Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The Brooklyn Brawler. BrooklynZoo's Avatar

Default Carmelo Anthony did everything Dantoni asked and isn't an iso player/ball stopper

The Brooklyn Brawler. BrooklynZoo's Avatar

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony did everything Dantoni asked and isn't an iso player/ball stopper

im not even a melo hater, just stating that he didnt fit in with what dantoni was trying to do but apparently he was a perfect fit

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony did everything Dantoni asked and isn't an iso player/ball stopper

It wasn't that he couldn't fit in, it's that he didn't want to. He's been playing the part of active saboteur ever since he realized it wasn't his show to run. I'd bet good money that he "suddenly" stops blowing layups.
    Last edited by Scoooter; 03-14-2012 at 04:27 PM.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

You got some splainin to do!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

So Melo didn't play point forward? Melo didn't take more 3's and play on the wing more? Melo didn't average the most assists in his career with D'Antoni? Melo didn't reduce his shots per game to the lowest level since his second year in the league?

All he did was hog the ball for 23 seconds and then shoot, right?

NBA rookie of the year

Melo didn't win games, plain and simple. He has no more excuses now.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    Melo didn't win games, plain and simple. He has no more excuses now.
    He did in Denver

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    He did in Denver
    He still is winning games for Denver...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNAixWYxcAs See?

Quote Originally Posted by Bano114
    He still is winning games for Denver...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNAixWYxcAs See?
    Im not even going to look. Lemme guess, its that lucky ass shot Gallo hit last night? You do realize that if ZaZa Pachulia could make a wide open layup, that game would be a loss for Denver.

NBA rookie of the year

He did in Denver
    I'm a Knicks fan, I don't care what he did in Denver.

NBA rookie of the year

Im not even going to look. Lemme guess, its that lucky ass shot Gallo hit last night? You do realize that if ZaZa Pachulia could make a wide open layup, that game would be a loss for Denver.
    It would have been a dunk had Gallo not contested it. He won that game for them twice.

Up until Gallo got hurt the Nuggets were a top 4 seeded team in the west. Once he went down they dropped out of the top 8 seeds. Since he's come back however, they've jumped back up to 6th.

Up until Melo got hurt we were a few games under .500 and playing terrible basketball. During Melo being out, Linsanity happened, and we climbed all the way back up to .500. Melo comes back and were back under .500 and currently in 9th in the east.

Now I know you might think I'm trying to make a case that Gallo is better. I'm not, because he's not better then Carmelo Anthony. What that actually tells us is just how terrible of a coach Mike D'Antoni was.

George Karl had Danilo Gallinari and his Nuggets playing winning basketball because everyone on that team buys in to Karl and what he's trying to do there. They're success is on Karl.

Mike D'Antoni had no clue what he was doing with this team. They didn't want his system and he didn't seem like he was open to suggestions. Our team was a mess and we lost.

The reason the Nuggets lost with Gallo out is because he was an important feature in Karl's system. The reason we won with Melo out is because the players who were playing, had bought in to the system with Lin involved and were playing well. Melo came back and wasn't with the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    It would have been a dunk had Gallo not contested it. He won that game for them twice.
    Lol you can't be serious. that was as non-athletic play I've seen since Artest missed that layup last year. No NBA player should have missed that layup and ZaZa had NO intention on dunking that ball.

BTW I do recall someone arguing me to the ground about how we should bring ZaZa Pachulia in last year.

The reason the Nuggets lost with Gallo out is because he was an important feature in Karl's system. The reason we won with Melo out is because the players who were playing, had bought in to the system with Lin involved and were playing well. Melo came back and wasn't with the system.
    NeNe was hurt too. Just saying. Look, I think ppl think i have something against Gallo. I definitely dont. He played his but off and gave it all he had. I dont knock him. I moreso have a problem with the fans that overrated him.

I also have a problem with once sided stats to prove points. The Nuggets record is better with Melo? Really? Well last time I checked they one 1 game in the playoffs without Melo and they went to the conference finals with him. I'm just saying, as with the whole "who's fault is it" argument...tell the whole story.

NBA rookie of the year

Lol you can't be serious. that was as non-athletic play I've seen since Artest missed that layup last year. No NBA player should have missed that layup and ZaZa had NO intention on dunking that ball.
    You're just hating. Zaza tried to bring the ball under Gallo for a layup instead of a straight away dunk or lay in. I'm not saying Zaza isn't shit or that Gallo is Dwight Howard. But if he hadn't stepped over, it would have been a much easier shot.

NeNe was hurt too. Just saying. Look, I think ppl think i have something against Gallo. I definitely dont. He played his but off and gave it all he had. I dont knock him. I moreso have a problem with the fans that overrated him.
    Come one man. You're franchize! At least own it.

I also have a problem with once sided stats to prove points. The Nuggets record is better with Melo? Really? Well last time I checked they one 1 game in the playoffs without Melo and they went to the conference finals with him. I'm just saying, as with the whole "who's fault is it" argument...tell the whole story.
    Actually Billups was the one leading that Conference Finals team. Billups is the Getting-to-the-Conference-Finals Master. With Melo their just first round fodder.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Knicks looking good tonight. More ISO for Melo. ISO all day.