Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star EllEffEll's Avatar

Default Re: Lakers upcoming correction(s) to make

Quote Originally Posted by TrueGreenFan
    Nope. I'll say what I want. Kobe is not clutch. The Celtics have a bunch of guys who are equally as clutch as Kobe. Ray Allen and Pierce are both more clutch than Kobe. You go look up the stats of who makes higher percentages in late game stretches you'll see. Kobe is not even top 10-top 20 in the league as a clutch player. I'm not trollling. I know the stats. You should look them up and find out. Moron.
    Troll Green 2-Watt: This a Laker forum, not a Kobe forum. We care about what the team does. That said, that's all you've got? Do you have anything original instead of the same tired crap that far more skilled trolls than yourself have been regurgitating for years?

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    I dont agree with keeping the core together....did you see Artest today? he couldnt get up to make a layup....

These guys are getting old and look at the teams that are making noise right now...they have an elite PG and super athletic wing players...rose,lebron,wade,rondo, westborrk,conley,KD....

I honestly think we need an ultra quick PG and if I cant get CP3/DWill by trading Pau Gasol I would do it....with kobe getting older and older we need a guard who can create easy baskets for the whole team...and get Kobe some wide open shots.

Also having a good PG will lessen kobe's Defensive work where now he doesnt have to guard CP3/Rondo/Dwill3 ..etc

I have no clue what Brian Shaw has done to earn the Main job. Atleast Chuck P installed the defensive scheme...I havent heard anything about Shaw being proactive and working with players...or having a real influence on game planning ....

out of the Bench, Shannon Brown MUST go. what a brain fart he is...we need some young fresh blood and hungry players on this squad
    It would be nice to get a PG like D-Will or CP3 but those are PIPE DREAMS. The Lakers have won titles in the past with out Super Star PG's (Not talking about the Magic years). So realistically...with what we have we still need to depend with are three bigs plus Kobe who are all coming back to be our bread and butter. I agree we need another PG but we are not getting the CP3's of the world...that is a pipe dream face it. We also need to add peices to our bench and get younger. How we do that I don't no but hearing Laker fans say...we need Howard, CP3 and Ariza....come on that's a pipe dream. Not to mention the NBA will be heading to a new agreement that may allow Orlando and NO to keep their star players so they can not force their way out like Melo did.

Sign JJ Barea (quick point guard who can get in the paint), Deshawn Stevenson (physical perimeter defender), and Peja Stojakovic (outside shooting).

on a more serious note, I say to help alleviate or pg situation, go hard for Delonte West. He is the only pg available that I would really like and he is a solid defender. He has had his mental issues in the past, but playing a veteran team should be good for him. Great versatile guard who has range, can finish and can play either position.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    Its hard to know exactly what needs to be done because we do not know the real issues in the locker room.
    We have a great team, but something is going on internally.
    With respect to on-court failures, its simple: our bench sucked, Gasol sucked, Kobe has lost explosion but is still a top shelf player.

Dont know if we should trade Gasol or Bynum or Odom or Artest or none of them.
    Sums it up really.

Anyway, if something is crystal clear is that our bench does not produce. Changes should start there.

So first things first we need a coach. Phil is out and his spot is the most important to fill. No clue who they go after I just hope it happens soon.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

i read an la times article that mentioned doc rivers for coach... lol that would like a fire in this squad.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    i read an la times article that mentioned doc rivers for coach... lol that would like a fire in this squad.

Doc? lol No thanks that would light a fire in the Celts as well.

Honestly, I had a hard time sleeping yesterday. I wish it wasn't a sweep... Sigh.. Makes me feel like crap. I wish we could have at least won 1 game. Only 1 game would have made me feel a little better.

R.I.P. 2010-2011 Los Angeles Lakers

I had a talk with a few people. It seems like there is quite a want to trade off Gasol/Odom or Bynum/Gasol or Bynum/Odom, something. I think I would be okay with trading Bynum/Gasol for Dwight Howard. Gasol and somebody else for CP3 may be fine too. I honestly think Bynum/Odom for Dwight may be our best bet.

Gasol's recent breakup with his GF seems to have hurt him, but he will get over it within a month or two. Gasol did very good in regular season; I wish his gf had waited until after our playoff run to breakup. OMG!!!

Imagine a mentally healthy Gasol and Dwight front-court with Artest. That's a very good defensive front-court. Orlando would probably insist on throwing on Hedo's pretty crappy contract if they will give up Dwight for Bynum/Odom. I think Hedo would be fine in the 6th man role. Dwight is too good on both ends of the court to pass up.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Honestly, I had a hard time sleeping yesterday. I wish it wasn't a sweep... Sigh.. Makes me feel like crap. I wish we could have at least won 1 game. Only 1 game would have made me feel a little better.

R.I.P. 2010-2011 Los Angeles Lakers

I had a talk with a few people. It seems like there is quite a want to trade off Gasol/Odom or Bynum/Gasol or Bynum/Odom, something. I think I would be okay with trading Bynum/Gasol for Dwight Howard. Gasol and somebody else for CP3 may be fine too. I honestly think Bynum/Odom for Dwight may be our best bet.

Gasol's recent breakup with his GF seems to have hurt him, but he will get over it within a month or two. Gasol did very good in regular season; I wish his gf had waited until after our playoff run to breakup. OMG!!!

Imagine a mentally healthy Gasol and Dwight front-court with Artest. That's a very good defensive front-court. Orlando would probably insist on throwing on Hedo's pretty crappy contract if they will give up Dwight for Bynum/Odom. I think Hedo would be fine in the 6th man role. Dwight is too good on both ends of the court to pass up.
    Nobody substantiated that rumor... not to be argumentative, but we really don't know what was up with Gasol... yes, there was something different about him, but whether it was a GF issue or not, Gasol denied that in an ESPN article.

Nobody substantiated that rumor... not to be argumentative, but we really don't know what was up with Gasol... yes, there was something different about him, but whether it was a GF issue or not, Gasol denied that in an ESPN article.

Whatever it is I hope Pau come back from it next season with a vengeance. He did a great job in 09 after all the "Soft" comments from the 08 Finals. Pau is a great skilled big man we need him on board mentally to make another run.

Banned

Laker aren't getting Doc. He'll either stay Celtics coach or go to Miami.
    I proposed a trade w IND where LA gives Gasol and Shannon Brown up for TJ Ford, Danny Granger, and Dahntay Jones. It's perfect.

Bynum/MLE or draft
    Odom/MLE or draft
    Granger/Artest
    Kobe/Dahntay Jones
    TJ Ford/Fisher

Ford is a quick PG who can penetrate and dish. Granger is a 20ppg scorer and great deender. He is young and athletic. So is Dahntay Jones. Your team needs to get younger and athletic. It's a joke you Laker fans think Orlando wants old soft Gasol or injury-proned Bynum for Howard. Face it, your best trade pieces will get you guys you need like a Danny Granger, Iggy, or Rudy Gay. Then you need a younger PG who is quick. But you guys and the pipe dreams about DWill and CP3. Quit it. And I'm not hating. I actually think the Lakers would win the title next yr w a trade like I suggested. You just need to get quicker at the 1 and 3 positions. And move Gasol.

Laker aren't getting Doc. He'll either stay Celtics coach or go to Miami.
    I proposed a trade w IND where LA gives Gasol and Shannon Brown up for TJ Ford, Danny Granger, and Dahntay Jones. It's perfect.

Bynum/MLE or draft
    Odom/MLE or draft
    Granger/Artest
    Kobe/Dahntay Jones
    TJ Ford/Fisher

Ford is a quick PG who can penetrate and dish. Granger is a 20ppg scorer and great deender. He is young and athletic. So is Dahntay Jones. Your team needs to get younger and athletic. It's a joke you Laker fans think Orlando wants old soft Gasol or injury-proned Bynum for Howard. Face it, your best trade pieces will get you guys you need like a Danny Granger, Iggy, or Rudy Gay. Then you need a younger PG who is quick. But you guys and the pipe dreams about DWill and CP3. Quit it. And I'm not hating. I actually think the Lakers would win the title next yr w a trade like I suggested. You just need to get quicker at the 1 and 3 positions. And move Gasol.
    TJ FORD IS NO LONGER A PACER. SHANNON BROWN WILL LIKELY OPT OUT. THIS TRADE IS NOT POSSIBLE.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

lol....this guy didnt get any minutes in indy and you want him to start on a championship caliber team...lol...troll...

Gasol has lots of value...he can net the lakers CP3/D Will or atleast Step Curry/Wright and a young talent from golden state

I dunno, I just posted that based on what Bill Plaschke was saying. Something definitely happened off-the-court that effected his game on the court as Gasol said himself.

"I have to learn from this," Gasol said. ''I have to learn that when something happens off the court, you have to keep it off the court."

He was referring to the report that he stopped talking to Bryant during the postseason because Bryant's wife, Vanessa, had contributed to the breakup of Gasol and his longtime girlfriend. Lakers fans will remember that Karl Malone once publicly accused Vanessa of interfering with his personal life in a similar fashion.

Whatever was happening, Bryant and Gasol haven't connected on the court in a month, and the Lakers have been lost without the strength of their fusion.
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket....column?page=2
    Last edited by bladefd; 05-09-2011 at 10:19 PM.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    I dunno, I just posted that based on what Bill Plaschke was saying. Something definitely happened off-the-court that effected his game on the court as Gasol said himself.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket....column?page=2
    yeah i think something happened...but whatever it was...it just took the whole team down with it...

how can we trust on this guy? if we were in the finals? so fragile....