Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Miami fans: Why do you root for the Heat? What do you like about the team?

Quote Originally Posted by The Real JW
    R.I.P. the future of the NBA and team sport itself.

Default Re: Miami fans: Why do you root for the Heat? What do you like about the team?

I don't consider myself a Heat fan, but they're the team I cheer for the most, so I'll answer.

Because LeBron is on them. He's my 2nd favorite player ever, and the only one of my favorite players who winning a ring will do something for the way people view them. After following the Heat, I became a big fan of Mario Chalmers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    If Mitch lands Lebron next season after the Heat fold these guys will all be pretending to be Laker fans
    Ex "Heat" fans-"bu but I was rooting for the Lakers since Jerry West Era"

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    Ex "Heat" fans-"bu but I was rooting for the Lakers since Jerry West Era"
    No doubt. I can see it now, they would try and crown him "greatest Laker of all time!" and attempt to throw every true Laker great under the bus in the discussion. Real Laker fans would hate them

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    No doubt. I can see it now, they would try and crown him "greatest Laker of all time!" and attempt to throw every true Laker great under the bus in the discussion. Real Laker fans would hate them
    All 5 of them on ISH!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

So much lol in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan
    How come you make the "because they have the player I root for" argument invalid? Why shouldn't I root for a team that has my favourite player? If I don't have any connections to the city or area whatsoever then I shouldn't enjoy great basketball?

Vince Carter is one of my favourite players. And I have cheered for every team he's been on, that even includes Magic which I seriously dislike. Same with Rubio. I didn't give a rats ass about Minnesota before he came over from Europe. And since then I've missed only few games where Rubio played.

Does all this make me a bandwagon fan? I don't know and I don't care. I follow teams and players who I enjoy watching. That is all.
    Thing is, what about people who don't have a favourite and don't desire to have one ? And if you do have a favourite, will that eventually effect the future of the NBA that you currently watch ?

I'm actually glad a lot of people in here have given their reasons because of James. It's not a problem, but like someone else already mentioned:

Quote Originally Posted by banetlaks
    What i dont respect, is player fans talking trash to team fans. Seriously, some people think its some huge accomplishment that their team is always winning when they always just follow the best or most up-and-coming player. Everyone could do that if they wanted to. Making fun of team fans is like laughing at volunteer workers for doing hard work. They could just be sitting on the couch as well if they wanted, they just choose not to.
    I definitely feel the same way. I've seen it in real life, bandwagoners just trashing the local team (hey, I do the same because they deserve it... but it's not exactly the same jist coming from fair weather fan.) to feel superior.

I don't get the hate, though. There would be a lot of bandwagon fans, where ever James went. I just think some would just be in it for James himself and not going to be there for the future of the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    All 5 of them on ISH!
    There are way more than 5 true Laker fans on here. They would still certainly have the most real team fanbases by a long shot.

The Mavs are obviously my #1 team and its not even close..

but if I had to say a second team it would be Miami. My bro is a long time heat fan, so whenever he watches Heat games, Id always join in. Plus, DWade is my 2nd favorite player of all time.

so if dallas is eliminated, the only team I can stand seeing win is the heat... against the mavs they can **** off.

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

I find that like 90% of casual fans are Heat fans. Usually heat fans are the guys that don't watch a lot of ball, so they cheer for the most stacked team in the league. Not very many die-hards out there.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41
    The Mavs are obviously my #1 team and its not even close..

but if I had to say a second team it would be Miami. My bro is a long time heat fan, so whenever he watches Heat games, Id always join in. Plus, DWade is my 2nd favorite player of all time.

so if dallas is eliminated, the only team I can stand seeing win is the heat... against the mavs they can **** off.
    Did your bro beat the shit out of you in 2011 and vice versa in 06?

I don't root for them, since I'm a Jazz fan. However, one thing I always liked about the Heat and Spo in particular, was that when the big three came together, they could have just focused on dominating the leauge offensively, but Spo ( Obviously very influenced by Pat Riley's ideology) made them into an elite defesive team. I've always appreciated their level of pressure when they need to get consistant stops. Especilly the fact that they don't have good size inside, so unlike Memphis, San An and Indy, their elite defense comes nearly exclusivly from their elite perimiter defense and trapping of the pick and roll, and forcing turnovers.

Being an elite defensive team whiles lacking defensive bigs inside the paint, is something that always gained major respect from me. It's one thing to have someone like Noah in the paint if you get beat, and it's another one to completly shut a ball handler down because you have Bosh in the middle

Dunking on everybody in the park dannysc305's Avatar

Miami resident. Root for hometeam Heat and Dolphins watch out for Tannehill and Wallace next year

I rule the local playground Rondo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    I don't consider myself a Heat fan, but they're the team I cheer for the most, so I'll answer.

Because LeBron is on them. He's my 2nd favorite player ever, and the only one of my favorite players who winning a ring will do something for the way people view them. After following the Heat, I became a big fan of Mario Chalmers as well.

Don't know why. He's a dick.