Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    National High School Star allball's Avatar

Default Video of J Mychal Reese-13 yr old phenom

http://www.sportsstarsoftomorrow.com...1212401&bhcp=1

check the part where he crosses the hell out of this kid. he was about 9 or 10 then I think.

Next Jordan...

looks like a really humble kid. hope he can deal with the fact that he might not end up being a superstar in high school, college or the NBA. at 5' 7" at 13 he likely won't grow to be Jordan's size.

National High School Star SsKSpurs21's Avatar

Default .

13 is still pretty young and he is already 5' 7''. this kid is probably barely hitting puberty, i bet when he gets to about 15-16 he will shoot up to 6 maybe 6'3''...could be an undersized 2 like steve francis or wade.

Quote Originally Posted by allball
    looks like a really humble kid. hope he can deal with the fact that he might not end up being a superstar in high school, college or the NBA. at 5' 7" at 13 he likely won't grow to be Jordan's size.
    The Jordan thing was a joke. It wasn't explicitly stated in the video piece, but it looks like we're trying to identify superstars at an earlier and earlier age.

At 5' 7" and 13, he's likely just hitting puberty... He does have another 8 or so years to grow... How tall was Jordan when he was 13?

This kid looks really talented for his age, for how young he is that's really good. I wouldn't be surprised to see this kid as a top 10 draft pick in the future or even in the top 5 if he continues to mature and get better. I expect him to be at least 6'0"-6'3" after he gets his growth spurt. This guy will probably be something special.

College superstar

I was taller than 5'7 when I was 13, I'm 5'11 now. Sucks

Default re

Video didnt really impress me. He looks pretty good, doesnt look like a "phenom" though.

If you're not impressed than show me a better 13 year old player, I bet you won't find one. He's on his way to becoming a solid player.

Default re

yeah, he is on his way to becoming a SOLID player. I agree.

Somebody get that kid an agent. Im 17, I play basketball, I think I can take him . .

Quote Originally Posted by heavensdevil
    Video didnt really impress me. He looks pretty good, doesnt look like a "phenom" though.
    The video is pretty subtle but for all the accolades heaped at this kid, he must be pretty good, especially this one:

"Reese excelled at the Nike five-star All-American camp at Florida State in June. He was picked for the 120-player NBA Division, whose previous youngest participant in its 41-year history was an incoming high school sophomore. The 10 teams in the NBA Division drafted players with the stipulation that the first player had to be at least 6-6, and the second player had to be under 6-2.

Reese was drafted 22nd."

That means even Lebron didn't get invited this young or anyone else really.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Style
    If you're not impressed than show me a better 13 year old player, I bet you won't find one. He's on his way to becoming a solid player.
    there was one 14 year old eighth grader who was playing in the the ABCD camp and hanging with oj mayo, dunked on him a couple times too. Dude reminded me of a 6'3 dwayne wade. Had a fully developed body at 14. Can't remember his name off the top of my head though.

J. Resse is better at this stage in his career than Jordan was.

[COLOR="White"][/sarcasm][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by WADE MONEY
    there was one 14 year old eighth grader who was playing in the the ABCD camp and hanging with oj mayo, dunked on him a couple times too. Dude reminded me of a 6'3 dwayne wade. Had a fully developed body at 14. Can't remember his name off the top of my head though.
    That's impressive, but it only serves to make me think less of OJ Mayo... I don't care who you are, you can't let some 14 year old dunk on you...