View Poll Results: Where would you rank him?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Top 10

14 33.33%
  • Top 15

16 38.10%
  • Top 20

7 16.67%
  • Top 25

4 9.52%
  • Still outside of the top 25

1 2.38%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Where Will You Rank Curry If He Wins This Year's Finals MVP?

If Curry wins without KD, will it be the first time in history that a team won without the clear cut best player in the league as their teammate?

Quote Originally Posted by LBJFTW
    If Curry wins without KD, will it be the first time in history that a team won without the clear cut best player in the league as their teammate?
    You could definitely argue Durant

very, very high

i dont like kd and dont want him to play much but there'd be something sadistic about gsw trailing 0-2, kd comes back and snatches FMVP

curry would tell him post-game to leave

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    i dont like kd and dont want him to play much but there'd be something sadistic about gsw trailing 0-2, kd comes back and snatches FMVP

In that situation with the Warriors trailing and then winning with KD coming back, if KD plays well then him winning FMVP would seem to be perfectly defensible.

What wouldn't be defensible is if he comes back with the Warriors up 2-0 and yet KD still wins the FMVP, barring a game 7 being required because his teammates meltdown and later heroics on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit
    In that situation with the Warriors trailing and then winning with KD coming back, if KD plays well then him winning FMVP would seem to be perfectly defensible.

What wouldn't be defensible is if he comes back with the Warriors up 2-0 and yet KD still wins the FMVP, barring a game 7 being required because his teammates meltdown and later heroics on his part.
    of course

there's no way he'd get fmvp in that instance

The ISH'ers Champion!

Top 15 above Lebron looking towards top 10 if he wins a 5th ring.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    None of that matters. If you want to be recognized as the head honcho, then you're supposed to be the straw that stirs the drink the entire season. No questions should arise about who's the leader or who's the better play. In Curry's case he's not been the teams clear cut best player (doing the majority of the work) on offense for the last 3yrs.

Sure you can. If they didn't have KD, then Steph would be the one expected to do the heavy lifting / lead the team in scoring just like he did in 2015. He's had the luxury of not needing to do that and not using the energy he normally would with KD doing a lot of that heavy lifting.

Yeah.... total non-sense from what we've seen from KD the last 3yrs

It wouldn't be dead until he can show he can lead the team from beginning to end of the season just like he did in 2015 and 2016. Stepping in to be first option during the WCF and then go onto leading GS to an championship would mean just that, he stepped in at the end of the season. He wasn't "the guy" for the entire season.
    Could you explain why you are questioning the guy that led his team to 67 wins, a title, and then set the wins record the next year...spanked Durant en route to being a couple bounces of the ball way from another title?

Why are we questioning him and not the guy that never won shit on his own with a loaded roster and piggybacked onto a dynasty?

I'll never understand why we should question the proven player that has now led his team to 30-1 with the supposed "best player" that is carrying the team.

Come back to reality please...

You make it sound like Curry hasn't already had a historic career. Sorry if you don't like it, but he has. In fact, he could never win again and with decent longevity go down in the top 20 all time.

He's been that good and accomplished that much.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Could you explain why you are questioning the guy that led his team to 67 wins, a title, and then set the wins record the next year...spanked Durant en route to being a couple bounces of the ball way from another title?

Why are we questioning him and not the guy that never won shit on his own with a loaded roster and piggybacked onto a dynasty?

I'll never understand why we should question the proven player that has now led his team to 30-1 with the supposed "best player" that is carrying the team.

Come back to reality please...

You make it sound like Curry hasn't already had a historic career. Sorry if you don't like it, but he has. In fact, he could never win again and with decent longevity go down in the top 20 all time.

He's been that good and accomplished that much.
    Not that I

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]Not that I

Banned

He is already in my top 10...

To everyone downplaying Finals MVPs: the award does matter considerably; it wouldn't be treated as one of the noteworthiest accolades

I

Last time I checked, dude still doesn't have a FMVP to his name.

Also, last time I checked, he still hasn't won a chip this year.

Anyone can talk. Just move your mouth. It's about action fellas. Let's see what he does this finals. I am not sold on this dude yet at the highest level.

He's gotta show me. Until then, he's a fringe top 30 guy to me.

Oh, I missed the question. If he wins FMVP this year in convincing fashion, I would put him at worst top 20, possibly top 15. You can make arguments he should've won in 2015 and last year too. He's special for sure. Just didn't have the raw athleticism to impose his will on the game, which is NOT his fault. His gravity on the court is GOAT level for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Technically..... the 2015 title is the only title he led GS from beginning of the season to the end. KD has done a lot of the heavy lifting throughout the whole season the last 3yrs.

Steph had played well since KD went down, but he hasnt nearly used enough energy he would need to use if KD wasn't on the team. Especially when compared to some other past greats.
    Who cares? The point is, this team can still win a title without KD and Curry is the best player on this team. One more ring and and FMVP and he's top 15 without question. 2x MVP, 4 titles, and 1 FMVP is a borderline top 10 resume.