Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Entity of Existence Living Being's Avatar

Question Miami fans: Why do you root for the Heat? What do you like about the team?

Why do you root for the Heat?
    What do you like about the team?

Serious playground baller SHABBA's Avatar

Default Re: Miami fans: Why do you root for the Heat? What do you like about the team?

At a guess: probably all the winning they do.

These hoes ain't loyal Nuff Said's Avatar

Default Re: Miami fans: Why do you root for the Heat? What do you like about the team?

Born and raised in the county of DADE. They used to even have a sign that said Wade County.

Because they have the player i root for.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said
    Born and raised in the county of DADE. They used to even have a sign that said Wade County.
    For one day.

Quote Originally Posted by leMVP
    kids these days

LOL

I guess at least he's honest

Hometown team.
    This is the golden era, this is the most exciting team to watch from all of the other Heat teams...

Watching LeBron develop into the best in the league is exciting just like watching Wade, Shaq, Zo, Mashburn and Hardaway was exciting...

This team plays a good brand of ball, sure they are stifled now...but Indiana is tough...

key word: exciting.

Serious playground baller

"Because they have a wagon, and I jumped on it."

But for real though, most heat fans are the same kids that go for whatever team won the superbowl in said year.

I usually hit open layups

Because of Lebron James. I started watching the NBA when he was drafted (disliked the NBA before then) and was amazed. Lebron is the reason I discovered my athletic ability and made my junior and high school teams. Whatever team Lebron is on...that's the team I want to win because I want Lebron to succeed.

Dunking on everybody in the park Alan's Avatar

How come you make the "because they have the player I root for" argument invalid? Why shouldn't I root for a team that has my favourite player? If I don't have any connections to the city or area whatsoever then I shouldn't enjoy great basketball?

Vince Carter is one of my favourite players. And I have cheered for every team he's been on, that even includes Magic which I seriously dislike. Same with Rubio. I didn't give a rats ass about Minnesota before he came over from Europe. And since then I've missed only few games where Rubio played.

Does all this make me a bandwagon fan? I don't know and I don't care. I follow teams and players who I enjoy watching. That is all.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by Alan
    How come you make the "because they have the player I root for" argument invalid? Why shouldn't I root for a team that has my favourite player? If I don't have any connections to the city or area whatsoever then I shouldn't enjoy great basketball?

Vince Carter is one of my favourite players. And I have cheered for every team he's been on, that even includes Magic which I seriously dislike. Same with Rubio. I didn't give a rats ass about Minnesota before he came over from Europe. And since then I've missed only few games where Rubio played.

Does all this make me a bandwagon fan? I don't know and I don't care. I follow teams and players who I enjoy watching. That is all.
    I feel you bro. Their logic confuses me too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    kids these days
    says the laker fan who lives in bulgaria