Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Referees for Game 6

Joe Crawford Mike Callahan Ken Mauer

I know Joey Crawford hates the Spurs, but I don't think this is as bad as Danny Crawford officiating the game. Do you guys expect this game to be called fairly?

Dunking on everybody in the park KrizMiz's Avatar

Default Re: Referees for Game 6

Smells like an ejection for Duncan!

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

haha. Crawford officiated Game 6 between Spurs and Golden State in Golden State and called that game very fairly. I'm hoping the FT disparity won't be large in favor of Miami tonight..

Why wouldn't it be called fairly ?

I never understood why people cling to these silly conspiracy theories.

College superstar

Joey Crawford is a horrible official and his history with SA makes this an absurd assignment. He did a game earlier this series and his calls were nuetral/lean SA but in this scenario its just ridiculous. Its an assignment that screams out "something is going on". The NBA gets so upset when people suggest things are rigged but then they go and do stuff like this that seems almost to confirm it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    I never understood why people cling to these silly conspiracy theories.
    Tim Donaghy

Don't you see? Joey Crawford doing the game is the BEST thing for the Spurs.

Joey is not intimidated by a home crowd, and JC is not a fan of Lebron's or at least doesn't give him special treatment. Plus, the LAST thing Crawford will do is screw over Duncan....everyone is watching this game, including his bosses. He'll go out of his way to ensure he DOESN'T screw Duncan over.

Quote Originally Posted by illmaticone
    Joe Crawford Mike Callahan Ken Mauer

I know Joey Crawford hates the Spurs, but I don't think this is as bad as Danny Crawford officiating the game. Do you guys expect this game to be called fairly?

Game 7 guaransheed.

National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

Notice how Joey Crawford is officiating EVERY time the Heat are in a must win situation?

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    Tim Donaghy
    His claims don't prove anything. He has numerous reasons to lie (cover his own ass in the criminal investigation for betting on games by blaming the league, sell a book, lie so he doesn't look as bad etc.) He sure picked an easy target that people have been whining about for years, its not like he picked a game nobody would have ever suspected and from what we know about Donaghy, he doesn't seem like the kind of person that would be above lying.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Mustard
    Notice how Joey Crawford is officiating EVERY time the Heat are in a must win situation?
    The NBA doesn't give a fugg. They have no shame whatsoever.

College superstar

Also, why do conspiracy theorists act like rigging games is a no-risk, maximum reward ploy, when in reality loads of people could go to prison and have their lives ruined. The loss in revenue/tv ratings from say, not getting the ideal teams in the Finals, a series not going to the 7 game limit, the ideal star player not winning etc.is far lower than the losses would be if there was even a hint of the league/refs fixing games.

In PO games with Joey, LeBron either wins or gets ejected. I wonder what it is going to be today

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    Also, why do conspiracy theorists act like rigging games is a no-risk, maximum reward ploy, when in reality loads of people could go to prison and have their lives ruined. The loss in revenue/tv ratings from say, not getting the ideal teams in the Finals, a series not going to the 7 game limit, the ideal star player not winning etc.is far lower than the losses would be if there was even a hint of the league/refs fixing games.
    Rich people don't go to prison. Even if they did, it would still be luxurious.