Page 145 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4595135142143144145146147148155 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2487
    Home of the 16

Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

Opening up to the idea of recruiting Boogie. I just can’t see Paul George living up to the expectations with lesser touches. He’s in my fantasy team and he’s been very inconsistent, I just don’t see the Lakers giving up or clearing so many assets for him. Boogie on the other hand, seems to have calmed down since his Kings days, doesn’t seem to be a locker room head case anymore.

Boogie could be a 4 offensively, and then you can have an agile or very mobile defender at 5 like a Capela. You can have a non-stretch big as long as you have a stretch big to go with it, I feel like.

What do people actually want around here? Paul George to be the #1 scoring option?

Randle’s tricky. Very undersized, but I appreciate his game. Bigs used to bully him in the post, but over the last 10-15 games, it seems he has all of them figured out. Granted Capela’s a bit banged up, Julius would muscle his way down low and there was nothing Capela or Ryan Anderson could do about it. Same for Minny bigs, he perofrmed well against them.

But I don’t think it’s worth the 20m flat.

Man, I just can’t wait until the offseason. How stressful. Hahaha
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 01-03-2018 at 03:36 AM.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    I'm really confused on why you keep pencilling Randle at the 4 when he's been playing the C spot for like 80% of the time.
    I barely saw him playing alongside a legit center this year and he seems decent at it, actually playing better defense esp after switching etc.
    But yes, it would be crazy paying him a ton of money. A lot will depend on his agent and other teams valuing him.
    I was hoping he'll take a discount with heavy iincentives but it'll probably won't be enough.
    Yeah, especially with BroLo out. It

Magic needs to sit down for dinner with Lavar at some nice 5-star restaurant in downtown LA and tell him to keep his thoughts private. We can't have a media circus going. Tell Lavar Luke is our coach at least until summer when we can re-evaluate the season as an organization so zip it, and don't undermine that decision. That decision will not change whether Lavar likes it or not. If media asks Lavar for his thoughts, refuse to answer the question regardless of whether you have something positive or negative to say.

NBA lottery pick

I wish they would do that too. I think there's a bit of responsibility on the media too. Quit putting a mic in his face. Nobody cares to hear what he has to say. I'm totally over it. I'm not clicking on the articles on ESPN, etc. We know he says all kinds of stupid things. It was entertaining for a minute. Now it has run it's course.

Home of the 16

espn, espn..

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I wish they would do that too. I think there's a bit of responsibility on the media too. Quit putting a mic in his face. Nobody cares to hear what he has to say. I'm totally over it. I'm not clicking on the articles on ESPN, etc. We know he says all kinds of stupid things. It was entertaining for a minute. Now it has run it's course.
    Carlisle is right but you should hear what those idiot radio personalities are saying, that they have all the freaking freedom to do what they want to do blah blah blah. I mean, where do you draw the line?
    Lonzo with his comment "Ill play for anybody" instead of showing support of his coach is not helping at all.

NBA lottery pick

Lonzo realized he got baited into that question I think though and then it made for a big quote. He got out of there quick. He was trying to be PC and it back fired. At least that's how I took it. Sure the media can do what they want. But to me they've gotten out of hand with the Lavar stuff.

Outside of that, what do you guys think of Randle lately? It could just be a showcase to trade him, but he's been playing really well. I've always thought he was the better of the two between him and Nance. It's a shame that they were drafted together.

Lonzo realized he got baited into that question I think though and then it made for a big quote. He got out of there quick. He was trying to be PC and it back fired. At least that's how I took it. Sure the media can do what they want. But to me they've gotten out of hand with the Lavar stuff.

Outside of that, what do you guys think of Randle lately? It could just be a showcase to trade him, but he's been playing really well. I've always thought he was the better of the two between him and Nance. It's a shame that they were drafted together.
    Before anything, I badly want to move Clarkson. He is simply unnecessary in the big picture as we have other good scorers like Kuzma/Hart, and we badly need a 1st round draft pick. I would gladly trade our 2nd round pick, Clarkson and some cash considerations for a 1st round pick.

I don't want LeBron on the Lakers btw. He would be almost 34 if Lakers were to get him this summer and Lakers would have to max out salaries just to get him.

Do. Not. Want.

Yes, I think the major reason is that Randle is being showcased, overpowering his counterpart at the 4 etc and I personally don't like it bec Brook IMO, is far more better at posting down low with his pretty good hooks and counter moves instead of camping outside where he had a maximum of 5 decent shooting nights out of 30 games?
    I also like Randle as a back up Center bec I think he can hold his own at the 5, being that strong and mobile at the same time, The starting PF spot should be for Kuzma whose been out of rhythm lately.
    About Clarkson, I am not sure GM's are attracted to his style of play. His jumper is very shaky and he tends to over dribble and freelance a lot.

NBA lottery pick

I would think Clarkson's contract might be the most intimidating because I would think a team that is close to competing for a ship would like to have him but wouldn't be able to make room. He could for sure help a team like the Cavs, for example, but there's no way they could make room for him.

NBA lottery pick

Latest rumor.... the Lakers were actually thinking about firing Walton and hiring David Fizdale after the season. https://sports.yahoo.com/report-lava...215721663.html

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Yes, I think the major reason is that Randle is being showcased, overpowering his counterpart at the 4 etc and I personally don't like it bec Brook IMO, is far more better at posting down low with his pretty good hooks and counter moves instead of camping outside where he had a maximum of 5 decent shooting nights out of 30 games?
    I also like Randle as a back up Center bec I think he can hold his own at the 5, being that strong and mobile at the same time, The starting PF spot should be for Kuzma whose been out of rhythm lately.
    About Clarkson, I am not sure GM's are attracted to his style of play. His jumper is very shaky and he tends to over dribble and freelance a lot.
    Nance and Randle duo can work well together as well. I think Randle is worth holding onto in the long run. Especially if we can't land Cousins.

I would think Clarkson's contract might be the most intimidating because I would think a team that is close to competing for a ship would like to have him but wouldn't be able to make room. He could for sure help a team like the Cavs, for example, but there's no way they could make room for him.
    Yeah, good point. I think the Clarkson contract ended up being another Jim Buss failure. Not anywhere as bad as Mozgov or Deng, ofc, but still a bad signing overall due to the number of years on it.

I would have preferred 3 years guaranteed and 4th year being team option for a backup rather than 4 years guaranteed. With 4th year being team option, we would be able to move him this summer instead of waiting until next summer.

How much worse could that 2016 summer get now that we look back on it?? Mozgov, Deng and Clarkson all signed. We were forced to dump a talent in D'Angelo Russell just to get the horrendous Mozgov deal out of the way. We also have to suck up the Deng deal for 2 more years until 2020 bc nobody wants that horrendous contract. We also had this Clarkson deal, a backup who is not part of the future vision of this team. Thanks a lot, Jim Buss you moron.

Latest rumor.... the Lakers were actually thinking about firing Walton and hiring David Fizdale after the season. https://sports.yahoo.com/report-lava...215721663.html
    I can only see that going down if the Lakers are trying to draw in LeBron because he is buddy-buddy with Fizdale. That's it. No other reason.

Also notice the source for that rumor is Brian Windhorst, the personal lapdog of LeBron. LeBron probably wanted that leaked so it would get back to Magic Johnson.

Ramona Shelburne tweeted the exact opposite days ago:
    Luke Walton's job status is "not even a conversation" according to a Lakers source.
    I would trust what Shelburne, a Lakers insider, has to say much more than anything coming out of Windhorst aka LeBron's camp.