Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Lakers...

Default Re: My Lakers...

Quote Originally Posted by Cold soul
    Lakers win a anywhere from 28-34 wins in that range.

Pretty much this, hard to see them close to .500 theyre too young..
    Maybe next season with some additions

russell owning mudiay

Near-Life Experience TheGreatDeraj's Avatar

I know it's just the preseason, but the Lakers look so much better this year.

Clarkson has taken another step this year he is going to surprise some people.

Nance jr also putting in work and I like what I'm seeing from Russel and Ingram as well. Pretty hyped to see this team grow.

I could see a .500 team this year, playoffs might be a stretch, but these Lakers have some very nice talent.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

I think a lot of you Laker fans are forgetting that...THE LAKERS WERE THE WORST DEFENSIVE TEAM IN THE LEAGUE LAST SEASON. They might have got a little better in this regard since Kobe retired and they got Luol Deng and Mozgov...but neither of those guys can impact the defensive side enough to matter. Definitely not matter when the Lakers are going to also be mediocre offensively. Russell, Clarson, Lou Williams, and Randle are all horrible defensive players and they are all going to play big minutes. Ingram could develop into an able player defensively, but it's certainly not going to happen out of the gate...especially playing in this kind of no defense culture the Lakers have right now, so he just adds another player who can't do shit defensively for this team.

This isn't the ****ing Rockets...the Lakers don't have the firepower to make up for the top 5 worst defensive team they will be. This upcoming lakers team will be lucky to win 30 games, period.

I know it's a really hard concept for casual fans to understand...but STOPPING THE OTHER TEAM FROM SCORING is just as important as scoring yourself.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 10-08-2016 at 01:01 AM.

Good college starter EricGordon23's Avatar

No way. Lakers will end up bottom 5 in rebounding and defense

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    I think a lot of you Laker fans are forgetting that...THE LAKERS WERE THE WORST DEFENSIVE TEAM IN THE LEAGUE LAST SEASON. They might have got a little better in this regard since Kobe retired and they got Luol Deng and Mozgov...but neither of those guys can impact the defensive side enough to matter. Definitely not matter when the Lakers are going to also be mediocre offensively. Russell, Clarson, Lou Williams, and Randle are all horrible defensive players and they are all going to play big minutes. Ingram could develop into an able player defensively, but it's certainly not going to happen out of the gate...especially playing in this kind of no defense culture the Lakers have right now, so he just adds another player who can't do shit defensively for this team.

This isn't the ****ing Rockets...the Lakers don't have the firepower to make up for the top 5 worst defensive team they will be. This upcoming lakers team will be lucky to win 30 games, period.

I know it's a really hard concept for casual fans to understand...but STOPPING THE OTHER TEAM FROM SCORING is just as important as scoring yourself.
    D'Angelo is a decent defender you dunce.

Local High School Star

Yeap and the fact they will also suck on offence won't help either..

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    D'Angelo is a decent defender

You laker fans are the earthworms of humans...no eyes, no ears...barely a brain...all you do is shit and eat.

You laker fans are the earthworms of humans...no eyes, no ears...barely a brain...all you do is shit and eat.
    Accurate description

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

we have hope baby.

things have been so dull the last few years. we're getting a fresh new start now, hence the excitement

The Warriors got Durant so they'd be able to match the Lakers firepower. Can't wait to see that matchup in the WCF

i am not pleased with ingram so far, i want this guy to start chucking.

Nailed it.

55+ wins guaranteed with Luke. the question is whether we can beat the fvcking stacked GSW in the WCF. I say YES. as long as D'bustello Bustell is on our side everything is possible

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K.dot ShowTime
    55+ wins guaranteed with Luke. the question is whether we can beat the fvcking stacked GSW in the WCF. I say YES. as long as D'bustello Bustell is on our side everything is possible
    my man