. asik is neither of those things.

houston signed him for his rebounding, energy, toughness and defense. his pick & roll defense and closeout defense are both near elite levels for big men.

he's a horrid FT shooter so his effectiveness in games late remains to be seen. he doesn't have much of an offensive game outside a dribble gather/dunk. still, not as bad a deal as people make it out to be. his impact on defense is legit.
    Last edited by blacknapalm; 07-25-2012 at 04:25 AM.

High School Varsity 6th Man MisterAmazing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TylerOO
    No way. Asik ****ing sucks
    This. Houston FO is full of dumba$$es.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed

cause he fouled out in any of the games he started and played more than 25 minutes.

I seen dude play a lot.

I see him averaging 7 or 8 rebounds a game but 12\12\3??g