Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Default Re: Who is the strongest

Quote Originally Posted by Dwade305
    OP is itching for someone to say Pekovic. So ok, Pekovic. You happy phagg0t?
    I think that the best and the strongest C in the Nba is Howard . I dont think Pekovic is stronges European player so I cant think he is strongest player in Nba . Theres no need for insults .

Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

Dwight

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Q.E.C
    Kevin Durant is clearly the strongest person in the NBA.
    Yes , but he is not a C

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    Chamberlain, Gilmore, and Shaq...in probably any order, although there were those that claimed that Wilt was benching over 500 lbs. Ben Wallace also reportedly had a 450 bench, but he was considerably shorter, with much shorter arms.
    You obviously don't life weights. There is no way Wilt ever even got close to 400, let alone 500.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

If you are talking about strong as in strong finishes at the rim?

At positions:

Rose
    Wade
    LeBron
    Amare/Blake
    Nene

Andrew Bynum.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    If you are talking about strong as in strong finishes at the rim?

At positions:

Rose
    Wade
    LeBron
    Amare/Blake
    Nene
    I'd say Westbrook > Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Then you clearly haven't seen Rose play.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Derek Fisher

melo is pretty strong

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    You obviously don't life weights. There is no way Wilt ever even got close to 400, let alone 500.
    You obviously have done NO research.

How about this SI article in '64, and long before Wilt peaked.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...91/2/index.htm

With Chamberlain now doing what everyone expected of him all along, San Francisco fans are coming back. They like him and his perpetual-motion supporting cast, and they like winning. About the only people not happy are the Warriors' opponents. The St. Louis Hawks' 6-foot-9, 240-pound Zelmo Beaty, for example, found out recently that he can no longer take Chamberlain's great strength for granted. Unable to slow Wilt down with conventional maltreatment, Beaty tried to yank his shorts off. Chamberlain, who can press 400 pounds without breathing hard, makes it a point to control his temper, primarily because he is genuinely afraid he might kill somebody. Beaty's unethical yank, however, was too much. Wilt flicked an arm, and Beaty flew across the floor like a man shot out of a cannon. Referee Mendy Rudolph rushed over to him and said: "For God's sake, stay down, man. Don't even twitch a muscle." Beaty didn't twitch, and he is still active in the NBA.
    Or this EYE-WITNESS account in an interview in the 90's, and when Chamberlain was 59 years old?

http://wiltfan.tripod.com/chat.htm

Host Chris_MSNBC2 says:
    M3 says:
    Question for Wilt...watched you bench press about 465 lbs like it was a match stick at the Stanford gym when you were working out there for some reason...how much can you still push up?

Host Wilt_Chamberlain says:
    Well, probably I can push up a little more than that right now, because I was bench pressing some great weights. I was a shot-putter and lifting weights was a great joy to me. I liked to show off, I don't do that anymore, but I could probably bench press more than 465 pounds now."
    http://volleyball.org/people/wilt_chamberlain.html

"From Pat Powers, 1984 Olympic Volleyball Gold Medalist, 10/14/99 -
    A lot has been written about Wilt the last several days here in So Cal. He is receiving more attention now than he has for the last fifteen years--he would have preferred it this way, Wilt was never one for the spotlight off the court.

Here are two stories that I just attached names to yesterday:

One day big Wilty (a notorious card cheater) was playing a game off VB down at Muscle Beach in Santa Monica. To say Wilty was competitve in all sports would be a minor understatement. An argument broke out over the correct score and Wilty was not giving ground to anybody on the court. One of the players, Amon Lucky, made the mistake of stepping under the net to further the point, when Wilty picked him up and threw him over the net!!! Now understand the "Amer" weighs something on the order of 225lbs, so the rumor is Wilty "taped"him on the throw over. needless to say Wilty won the argument, and if memory serves me correct, the game.

Wilty was one of the strongest guys I have ever seen. I once was sitting on the steel fence at Rosecrans taking in the Rosecrans open with Wilt and several cohorts back in the late 70's. A player from Muscle Beach was standing beneath us and told us he was going to walk around so he could come join us up on the rail. Wilty told him there was "no no reason to walk," and reached down and picked him up by one arm and hoisted him over the bar. Mike weighed ~240lbs!!!

I have been around some athletes in my day. But nobody and I mean nobody was stronger than Wilty. He was a man's man!!! "
    In Robert Cherry's book on Chamberlain, how about this? [Page 375] "One such buddy was Fluke Fluker, whom Wilt had first met when both worked out at the Mid-Valley Racquetball Club in the early nineties. "The first thing people saw about Wilt and me is that we're big, we're black, and we're athletic. And they end their definition there." Fluker said. "It may have been one of the things that brought us together. We both hated the image of the dumb, black athlete." Fluker, a 6'5" and about 250 lbs, claims that he can bench press 500 lbs. Even he was amassed at Wilt's strength. "The man could curl a 100 lb. dumbbell as easy as I can lift a telephone receiver."

How about this...

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/sto...99/index6.html

I appreciate your comments. Remember, however, that long limbs do not mean you can't bench press excellent poundages. Wilt Chamberlain, the 7' 2" skinny elite basketball player had very poor mechanical advantages for the bench press. His chest was flat, and his arms were skinny and really long! Nonetheless, he was able to bench press 500 lbs! Nobody would believe this by looking at him. His bench press figures have been verified and are widely known. You can find documentation of it on the web. He just happened to have freakishly dense muscles, and excellent genetics when it came to all the other factors that result in brute strength.
    Go ahead and just GOOGLE Wilt's bench press, and get back to me. The internet is PLASTERED with articles claiming Wilt had a 500+ lb. bench press. And, BTW, find me ONE LEGITIMATE FIRST HAND account that DISPUTES those.

I've no doubt Wilt could bench over 400lbs. It's not that big a deal.

But Shaq has to be the strongest player ever. No question.

Basketball Rule #1:

Whenever Wilt Chamberlain does something, it doesn't count.

Example:

Guy #1: Wilt Chamberlain benched 500lbs

Guy#2: Doesn't count

Guy #1: Why?

Guy #2: Short White guys

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    I've no doubt Wilt could bench over 400lbs. It's not that big a deal.

But Shaq has to be the strongest player ever. No question.
    I believe I read somewhere here that Robert Parish, who played against both Shaq and Gilmore, claimed that Gilmore was stronger. Maybe someone can verify.