West:
    Steve Nash
    Tony Parker
    Russell Westbrook
    Kevin Love
    Lamarcus Aldridge
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Marc Gasol
    Last edited by Grinder; 02-09-2012 at 11:41 PM.

Banned

Default Re: Post Your All-Star Reserves

East:
    G: Deron Williams (It should be Irving though but Williams will get it due to reputation.)
    G: Joe Johnson
    F: Paul Pierce
    F: Chris Bosh
    C: Roy Hibbert
    Wild Card: Luol Deng
    Wild Card: Andre Iguodala

West:
    G: Russell Westbrook
    G: Steve Nash
    F: Kevin Love
    F: LaMarcus Aldridge
    C: Marc Gasol
    Wild Card: Tony Parker
    Wild Card: Paul Milsap

West was tough but the East was kind of easy for me. By the way Grinder, I think you should answer the Ask Grinder anything about basketball thread cause I think I asked you a question there and you never got me back.
    Last edited by StateOfMind12; 02-09-2012 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    East:
    G: Deron Williams (It should be Irving though but Williams will get it due to reputation.)
    G: Ray Allen

West:

West was tough but the East was kind of easy for me. By the way Grinder, I think you should answer the Ask Grinder anything about basketball thread cause I think I asked you a question there and you never got me back.
    Yeah, my bad, I'll get to it soon. I've been, and am currently, out of the country and on the other side of the world so I've been pretty busy.

I just realized I missed Chris Bosh, wow....that was a glaring omission. I'll have to add that in and figure out whether to take out Smith or Deng. Or maybe I'll just plug him in at center and take out Hibbert.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    The all-star reserves will be announced later tonight. Who do you guys think should be selected?

My picks (reasons and criteria can be found here)

East: L. Williams, J. Johnson, Irving, Pierce, J. Smith, Deng, Hibbert
    West: Westbrook, Parker, Nash, Love, Aldridge, Millsap, Marc

Read the article before you crucify me for my picks please.
    Good article and good picks. No real big surprises.
    A lot of analysts don't have Nash making it, but I also feel that he should. His team is struggling, but he's playing great still. The same goes for Deron Williams (I understand you leaving him off though). You mention his bad shooting percentages and team record, but take into a account that the second best player on his squad is either Marshon Brooks (a rookie) or Kris Humphries, with all due respect. The Nets are horrible, but Deron is still Deron and can mean trouble for any team on any given night.

Also, no mention of Chris Bosh in your article.. You might have overlooked him?

My picks are:
    East: Deron Williams, Lou Williams, Joe Johnson, Paul Pierce, Luol Deng, Chris Bosh, Roy Hibbert
    West: Westbrook, Nash, Parker, Ellis, Love, Aldridge, Marc Gasol (Is it possible to have 4 guards in? IMO Ellis really deserves this slot, based on individual play)

As far as Celtics go, Pierce is a lock, Rondo is 50/50, and Ray won't make it 100%.

Respect to Jesus, though.

Jeremy Lin

Irving all star? Are u kidding me?

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

East:
    G: Ray Allen

West:

It looks pretty good except for the fact that I don't think both Tony Parker and Steve Nash make it and I think Dirk is a wildcard. In the east I think Josh Smith should make it maybe over Deng and I don't think Allen should make it with 14-2-2. I could see Johnson making it there.

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    Irving all star? Are u kidding me?
    I don't have him making the team.. but he's putting up great numbers, on a Cavs team that is currently one win away from a playoff spot in the East. Not a bad pick by the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi
    I don't have him making the team.. but he's putting up great numbers, on a Cavs team that is currently one win away from a playoff spot in the East. Not a bad pick by the OP.
    Lebron didnt make the all star in his rookie season what makes you think Irving will.
    And btw the Cavs just beat the Clippers without him

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CLTHornets4eva
    It looks pretty good except for the fact that I don't think both Tony Parker and Steve Nash make it and I think Dirk is a wildcard. In the east I think Josh Smith should make it maybe over Deng and I don't think Allen should make it with 14-2-2. I could see Johnson making it there.
    I actually forgot about Joe Johnson to be honest with you. I would replace Ray Allen with Joe Johnson then. I hope people remember that the ASG reserved is not selected by default position such as PG, SG, SF, PF, C, it is selected simply as G, F, and C.

This is a tough season to select the all-star players but I suppose that is what happens in a shortened season.

Lebron didnt make the all star in his rookie season what makes you think Irving will.
    And btw the Cavs just beat the Clippers without him
    As I posted, he doesnt make my all star team. However, it's not ridiculous to think he might. Who do you have as your guards in the East? There's some good guards, but Irving is right up there with him (considering individual and team succes). Also, this has nothing to do with LeBron not making the team as a rook.. Different year, different position.

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi
    As I posted, he doesnt make my all star team. However, it's not ridiculous to think he might. Who do you have as your guards in the East? There's some good guards, but Irving is right up there with him (considering individual and team succes). Also, this has nothing to do with LeBron not making the team as a rook.. Different year, different position.
    rondo,jj and deron

Banned

rondo,jj and deron
    JJ and Deron, yes, and I do agree with those two picks. Rondo though? Absolutely not. Irving is better than Rondo or will be better than Rondo by next year at the latest.

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

I actually forgot about Joe Johnson to be honest with you. I would replace Ray Allen with Joe Johnson then. I hope people remember that the ASG reserved is not selected by default position such as PG, SG, SF, PF, C, it is selected simply as G, F, and C.

This is a tough season to select the all-star players but I suppose that is what happens in a shortened season.
    As I am a John Hollinger-like Hawks season ticket holder, I realize how easy it can be to forget the Hawks.