Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default How did Spo not lose his job coaching LeBrawn?

Wade, LeBrawn, and Bosh and a stacked supporting cast yet their first season they fail to win the ship. He keeps his coaching job still somehow. Then they lose again 2 seasons later and Spo is still at the helm.

Did Spo have dirt on LeBrawn or something? How did they end up with such an uneasy truce considering LeBrawn clearly didn't respect him?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: How did Spo not lose his job coaching LeBrawn?

Because Pat Riley ran shit in Miami, not LeBron.

Thick dick Riley wasn't having none of that shit. Spo was his guy and Lebron was just noise.

Pat Riley.

Dude wasn't going to take shit from LeBron, and practically said as much.

Anybody have the video/article where Shaq thought he could run Riles' practice, and almost knocked out Pat for putting him in his place? F*cking hilarious

Riley Da Gawdfatha that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Because Pat Riley ran shit in Miami, not LeBron.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Wade, LeBrawn, and Bosh and a stacked supporting cast yet their first season they fail to win the ship. He keeps his coaching job still somehow. Then they lose again 2 seasons later and Spo is still at the helm.

Did Spo have dirt on LeBrawn or something? How did they end up with such an uneasy truce considering LeBrawn clearly didn't respect him?
    Riley doesn't bend over backwards?

Spo deserves to lose his job right now. Unfortunately he probably won't.

It's so obvious to every person that posted in your thread OP, did you really not know that Pat Riley is in charge in Miami?

The don, the godfather, you ain't ****in with the man who coached Magic, Kareem, Ewing, Shaq, and Wade. Played alongside Wilt, Baylor, Jerry West, Gail Goodrich, and won an NBA title with them. Get real.

Banned

Blatt was brought in, to rebuild the team. Lebron came back and now he is pressure to win. I believe the Cavs feel their window of opportunity is closing since Lebron isn't getting any younger. To bring in more talent means they need more time to become a cohesive team. The pressure is huge to bring Cleveland a championship.

Different situation in Miami because Lebron was going to someone's team. He didn't have much to say. With Cleveland, he is their best player in franchise history, arguably, because I would take Mark Price, Nance and Daugherty over him, in terms of the face of the franchise's history.

I don't think people are joking when they say Lebron is running the team. Danny Ferry was under pressure to bring in players to help Lebron. We know how that went...Lebron left.

Now that he's won his rings in Miami...I really don't think he cares to bring a ring to Cleveland. It's important to him but he won't lose any sleep over it.

Also, at the time the big 3 didn't like Spo but they also didn't want Riley coaching them. If they thought Spo was tough...Riley is even tougher. I'm sure Wade informed Lebron about this.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Blatt was brought in, to rebuild the team. Lebron came back and now he is pressure to win. I believe the Cavs feel their window of opportunity is closing since Lebron isn't getting any younger. To bring in more talent means they need more time to become a cohesive team. The pressure is huge to bring Cleveland a championship.

Different situation in Miami because Lebron was going to someone's team. He didn't have much to say. With Cleveland, he is their best player in franchise history, arguably, because I would take Mark Price, Nance and Daugherty over him, in terms of the face of the franchise's history.

I don't think people are joking when they say Lebron is running the team. Danny Ferry was under pressure to bring in players to help Lebron. We know how that went...Lebron left.

Now that he's won his rings in Miami...I really don't think he cares to bring a ring to Cleveland. It's important to him but he won't lose any sleep over it.

Also, at the time the big 3 didn't like Spo but they also didn't want Riley coaching them. If they thought Spo was tough...Riley is even tougher. I'm sure Wade informed Lebron about this.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Pat Riley.

Anybody have the video/article where Shaq thought he could run Riles' practice, and almost knocked out Pat for putting him in his place? F*cking hilarious
    This is Shaq's version of the incident, so take it with a grain of salt.

My ticket out of Miami was punched in mid-February 2008. There was a lot of tension between Pat and the players. So we're about to start practice and Jason Williams comes in about ten seconds late. Pat being Pat, he starts swearing at him and screaming, "Get the hell out of here!"...
    I tell Pat we're a team and we need to stick together, not throw guys out of the gym. Pat is screaming at me and says if I don't like it, then I should get the hell out of practice, too.
    That's when I said, "Why don't you make me?"
    I start taking a couple of steps towards Pat. Udonis Haslem steps in and I shove him out of the way. Then Zo tries to grab me. I threw him aside like he was a rag doll. Now it's me and Riley face-to-face, jaw to jaw. I'm poking him in the chest and he keeps slapping my finger away and it's getting nasty. Noisy, too. He's yelling "**** you!" and I'm yelling back, "No, **** you!"
    Zo is trying to calm us both down and he has this kind of singsong panic in his voice. He keeps saying, "Big fella, no big fella, big fella!" I finally turn around and tell him, "Don't worry, I'm not going to hit the man. Do you think I'm crazy?"
    http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/sh...graphy-6522268

because father pat made lebron his b*tch.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Pat Riley.

I have to use this gif here