Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Arcadia, CA

Default Re: Yahoo's take on MJ speech

Quote Originally Posted by BallersTalk
    How original mentioning Kobe in a Jordan thread. Do you think about any other player BUT Kobe?
    The reason Jordan gets away with things is cause he's Jordan. He earned everything from start to finish when nobody gave it to him easy. Kobe was a pampered prima donna that got everything he wanted from birth. You can't sympathize with Kobe cause he just looks like a spoiled brat.
    yeah kobe is a spoiled brat that didnt work for anything considering he has the best work ethic in the league today and is one of the greatest players of all time youre really smart

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

I actually liked his speech but I'm an ******* and a piece of **** so it's only natural.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Kareem was every bit as good as Jordan, he wasn't going off like that I'm sure.
    Bad comparison. Though I agree that skill-wise Kareem and MJ were the best to ever play the game, their personalities are completely different. Kareem has always been coolly aloof, while MJ wears his aggression on his sleeve.

That yahoo guy is a yahoo.. There's nothing in this speech that resembles what he was accusing MJ of. I don't see this as being petty at all, he's just explaining who motivated him throughout his career. Jordan has been nothing but a class act his whole career & he's merely telling it how it is. He is the Greatest basketball player EVER, so why can't he explain how he did it. Is that too much for some people to handle? I found it very interesting & entertaining.
    A comment I can agree with

once he jabbed krause it bacame the G.O.A.T. speach. and he did kinda upstage everybody that stood in front of him.

Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    once he jabbed krause it bacame the G.O.A.T. speach. and he did kinda upstage everybody that stood in front of him.

Jerry krause is full of ****. anyone defending him is lying to himself period.

Decent playground baller

seriously its alot better than MJ throwing "both teams played hard" BS our way.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyCorpse
    seriously its alot better than MJ throwing "both teams played hard" BS our way.
    Can't say I liked Mj's speech. In fact I think Stocktons and Coach Sloan's were far better and funnier than his. For a man with such majestic accomplishments I expected a far far better speech. The ending was good, liked that. The begining was good. But the middle and the meat of his speech was soo dissapointing, I almost turned off the TV set. I mean he prefacced his speech by saying there wasn't a lot that people didn't know about him and then lead wway into a 20 min talk about how he is more competitive than this guy and that guy. But it was boring and after the 2nd story I think we all got his point already but he had to tell 7 more of the same exact stories. I'd give it a 65/100. Stockton's was probably a 88/100. His part where he had to make a comment about every one of his kids was boring.

owwwww

[QUOTE]

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by dr8ked
    Jerry krause is full of ****. anyone defending him is lying to himself period.
    Jordan needed Krause to win a championship. If he had a GM that wasn't a complete jerk who ignored everything that Jordan wanted then Jordan never would have won. Remember, Jordan didn't want Pippen or Kukoc on his team. If he had a GM who listened to him, Jordan would have never been surrounded with the talent he had.

And Another One Killer_Instinct's Avatar

Not Jordan!

Learning to shoot layups iounas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Instinct
    Quote:
    That yahoo guy is a yahoo.. There's nothing in this speech that resembles what he was accusing MJ of. I don't see this as being petty at all, he's just explaining who motivated him throughout his career. Jordan has been nothing but a class act his whole career & he's merely telling it how it is. He is the Greatest basketball player EVER, so why can't he explain how he did it. Is that too much for some people to handle? I found it very interesting & entertaining.

A comment I can agree with
    Yeah pretty much... some people are over-analyzing everything he said..
    He was being humorous in some and reminiscing in other parts..
    And his extreme competitiveness is what got him to the top in the first place.

There is a quote: "Your gonna have to cut his heart out to beat him"

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    And I guess he got caught up in the moment and the fire began to burn once again as he started to recount his journey.
    That's kinda what I got too. Overall, I loved the speech. It had me rolling in laughter. I found some of the stories to be interesting. Just like he said, stuff we may not have known about him. That Bryon Russell story had me cracking up. That look on John Stockton's face was priceless.

Basically, he can say whatever the hell he wants. He's earned that right, being widely regarded as the GOAT. One thing I love about him is he never fails to give credit to others. I don't think I've ever heard him mention his championships without mentioning Scottie Pippen. He never takes full credit for any of their rings. Like he said, in all the videos, every championship he's won, we saw Scottie Pippen. I would have liked to see him give a bit more recognition to the rest of the guys(Rodman, Kukoc, Harper, etc.), but he got a bit caught up in the moment with the competitive side. They definitely saved the best for last.

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    I actually liked his speech but I'm an ******* and a piece of **** so it's only natural.
    This. Jordan is just being real. Why you guys like everything to be edited, proofread and delivered with a smile, I will have no idea. That's just jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    The Yahoo Sport guy got it right. I think a lot of people might lose respect for Jordan because of this.
    No they won't.