Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Im trying to decide if Kidd has the most perfectly thrown pass ive ever seen.

I generally lean towards the total fakeouts like...whatever the hell Magic did here....

Or the "Dude...perfect..." style behind the back or no look passes that have to be pinpoint and have several other things go right. Things like....

Default Re: Im trying to decide if Kidd has the most perfectly thrown pass ive ever seen.

But all of those are spontaneous things you cant really think out in advance. Which may be extra points to you and that would be fine. But this one Kidd had to think out and lay it out so perfectly with almost no ability to see with the perfect arc....for the game?

Execution wise...may be #1 all time for me.

Or would you just call it bad defense? You have to know what they are doing.....sure the .4 allows a catch and shoot but....its still hard to do. You know its a lob at the basket. They know Kidd has to make it perfect so Yao is on him...and he drops that ho softly like a feather 40 feet away for the easy layup. He didnt have to go to the rafters for it like Dwight did on his out of bounds game winning alley. It was on a platter for the effortless layup.

If its not #1 im not sure what is.

Default Re: Im trying to decide if Kidd has the most perfectly thrown pass ive ever seen.

As far as single passes go LeBron

[QUOTE=Vino24]As far as single passes go LeBron

Are you even allowed to jump when passing it from out of bounds?

Peja for me is the best pass in history.

Its legal. You can move out of bounds too in some situations. You can do a lot out of bounds teams dont do anymore. Like:

Im fairly sure the rule never changed. Teams just...dont do it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

pistol pete had some pretty sweet passes

Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Off the top of my head the only Lebron pass id put up here is one you almost never see. I can never even find a high quality version. We all saw it in 06 or whatever and talked about it on here but ESPN didnt even give you good replays...like they didnt realize how insane it was.

I dont know how he got that much velocity on it from that angle. It blew by Haywood like a fastball he couldnt even see.
    This is the exact same pass I referenced in another one of your threads when it came to Lebron's best pass.

The gif of Magic being on the ground and throwing a fast ball to Kareem's hands iirc is one of my favorite. Those kinds of passes absolutely freeze the defense because their brain can't even process what happened.

Hedos pass is great but see where Dwight had to catch it? You need a superhero to go get it. Kidds was right at the rim. That said...Hedo knew he had a superhero to throw it to so maybe thats why it was so high.

We'd have to ask him but when a multiple time MVP and multiple first team defense guy is defending the guy you're throwing it to, I suspect you're going to throw it out of that guy's reach if your guy jumps higher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfcu_iPjVmI

Manu made the nutmeg look easy. Always felt like that pass was more skilled than a lob. So many things have to go right, since you have to wait for the cutter to be in position and the defenders legs to split.

With the added bonus of shaming the defender.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Jason Williams.

Pick one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZizsAdutYo

I wish I could find a version of this that wasn't recorded with a potato smeared in Vaseline.

Anyway, this was a 300 year old Arvydas Sabonis throwing a true no look pass in a Game 7. Sucks that Bonzi Wells got fouled before he could put up a shot.