Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #31
jdm_dc_fan
Local High School Star

jdm_dc_fan has decent reputationjdm_dc_fan has decent reputation
Default Re: Tony allen - Avery bradley - Thabo sefolosha - Iman Shumpert.

offense:
thabo
bradley
shumpert
allen

Defense:
Allen
Bradley
thabo
shumpert

Over all player:
bradley
Thabo
Allen
Shumpert
jdm_dc_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #32
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

shumpert probably needs a year to regain his confidence
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:08 PM   #33
Electric Slide
Banned

Electric Slide is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Oh that must be why multiple players this year, including all-star Jrue Holliday publicly asked Bradley to tone down his defense.
And by multiple, you mean one? bradley is a well known defender because of his full court press defense. what else does he provide? people just watch the guy for like 5 possessions and think he does this on every possession and think he is great defensively.
Electric Slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #34
Amar'e_Juwanna
Great young streetballer

Amar'e_Juwanna has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
shumpert probably needs a year to regain his confidence

this. Shumpert returning from ACL and meniscus was awful for his shumpness, (swag to the layman) especially with respect to his being a good defender vs great defender. His weakness on D is getting around screens, but as an on-ball iso defender he's just a beast.

His offensive game has changed, also due to his injury. With so much time rehabbing, and not being able to even approach rookie-shump-level explosiveness (with respect to offensive game), his jumpshot has improved by leaps and bounds. pun intended. He hits the 3 at a damn nice clip, someone else can grab the stat, and can hit a midrange J. We'll see how he does in the playoffs. Bradley vs Shump is going to be a lot of fun.

Feel free to call me out on this, but it seems like a lot of the answers in this thread can be boiled down to "do you root for a team in the western conference, or the eastern conference."
Amar'e_Juwanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:15 PM   #35
Amar'e_Juwanna
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar'e_Juwanna
rookie-shump-level explosiveness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAeBAek0rwo
dis wat i's talkin bout
Old 04-16-2013, 08:10 PM   #36
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Slide
And by multiple, you mean one? bradley is a well known defender because of his full court press defense. what else does he provide? people just watch the guy for like 5 possessions and think he does this on every possession and think he is great defensively.

By multiple I mean multiple. I gave one example.

I've watched at least 60 Celtics games this year. He puts that pressure on over half of the possessions he plays. He's great man to man, great pressure defense, good help, shoots passing lanes, plays transition well, has very good hands for stripping and stealing the ball. The only time someone has a big advantage is if there's a switch and someone over 6'5" is posting him up.

Last edited by ProfessorMurder : 04-16-2013 at 08:12 PM.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #37
b0bab0i
National High School Star

b0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected poster

Bledsoe?
b0bab0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:04 PM   #38
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
I think Thabo is the best out of all these guys. Him and Allen are pretty much equal defensively, but Thabo is a 40% 3 pt shooter while Allen can't shoot at all, so Thabo actually stretches the floor.

This X 100. I can't believe people have the audacity to say Bradley, and Allen are better offensive players than Thabo. Thabo is a far better shooter than both of these guys, and his 3 PT shooting this year (and in 2011) was exceptional for a player who makes his living off of defense.

at anyone ranking Shumpert anywhere but last. Talk about letting reputation (of which he has only spent one season building, mind you) preface you perspective. Have any of you watched Shumpert this season? Yes, he's recovering from a serious injury, but that still doesn't dispell that he has made far less an impact on his team's success than Thabo, Allen, and Bradley.

Like, I can't even take any poster that says Shumpert is #1 as a serious basketball mind.

Based off this year, the list should be:

Thabo/Bradley
Bradley/Thabo
Allen
Shumpert
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:28 PM   #39
Amar'e_Juwanna
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
Yes, he's recovering from a serious injury, but that still doesn't dispell that he has made far less an impact on his team's success than Thabo, Allen, and Bradley.

um... yes it does? i'm not disputing your ranking Shump last btw, just your reasoning for doing so. Allen and Thabo have played and started 78 and 80 games out of the year, respectively, while Bradley and Shumpert have played and started 48 and 44 each. Take into account that Shumpert's injury was a severe knee injury while Bradley's was a dislocated shoulder, its pretty easy to diagnose his comparatively (compared to last year as well as the other 3's campaigns this year) diminished impact on the Knicks.

like a previous poster said, confidence is huge and I hope and believe that Shump continues to regain it and display it in this year's playoffs and moving forward.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #40
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar'e_Juwanna
Take into account that Shumpert's injury was a severe knee injury while Bradley's was a dislocated shoulder

Just to clarify he had double shoulder surgery. His left shoulder dislocated and caused damage at least 4 times, then his right went out of whack because he had to compensate for his left.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:48 PM   #41
Rondooooooooooo
Liquid Swordsman

Rondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation here

Bradley>Allen>Thabo>Shump
Rondooooooooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #42
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

shump has the most potential. bradley extremely overrated. got abused by deron williams, almost fouled out in less than 20 mins. shump would never allow that. that being said, shumps gotta recover and get the kinks out properly.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:10 PM   #43
HarryCallahan
Banned

HarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bab0i
Bledsoe?

Avery > Bledsoe > Shump
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #44
Vertical-24
Hollywood

Vertical-24 has decent reputation

In terms of perimeter defense or overall play?

Defensive Ranking

1. Avery Bradley
2. Tony Allen
3. Thabo Sefolosha
4. Iman Shumpert

I don't think Iman was nearly as good defensively this year as he was last year. I blame it on the ACL injury and him getting re-adjusted. He will be better the upcoming season, i'm thinking.

Bradley was amazing this year and Allen was consistent as always.
Vertical-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:27 PM   #45
Amar'e_Juwanna
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Just to clarify he had double shoulder surgery. His left shoulder dislocated and caused damage at least 4 times, then his right went out of whack because he had to compensate for his left.

I did not know this so thank you for clarifying. I do feel like my point still stands in terms of the ramifications of their respective injuries regarding the type/style of defense that they respectively play. as Clyde always say, defense is played with the feet!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: