Thread: Kobe

Default Re: Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by winwin
    gino's brothers .. they don't give up .. they just don't

....3 Brothers sharin 1 laptop.....

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    Jordan?....when did I say Kobe was #1?..I said Top 5.....

Kobe over Bird?...Yes....

Kobe over Wilt?..Yes

Kobe over Russell?...Yes

Kobe over Magic?...= IMO......but many have Kobe as >

what's Funny is you talkin bout West.....

next
    Neither of these... Kobe can possibly surpass bird when its done but all of those others have better credentials then he does... russell 11 rings and beast stats/accolades, Magic 5 rings with better accolades, bird 3 rings 3 mvps, Wilt? an absolute monster who put up eye popping numbers won a couple rings and mvps but his peak yrs are so amazing that they put him above kobe and Jordan I dont need to mention

Next

Quote Originally Posted by Boston C's
    Who the hell is gino... whats wrong wiht saying kobe is the 11th best player of all time?!?!?! you ppl are insane its not like i said he'll never crack the top 10 when its all said and done all i said is right now kobe in my opinion is not top 10 greatest of all time and you ppl act like its blasphemy to say so The highest Kobe can finish I believe when its all said and done is 6th because He isn't going to get over Jordan, Magic, Kareem, Wilt, or Russell but nope all you kobe ******gers stay dreaming that hes the GOAT when it couldnt be further from the truth... next time when someone says an opinion try not to have a bitch fit about it especially when your arguing about a guy who doesnt give a shit about any of your lives and probably would laugh at the fact that you all worship the ground he walks on an opinion is just what it is AN OPINION take it or leave it you can have your own but dont bash ppl for it because youll only look like an idiot

Local High School Star

Btw Alphawolf24 in no way shape or form do I agree with these rankings at all but I find it hilarious that you say most ppl put Kobe in the top 5

http://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/ratings.cgi

O yea the whole world believes kobe is top 5

Keep Dreaming

Local High School Star

What a clever response

easiest argument I have won in my life

Neither of these... Kobe can possibly surpass bird when its done but all of those others have better credentials then he does... russell 11 rings and beast stats/accolades, Magic 5 rings with better accolades, bird 3 rings 3 mvps, Wilt? an absolute monster who put up eye popping numbers won a couple rings and mvps but his peak yrs are so amazing that they put him above kobe and Jordan I dont need to mention

Next

YAY..this is Fun!

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by The-Legend-24
    When oscar robertson is in anybody's top 10 and put him over shaq and duncan, they lose all credibility.
    This list is completely garbage... I was just making a point to alphawolf that not everyone has kobe in their top 5 because he suggested that 99 percent of the basketball community has kobe in their top 5 when thats not the case

This list is completely garbage... I was just making a point to alphawolf that not everyone has kobe in their top 5 because he suggested that 99 percent of the basketball community has kobe in their top 5 when thats not the case
    Well I think he meant that a good percentage of the basketball community has Kobe in their top 5. All this top player list stuff is strictly opinion and differs amongst the person asked. I mean yeah sure you have the people who usually always make the top 10 (Jordan, Bird, Magic, Wilt, Russell, etc. etc.) albeit some difference in opinion of exact ranking, but out of any modern player, Kobe has been the only one to really crack people's top besides Shaq and Duncan.

I say Kobe ends his career easily in the top 5 (which he's already ranked in some quarters) amongst the top 3 (yeah I went there).

Banned

Could someone post a summary of the Gino brother thing? I recall reading the thread where the bulk of the story was outlined but I can't find it. All I remember is he tried to claim he and his brothers all share the same username.

Btw Alphawolf24 in no way shape or form do I agree with these rankings at all but I find it hilarious that you say most ppl put Kobe in the top 5

http://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/ratings.cgi

O yea the whole world believes kobe is top 5

Keep Dreaming

Read what I wrote....a small % of hardcore online fans....

most fans used their common sense, which is why Kobe won in a landslide.

There's only one guy on that list who started the decade as one of the best in the game. He was already an all star. He was already a champion.

And guess what??

That same guy ended the decade as arguably THE best right now. One of the greatest to ever play. He's STILL an all star. He still moves more jerseys than any other NBA'r in the world. And what do you know....He ended the decade a champion. Where's the drop off??

Whether it's back to back 40 point games in the 2001 playoffs, 9 straight 40+ points in 2003, 62 in 3 quarters in 2005, 81 points in 2006, 4 consecutive 50+ in 2007, back to back finals appearances in 2008-2009 winning in all in the latter, getting a League MVP and a Finals MVP, the wall-to-wall First ALL NBA, First Team Defenses.....

Kobe has branded this decade from the beginning to the end.

TNT with millions of viewers> some random online reference site with 2,000 views ranking Kobe 32nd...

Landslide.......son!

(yawns) next
    Last edited by AlphaWolf24; 08-13-2011 at 01:29 AM.

Stop denying Kobe the top 10 , hes already inside that group a long time ago...

Let it go...

Local High School Star

Read what I wrote....a small % of hardcore online fans....

most fans used their common sense, which is why Kobe won in a landslide.

There's only one guy on that list who started the decade as one of the best in the game. He was already an all star. He was already a champion.

And guess what??

That same guy ended the decade as arguably THE best right now. One of the greatest to ever play. He's STILL an all star. He still moves more jerseys than any other NBA'r in the world. And what do you know....He ended the decade a champion. Where's the drop off??

Whether it's back to back 40 point games in the 2001 playoffs, 9 straight 40+ points in 2003, 62 in 3 quarters in 2005, 81 points in 2006, 4 consecutive 50+ in 2007, back to back finals appearances in 2008-2009 winning in all in the latter, getting a League MVP and a Finals MVP, the wall-to-wall First ALL NBA, First Team Defenses.....

Kobe has branded this decade from the beginning to the end.

TNT with millions of viewers> some random online reference sit with 2,000 views ranking Kobe 32nd...

Landslide.......son!

(yawns) next
    Player of the Decade... fantastic how does that warrant him to being a top 5 player right now?!?! Here I'm thinking you said these viewers voted kobe in the top 5 of all time range... kobe is tremendous yes but is it really wrong to have an opinion to say that I believe hes the 11th best player of all time right now and could probably finish 6th when its all said and done? Apparently to hardcore kobe fans such as yourself thats blasphemy

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    Stop denying Kobe the top 10 , hes already inside that group a long time ago...

Let it go...
    I'm not denying him anything I have no problem with people saying hes a top ten player right now all I'm stating is my opinion... you ppl need to let it go and stop trying to convince every human being in the world that kobe is God

I'm not denying him anything I have no problem with people saying hes a top ten player right now all I'm stating is my opinion... you ppl need to let it go and stop trying to convince every human being in the world that kobe is God
    You're right. Kobe is not God...he's God's father.

Kobes no god, there are no gods in the top 10. Only humans. And one of them happens to suffer from extreme swagness, work ethic and accomplishments. Yep, the black Mamba.