Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Default Re: I Hope The Bucks Keep Yi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Yi will play for the Bucks and turn this $hitty franchise into an eastern conference contender.
    If by some miracle, Bucks do become contenders even if the Eastern Conference, it wont be because of Yi. It'll be because all their players aren't injured and they're playing great basketball. Yi has no chance to even start on the team. He's too thin and only in the developmental stages of his career.

Not airballing my layups anymore Fluffy Bird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    If you are a lottery pick you will at least get 25-30 minutes the guy is only 19 yrs.old and a better athlete than most player in the Bucks lineup.

is this a clause in their contracts that was added this season (to perhaps compensate for the new age limit)?

MOST lottery picks dont play that much.

Local High School Star beau_boy04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dantin003
    and let him sit on the bench the whole next season, just for being such a**!!!
    then you can keep dreaming, coz he won't even suit a bucks uniform

Decent playground baller jerky10's Avatar

I wanna see Yi play in Chi-town.

I am Chris Wilcox

This dude pissed me off when he demanded a trade from the Bucks. The Bucks are pretty good team when all are healthy, with the addition of Yi they could possible do better, but when he demanded a trade it pissed me off.

Talking Re: I Hope The Bucks Keep Yi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    This dude pissed me off when he demanded a trade from the Bucks. The Bucks are pretty good team when all are healthy, with the addition of Yi they could possible do better, but when he demanded a trade it pissed me off.
    This concerns Yi's situation with the Bucks obviously.

1) Yi never said he did not want to play here.

The Manevolent Dan Fegan doesn;t want him to play for the Bucks. Why? Because he stands to make 20% of Yi's earnings from outside endorsements. It is of course assumed that being in Milwaukee would hurt his marketability. He is taking advantage of Yi's limited knowledge of NBA processes, and using it to his own advantage.

From Del Harris, who was on Milwaukee radio the other day and has coached Yi on the Chinese National Team over the past couple of years:

From Yi himself in an interview with the Chinese media (in response to a question asking why Yi looked uneasy/unhappy when the Bucks selected him:

For the entire interview, go here: http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2007-06-29/10243008548.shtml

OR

Asked if he would ever wear a Bucks uniform?

http://www.abqtrib.com/news/2007/jun/29/nba-draft-bucks-defend-surprise-pick-chinas-yi-jia/

Conclusion? The kid is being controlled and used by Dan Fegan. He wants as much money as possible.

2) The Bucks have seen Yi play plenty of times and know a lot about him, despite what the idiotic Stephen A Smith reported.

From GM of the Bucks, Larry Harris:

http://www.abqtrib.com/news/2007/jun/29/nba-draft-bucks-defend-surprise-pick-chinas-yi-jia/

3) The Bucks have the upper hand in this situation

The ONLY way Dan Fegan could persuade Yi to get away from the Bucks would be to have him sit out of any and all organized basketball (except for playing for the National team) for an entire year. In theory, Fegan would probably stand to lose even more money if Yi decided to do that. And from all accounts, Yi wants to play in the NBA next year.

Bottom Line: Larry Harris sent out a message that the city of Milwaukee will NOT be Screw around by greedy agents. Yi entered his name into the NBA draft, not the "Teams with big markets" draft. Deal with it. The Bucks have absolutely no plans on trading him according to Larry Harris, unless a team wants to completely knock our socks off. I defend his decision and appreciate the stand he's taking for the Bucks.

I'm a little about who wants Yi out of Milwaukee, his handlers, Yi himself, or both. It's not right to enter the draft and then dictate the place you are going to go. He should get banned from the league and never allowed to enter it unless he signs with the Bucks.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

why such a small town like Milwaukee has an NBA team?

Bucks fan

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne
    why such a small town like Milwaukee has an NBA team?
    It's many times bigger than Green Bay, which has no trouble selling out football games.

Krust Kingz

If I remember correctly he doesnt have to sign a contract sit out the year and re enter the draft next year

Bucks fan

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    If I remember correctly he doesnt have to sign a contract sit out the year and re enter the draft next year
    You make it sound easy, but it isn't. He'd have to some how get out of his contract with his Chinese team first, and that's the last thing they (the Tigers) want, because then they won't get paid a cent when Yi joins the NBA.

Banned

Thumbs up Yi wants out...Who does this kid thinks he is???

[COLOR=Black]I couldn't believe when I heard Yi saying he wanted out...Who is this kid?? He is a rookie..Where does he get off asking 4 a trade b4 he even try the team out...This kid is too cocky...Maybe Milwaulkee isn't the best market place for him but does this give him the right to want out already...Well if Milwaulkee does decide to trade him they should get something good in return. But im trying to understand why they drafted him with Villanueva and Bogut in the starting lineup..And im pretty sure Yi doesnt want to come off the bench...SO we will see what happens...[/COLOR][FONT=Comic Sans MS] [/FONT]

-Chris
    ESPN GET AT ME

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Yi wants out...Who does this kid thinks he is???

Quote Originally Posted by cdub1591
    [COLOR=Black]I couldn't believe when I heard Yi saying he wanted out...Who is this kid?? He is a rookie..Where does he get off asking 4 a trade b4 he even try the team out...This kid is too cocky...Maybe Milwaulkee isn't the best market place for him but does this give him the right to want out already...Well if Milwaulkee does decide to trade him they should get something good in return. But im trying to understand why they drafted him with Villanueva and Bogut in the starting lineup..And im pretty sure Yi doesnt want to come off the bench...SO we will see what happens...[/COLOR][FONT=Comic Sans MS] [/FONT]

-Chris
    ESPN GET AT ME
    they don't have an asian population....he wants to go somewhere that he fits in

and he plays good ball...it is his life, he can do what he wants...kinda like Eli Manning refusing to play in San Diego.

they don't have an asian population....he wants to go somewhere that he fits in
    That's a very stupid reason.
    he can do what he wants...
    True, but it's not neccessarily good for his image.

ship his ass to toronto. enough asians there