Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-17-2008, 09:08 AM   #31
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Deron Over Paul Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
DUMB

Deron isn't even on Paul's level

While you are one of the more coherent ones on ISH, your ability to evaluate talent and ability has been overall atrocious.

Other things you've said that have been completely incorrect:
-Andre Miller is a cancer and not a team player---> Does well in Philly
-Marcus Camby doesn't contribute much---> Just horrible in general
-Brandan Wright is the next KG and will win ROY--> Averages 7 mpg

And now this. Just give up evaluating talent and just keep to evaluating the game.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:07 AM   #32
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
There was a reason the Jazz picked Williams over Paul. Sloaner loves the pick 'n' roll.

I think it's fair to say that both Williams and Paul fit in perfectly for the styles their respective teams play. This swap them over stuff is nonsense in my mind.

Sorry, I don't see how Chris Paul wouldn't do well playing with a guy like Carlos Boozer. I'm not trying to say if you put Williams in NO in place of Paul, he wouldnt do well either. I think it has more to do with them fitting perfectly for the styles, they are just great PGs in general. I just think Chris Paul is better, and I'll take him being an MVP candidate while Deron isn't even an All-star as an indicator over some Skills Challenge that the players probably don't take that seriously.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 12:12 PM   #33
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Chris Paul will alwyas be better than Deron Williams.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 12:35 PM   #34
c_az_a
Good High School Starter

c_az_a has an OK reputation so far

Chris Paul is an all star. Deron who?
c_az_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:09 PM   #35
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

It would be hard to support this theory based off the skills competition...
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 02:50 PM   #36
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Chris Paul will alwyas be better than Deron Williams.
As long as it's "alwyas" and not "always".
Old 02-17-2008, 02:51 PM   #37
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_az_a
Chris Paul is an all star. Deron who?
Deron is a Final Four winner, Chis Paul is what?
Deron has taken his team to the playoffs, Chris has done what?
Deron has gone to the WCF, Chris has gone where?
Old 02-17-2008, 03:38 PM   #38
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Deron is a Final Four winner, Chis Paul is what?
Deron has taken his team to the playoffs, Chris has done what?
Deron has gone to the WCF, Chris has gone where?
those are all team acomplishments... without having solid personel around him none of those things matter...

chris paul
rookie of the year
2005-06 first in steals

this season
1st in win shares (defensive and offensive combined)
2nd in offensive win shares
2nd in assists
3rd in player efficiency

and williams playoffs were not that impresive, 33% from the arc.
5 turnovers a game
4 rebounds
like i said earlier, both good young players with tons of upside but to say one is better then the other is foolish

Last edited by gts : 02-17-2008 at 03:44 PM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:27 PM   #39
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
those are all team acomplishments... without having solid personel around him none of those things matter...

Last time I checked, teams win championships, not single player

Quote:
like i said earlier, both good young players with tons of upside but to say one is better then the other is foolish

Way not to take a side. It's called having an opinion.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:48 PM   #40
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

i'll put it like this. once these two guys play each other in the play-offs the competition is really gonna heat up for them. they will show who is better in the end. right now i say they are equal right now.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:28 PM   #41
stewen12
Banned

stewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation here

chris paul is still better
stewen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 07:49 PM   #42
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Sorry, I don't see how Chris Paul wouldn't do well playing with a guy like Carlos Boozer. I'm not trying to say if you put Williams in NO in place of Paul, he wouldnt do well either. I think it has more to do with them fitting perfectly for the styles, they are just great PGs in general. I just think Chris Paul is better, and I'll take him being an MVP candidate while Deron isn't even an All-star as an indicator over some Skills Challenge that the players probably don't take that seriously.
Absolutly, Paul would do well with a guy like Boozer, David West is good, but Boozer is better. With that being said, if Paul was playing with Boozer, people wouldn't be talking about him as an MVP candidate. What's the first thing people usually bring up about Williams? He plays with Boozer, Okur and AK while Paul only has West, Chandler and a washed up Peja.

Which makes me think that people often overlook Deron compared to Paul. It's not even a case of me thinking Deron is better then Paul, they're both probably going to be the top 2 PG's in the future, and will probably swap back and forth all the time. First year it was Paul, then it was Williams and now it's Paul again.

Of course, I am completely biased on this topic, and I'll gladly admit it.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:23 PM   #43
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

using the skills challenge to justify one player over the other?

lol.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: