Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Default Re: Report: Alex Len "likely" choice for Cavs at No. 1

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    again i dont hate noel i just dont see him being other than a rim protector that if he gets injured there goes your #1 pick ... and please tell me will he have a better offesive game than horford ?
    if noel had horfords offensive game, passing, post scoring, wet jumper, he would be a perenial all-star

there is a lot of shitting on noel, but its hard to make a great case for anybody else going number 1. who do you think the cavs should take?

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    While noel has shown he can definitely alter shots at the college level lets see sanders on nba 2.8 bpg .. thats against elite players not midgets in college there is a big difference there... he may have average a bit less in college than noel but honestly college stats is a joke when it comes to nba.. very few players was able to adapt their game to college = same nba .

again i dont hate noel i just dont see him being other than a rim protector that if he gets injured there goes your #1 pick ... and please tell me will he have a better offesive game than horford ?

tell me what is his ceiling offensively ... defense its sky rocket ... is that what you want from a number 1 pick ... a player who is a shot blocker in college? he may be good but would it be ok for you to have a player to average 10 10 3 per game ? may not even be consistent ?
    Tristan Thompson came to the cavs even more raw than noel and thanks to his coachability + work ethic + coaching ala Mosely and big Z (Mosely is the only Scott assistant coach retained by Mike Brown) Thompson improved his FT % from sub 50% in college to near 60% as a soph. Thompson is now hitting jump hooks with consistency, has much improved footwork, and is actually becoming an offensive option for the team.

Like Thompson, Noel by all accounts is a hard worker and a good kid. (also shown by his complete dedication to his rehab) He has those same great intangibles as TT. He also even had a very similar upbringing as TT.

Unlike TT, i think Noel is coming into a much better situation with a defensive minded head coach, an established leader, no sh*theads in the lockeroom, and an overall better team.

There have been reports that he has been doing a lot of shooting work while hes rehabbing.

I think the cavs are the perfect situation for Noel to reach his ultimate potential.
    Last edited by DukeDelonte13; 06-18-2013 at 09:08 PM.

As a Terps fan I can say he has the potential, but he's a big risk at #1. He should have stayed at Maryland for another year, but I don't blame him for going after the money.

character is probably the hardest thing to get a good idea of, when looking at prospects, and ive heard some people rave about noel, and others really shit on him. saying he was very disprespectful to agents that wanted to represent him, blowing off multiple appointments.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    That's the great thing about this collection of talent, there is no one player that can undercut the development of the overall team.

You want Kyrie? You can have him. We still would have Dion/Trsitan/ Noel.

I know this is all hypothetical but the point still stands. Cavs will have flexibility for years to come with this roster.