Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: LeBrons Finals Performance

It's more than his overall performance looked at as a whole, it's how the dude was invisible and/or passive for LONG stretches of several games. Posting this actually got me suspended from RealGM for a day, because these Lebron nut-huggers can't deal with the truth:

Lebron was 1-9 FG for 9 points in 31 minutes of game time from the 4:45 mark of the first quarter through the beginning of the 4th quarter in game 6. But yeah, you guys are right - he hasn't disappeared or been rendered ineffective for large stretches of the series! How could I not see the light!?

So he's 12-27 from midrange for the series? Wow, great (note: this was prior to game 7). So he's attempted just 4-5 midrange shots per game despite the 6-9 foot cushion they've been giving him all series, daring him to take those shots. Like I said: dude has been invisible for large stretches of the series, is mentally shook, and has no confidence whatsoever in his shot. The way they've been playing him, he should have been attempting like 10+ 15-20 footers per game and making a great % of them due to the space they're giving him. Him hardly attempting any such shots is precisely what I'm talking about. This is to say nothing of the fact that the majority of these shots (and makes) come in clusters, usually only when the Heat are up and playing well.

Here are some other long stretches where he has disappeared. And it's not like this is when his team is up comfortably (which, oddly enough, is when he plays his best - he's a front-runner in that respect) - this is when they are down or the game is very much in question, and he just disappears or does nothing for long stretches of time.

From game 5:

4:45 mark of the 1st quarter through the 5:45 mark of the second quarter (11 minutes of game time): the score is tied 17-17 at the start of this stretch, and SA then goes on a 12-0 run and eventually a 19-5 run to end that stretch up 47-34. During these 11 minutes, Lebron goes 0-3 FG for 0 points. Invisible.

10:42 mark of the 3rd quarter through 3:27 mark of the 4th quarter (19 minutes of game time): Lebron goes 0-7 FG for 1 point. San Antonio goes from a 1 point lead at the start of this stretch to a 15 point lead at the end of it, and Lebron is (again) invisible.

In case you're counting, that makes 30 minutes of game time in game 5 where Lebron went a combined 0-10 from the field for 1 point. During these 30 minutes, SA went from being tied or only up 1 point to having monstrous leads each time (that's the worst part - it'd be a bit different if the Heat were up or playing well). And the Heat's leader, Lebron James, did nothing to counter it. Invisible. Shook.

Game 3:

3:24 mark of the 1st quarter through the 2:04 mark of the second quarter (13+ minutes of game time): 0-4 FG for 0 points. The Heat went from being down 3 points to being down 8 points during this time.

He then makes a layup (shock!) at the 2:04 mark of the 2nd quarter, which is followed by this stretch of nothingness:

2:04 mark of the 2nd quarter through the 1:36 mark of the 3rd quarter (12.5 minutes of game time): 0-5 FG for 0 points. During this stretch, the Heat went from being down 3 to being down 19 points, and Lebron - fearless leader - did nothing at all.

In total, from the 3:24 mark of the 1st quarter through the 1:36 mark of the 3rd quarter (26 minutes of game time), Lebron was 1-10 from the field for 2 points. During this time, San Antonio was +21. They opened up a huge lead and Lebron did bubkes.

Please, PLEASE don't make me do this type of analysis for other games, because it won't be pretty. GOAT my ass. You people are comically blind to his shortcomings and his shrinking from the moment. As I said, he has been INVISIBLE for large stretches of this series - 70-80% if I had to estimate. His stretches of good play have come in short spurts for the most part. This salvages his overall numbers, making it look somewhat respectable, but to anyone who has actually been watching the series - and is not a huge Lebron fan like several folks in this thread - he has looked invisible and timid for most of the series.

People are absolutely out of their mind comparing this dude to Jordan. He was a Ray Allen shot away from being a stooge and a laughing stock, and it was in large part due to his own poor play and invisibility.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Tell me more about wades legendary 15 ppg

Tell me more about boshs astounding 12 ppg

"stacked"

He had less help than bean did in 09-10

Get mad
    Let's look at the competition that LeBron faced while playing with a superstar SG and all-star PF...

First round, the Brandon Jennings led mighty Bucks!!! Fear the deer.

Second round, the mighty NATE ROBINSON led Bulls!!! And they were only missing their two best players!

ECF, the fearsome Paul George led Pacers! A fierce team led by an equally fierce fringe all-star SF coming fresh off his third season!!! How did the Heat make it out alive?

And then the finals, straight out of the museum, the 37 year old Tim Duncan led Spurs!!! The Heat should have been no match for these prehistoric beasts, but somehow LeBron guided his peasants to a 7 game series win! All hail Lord LeBron!!!

Now a Cavs fan again

25/11/7 on 45% and all-time defense. Not Jordan yet, but easily in the top 5 all time. Not to mention the clutchness of dropping 37/12 in Game 7 + the Finals-clinching jumper.

Kobe on the other hand gets absolutely SHUT DOWN by guys like Prince, Pierce, etc. Kobe has a claim for arguably the worst Game 7 Finals performance in NBA history along with 1994 Starks with his 6/24 Game 7 brickfest.

Kobe also got absolutely lit up by Pierce in 2008 as well. What's alarming is a 45% shooting Finals for LeBron is just ordinary by his standards yet it is a higher percentage than Kobe has shot in SIX out of SEVEN Finals appearances. This guy is supposedly top 10 all time!!

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    It's more than his overall performance looked at as a whole, it's how the dude was invisible and/or passive for LONG stretches of several games. Posting this actually got me suspended from RealGM for a day, because these Lebron nut-huggers can't deal with the truth:

Lebron was 1-9 FG for 9 points in 31 minutes of game time from the 4:45 mark of the first quarter through the beginning of the 4th quarter in game 6. But yeah, you guys are right - he hasn't disappeared or been rendered ineffective for large stretches of the series! How could I not see the light!?

So he's 12-27 from midrange for the series? Wow, great (note: this was prior to game 7). So he's attempted just 4-5 midrange shots per game despite the 6-9 foot cushion they've been giving him all series, daring him to take those shots. Like I said: dude has been invisible for large stretches of the series, is mentally shook, and has no confidence whatsoever in his shot. The way they've been playing him, he should have been attempting like 10+ 15-20 footers per game and making a great % of them due to the space they're giving him. Him hardly attempting any such shots is precisely what I'm talking about. This is to say nothing of the fact that the majority of these shots (and makes) come in clusters, usually only when the Heat are up and playing well.

Here are some other long stretches where he has disappeared. And it's not like this is when his team is up comfortably (which, oddly enough, is when he plays his best - he's a front-runner in that respect) - this is when they are down or the game is very much in question, and he just disappears or does nothing for long stretches of time.

From game 5:

4:45 mark of the 1st quarter through the 5:45 mark of the second quarter (11 minutes of game time): the score is tied 17-17 at the start of this stretch, and SA then goes on a 12-0 run and eventually a 19-5 run to end that stretch up 47-34. During these 11 minutes, Lebron goes 0-3 FG for 0 points. Invisible.

10:42 mark of the 3rd quarter through 3:27 mark of the 4th quarter (19 minutes of game time): Lebron goes 0-7 FG for 1 point. San Antonio goes from a 1 point lead at the start of this stretch to a 15 point lead at the end of it, and Lebron is (again) invisible.

In case you're counting, that makes 30 minutes of game time in game 5 where Lebron went a combined 0-10 from the field for 1 point. During these 30 minutes, SA went from being tied or only up 1 point to having monstrous leads each time (that's the worst part - it'd be a bit different if the Heat were up or playing well). And the Heat's leader, Lebron James, did nothing to counter it. Invisible. Shook.

Game 3:

3:24 mark of the 1st quarter through the 2:04 mark of the second quarter (13+ minutes of game time): 0-4 FG for 0 points. The Heat went from being down 3 points to being down 8 points during this time.

He then makes a layup (shock!) at the 2:04 mark of the 2nd quarter, which is followed by this stretch of nothingness:

2:04 mark of the 2nd quarter through the 1:36 mark of the 3rd quarter (12.5 minutes of game time): 0-5 FG for 0 points. During this stretch, the Heat went from being down 3 to being down 19 points, and Lebron - fearless leader - did nothing at all.

In total, from the 3:24 mark of the 1st quarter through the 1:36 mark of the 3rd quarter (26 minutes of game time), Lebron was 1-10 from the field for 2 points. During this time, San Antonio was +21. They opened up a huge lead and Lebron did bubkes.

Please, PLEASE don't make me do this type of analysis for other games, because it won't be pretty. GOAT my ass. You people are comically blind to his shortcomings and his shrinking from the moment. As I said, he has been INVISIBLE for large stretches of this series - 70-80% if I had to estimate. His stretches of good play have come in short spurts for the most part. This salvages his overall numbers, making it look somewhat respectable, but to anyone who has actually been watching the series - and is not a huge Lebron fan like several folks in this thread - he has looked invisible and timid for most of the series.

People are absolutely out of their mind comparing this dude to Jordan. He was a Ray Allen shot away from being a stooge and a laughing stock, and it was in large part due to his own poor play and invisibility.

This
    Thank you! Some one else that actually watched the series and doesn't just point to bronzeys padded stat averages for the whole series..
    Even Lebron stans were ready to jump ship after game 5 now he's being compared to MJ???

Quote Originally Posted by 2010splash
    25/11/7 on 45% and all-time defense. Not Jordan yet, but easily in the top 5 all time. Not to mention the clutchness of dropping 37/12 in Game 7 + the Finals-clinching jumper.

Kobe on the other hand gets absolutely SHUT DOWN by guys like Prince, Pierce, etc. Kobe has a claim for arguably the worst Game 7 Finals performance in NBA history along with 1994 Starks with his 6/24 Game 7 brickfest.

Kobe also got absolutely lit up by Pierce in 2008 as well. What's alarming is a 45% shooting Finals for LeBron is just ordinary by his standards yet it is a higher percentage than Kobe has shot in SIX out of SEVEN Finals appearances. This guy is supposedly top 10 all time!!

THEY LEFT HIM WIDE OPEN TO SHOOT THE BALL

You think Kobe or Jordan ever got left wide open???

From game 5:

Game 3:

The stark truth of it all is too hard for some people to bare

While the Heat clowns make infinite threads claiming the greatness of Lebron, they won't sit down and look at reality

Bu-Bu-Bu Lebron is on Jordan level, I'm from the Bieber generation and I know everything

I usually hit open layups xoracle55's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HelterSkelter
    When will we ever mature as a fan?

THEIR STAR PLAYER/S LEAD, BUT TEAMS STILL WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS.

AND THE LEADERS WILL ALWAYS GET THE CREDIT WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT.

ALL OF THEM CONTRIBUTED IN THE WIN. IT'S A DAMN OLD CLICHE BUT NONE OF THAT IS POSSIBLE WITHOUT THEM.

(DON'T TAKE THAT LITERALLY, HEAT WOULD WIN WITHOUT JARVIS VARNADO, LAKERS WOULD WIN WITHOUT ADAM MORRISON, BULLS WOULD WIN WITHOUT RUSTY LARUE OR KEITH BOOTH, AS WELL AS ALL THE OTHER CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS)

LEBRON PLAYED WELL AND WAS FINALLY CLUTCH. DEAL WITH IT. IT'S NOT THE END OF THE WORLD.

This!

So typical of bitter bulls fan Poido and Kobetards trivializing
    Lebrons great finals performance. Why bother?

Kobe stans so mad that Lebron surpassed their idol...

I dont care about Jordan comparisions.

All I know is that

Lebron > Kobe

Stay mad and salty

Last edited by Andrei89; 06-24-2013 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Let's look at the competition that LeBron faced while playing with a superstar SG and all-star PF...

First round, the Brandon Jennings led mighty Bucks!!! Fear the deer.

Second round, the mighty NATE ROBINSON led Bulls!!! And they were only missing their two best players!

ECF, the fearsome Paul George led Pacers! A fierce team led by an equally fierce fringe all-star SF coming fresh off his third season!!! How did the Heat make it out alive?

And then the finals, straight out of the museum, the 37 year old Tim Duncan led Spurs!!! The Heat should have been no match for these prehistoric beasts, but somehow LeBron guided his peasants to a 7 game series win! All hail Lord LeBron!!!

But you said the spurs would win easily, so they must be pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    THEY LEFT HIM WIDE OPEN TO SHOOT THE BALL

You think Kobe or Jordan ever got left wide open???
    Kobe can't be left wide open because he refuses to take wide open shots - he just pump fakes until someone comes over to guard him and then fades away.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    The stark truth of it all is too hard for some people to bare

While the Heat clowns make infinite threads claiming the greatness of Lebron, they won't sit down and look at reality

Bu-Bu-Bu Lebron is on Jordan level, I'm from the Bieber generation and I know everything
    Only idiot trolls are saying that

Don't generalize us sane Lebron fans.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Only idiot trolls are saying that

Don't generalize us sane Lebron fans.

You're alright.

Please let my generalisation of Heat clowns fly over the top of your head.

The breed I'm refering to are Hoopsnumero, Taz, Plowking, Numbersix, Heatcurse etc.

They pump out so much BS and propaganda between them I can't keep up.

From game 5:

Game 3:

All this talk, and he still put up a better performance than Jordan did in the 96 finals.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    All this talk, and he still put up a better performance than Jordan did in the 96 finals.
    No, he really didn't. And he wasn't facing nearly the same defensive pressure. lol @ "King James" aka "the GOAT" being given a 6-10 foot cushion all series and dared to shoot and looking like a scared kid the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    When you read that, you thought; "Fcuk this guy, he is right. But just to make sure he doesnt notice my butthurt, I'll pick at one insignificant thing and throw it at him"

Sound about right Plowking?