Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: What do you do in your free time?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    In your case, can't lose what you never had.
    You would know as you are speaking from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    While your patients are under anesthesia probably. Sicko.

SSSSHHHHHHHH!

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    You would know as you are speaking from experience.
    I expected nothing and still you disappoint me. I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a more clever reply than that.

Same applies to whatever comeback snaggle had in mind btw, since his replies and comebacks are always terrible and cringey.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    I expected nothing and still you disappoint me. I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a more clever reply than that.
    How many times you gonna use that line?

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

i like to throw on my TC Tugger and take it out for a night on the town.

Quote Originally Posted by E_Stamkos
    What type of other forums do you post on?
    Occasionally hardforum (electronics stuff), I check head-fi for audio stuff.. Another private forum occasionally (bte).. I used to read realgm but felt awkward posting there not knowing anyone. It took me years to feel comfortable posting on subforums outside of Lakers forum on ISH.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Occasionally hardforum (electronics stuff), I check head-fi for audio stuff.. Another private forum occasionally (bte).. I used to read realgm but felt awkward posting there not knowing anyone. It took me years to feel comfortable posting on subforums outside of Lakers forum on ISH.
    any reddit or no? it's my go to now. The television subreddits are decent for discussion. Even something like dataisbeautiful has a good post once in awhile

Hoops, hoops, hoops.

Spend a lot of time around the Prep/AAU scene, contributing to various websites with content & rankings (such as PrepHoops), while also working with BallerTV as a videographer and site lead.

Simulation leagues.

That's my free time. Rest of it is work or family.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    any reddit or no? it's my go to now. The television subreddits are decent for discussion. Even something like dataisbeautiful has a good post once in awhile
    Occasionally but mehhh.. Reddit is good but posters will always vary from post to post. Good for information, but you are not knowing anyone there

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    what business are you in ???
    Your quote is obviously to high , and are blowing you off.
    Starting a business, you all most have to give the work away , to get customers to spread the word , then he can pay increase and start making a living.
    it's a construction trade. i don't want to go into more detail cuz we legit have some weirdos on here who will try to find me.

anyhow, pricing is something i definitely have tried to dial in, hence why i would ask for feedback. the first month of bids i definitely was off. but recent feedback has told me i'm competitive for the most part, also i've gotten awarded some so i know my pricing is market rate.

but yeah, i try to price it very tight so i can get in with a company. in construction, if you manage to impress one General Contractor (the customer), they tend to use you for future projects. So that's my main goal, get my foot in the door with a few of them and that should provide enough work to keep me busy.

Fix stuff

Dry Fly Fishing, preferably in a remote stream for trout.... never liked fishing, but this, you should try, any of you, its not fishing, its ART, can do this 24-7.

Road Biking, outside the city preferably, nothing puts a bigger smile on my face than speeding with a 15-16 lbs carbon dura-ace road bike.

Basketball, shooting specifically, i dont like to play as much as before, i prefer to be alone with a nice swishy netted hoop and just... shoot...

Movies (cinema).

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    it's a construction trade. i don't want to go into more detail cuz we legit have some weirdos on here who will try to find me.

anyhow, pricing is something i definitely have tried to dial in, hence why i would ask for feedback. the first month of bids i definitely was off. but recent feedback has told me i'm competitive for the most part, also i've gotten awarded some so i know my pricing is market rate.

but yeah, i try to price it very tight so i can get in with a company. in construction, if you manage to impress one General Contractor (the customer), they tend to use you for future projects. So that's my main goal, get my foot in the door with a few of them and that should provide enough work to keep me busy.
    That's a good plan. I have worked for some years as a project manager. Once you find a sub-contractor that you know, works well, at a decent rate, you tend to keep going to them. Life is stressful enough and a project manager loves it when things are uncomplicated. Nobody wants to start the process new every time.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey

That is in my area , high end business. A buddy of mine , does a lot of work , word of mouth , and alot of his cash flow is under the table.
    I hope you don't disappoint your self , by not getting enough work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando
    That's a good plan. I have worked for some years as a project manager. Once you find a sub-contractor that you know, works well, at a decent rate, you tend to keep going to them. Life is stressful enough and a project manager loves it when things are uncomplicated. Nobody wants to start the process new every time.
    nice. that reason is precisely why i'm also having some trouble tho, getting PM's to trust a new sub isn't an easy task

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    That is in my area , high end business. A buddy of mine , does a lot of work , word of mouth , and alot of his cash flow is under the table.
    I hope you don't disappoint your self , by not getting enough work.
    word of mouth goes a long way even in today's era. thanks man, i just want enough work to keep busy. i can't stand slow days/weeks where i only work a couple days out of the week.