Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: FYI, yes, Curry is indeed having the greatest offensive season ever

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    Over the course of an entire nba season it might, but not much. Finding out their per 40 might be a good middleground...But it's giving him stats/an efficiency he didn't actually do, while lowering what the other two did.

This shit isn't easy, so I don't mean to knock Curry. I'm known as a Wilt stan but I'd like to think of myself as sensible/reasonable haha
    He is shooting 69% in 33 minutes. Say he plays 40, shall we knock off a percentage point for every minute he plays up to 40? It is still ridiculously efficient either way.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Wilt dicksuckers out in full force.
    Life must be dull in the retirement village.

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
    how do you guard this? it just baffles me!
    That is beyond absurd. Never seen anyone break the NBA like this, considering that he makes 3 points better than most players make 2 point.

Lol'd at "doesn't have enough stamina"

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    He is shooting 69% in 33 minutes. Say he plays 40, shall we knock off a percentage point for every minute he plays up to 40? It is still ridiculously efficient either way.
    Definitely, not denying that. But if you take away what he's doing at the charity stripe the ridiculous dominance percentage wise becomes a LITTLE more human(With more minutes/volume). I would argue that effects the rating a little bit, but I'd have to dive deeper into that

True shooting percentage IMO is fair in comparison to Small Forwards and below...But for 4's, and 5's not so much. For instance, if someone is calling this the "greatest offensive season" like the OP....I would bring this up

Curry is shooting a TS% of .685

We get rid of the true shooting% and find out the average between his 2's, and 3's is .519, again

Wilts TS% in 67 was .637...Take away the free throws you get .683

But even with a free throw % of .913 for Curry, and .441 for Wilt...Curry is only giving you 5.4 Free throws per game, versus Wilts 4.8...A .6(.9 Per36) difference is not much.

At MOST so far curry is giving you 6.3 free throw attempts per game, on 5.4 makes. Averaging in his career per36 3.8 Attempts at 3.5 makes

But Wilt, topped off at 17 attempts, 10.4 makes. Averaging in his career 11.4 attempts making 5.8. But, even unfairly penalizing his stamina his Per 36 is 8.9 attempts with 4.6 makes.

With my little PRF stat Curry is beating Wilt that season...But, with something like offensive rebounds in mind, how much does this close the gap for you if at all? Currys ORB is .8...While we don't know Wilts ORB, his TRB that season was 24.2. Even with adjusted stats that might make up the difference in points(correct me if I'm wrong)

I'm not trying to bring down Curry, I'm trying to represent the past and make a case that this isn't the landslide "Best offensive season ever" that some make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Lol'd at "doesn't have enough stamina"
    No one is arguing he couldn't play those minutes, but we are arguing he can't put up the same percentages. I'd also argue he wouldn't be as efficient shooting at the same volume some of the great scorers have had. Would he still be efficient? yes. Would it still be an amazing season? yes. One of the best offensive seasons? Yes. THE best, as is, or if he was shooting more...???

As I've said though, no matter how you look at it, it's some of the best basketball we've got to witness. Do the rules today benefit him? Of course, but I'm not going to have sour grapes about it until people say "Curry>___ and it's not even close" like some have