NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default The moment that made it impossible for me to ever like Kobe:

The lakers win 3 championships in a row 2000-2002, next year...Kobe is 24 and they lose to the spurs in whatever round (I forget, I think 2nd?)...he's ****ing on the bench crying like a little girl...really? There have been legends that have come through the league that put just as much effort and passion as kobe...but they weren't little girls. Whatever you think of Karl Malone as a human being...the guy was the epitome of worth ethic...he wasn't on the ****ing bench crying his eyes out when they didn't beat the bulls in 97 and 98...but here is kobe...at 24 crying like a little c@nt on the bench because they lost the series to the spurs...AFTER THREE PEATING...something that has only been done by 2 franchises... I guess that's what happens when you are born entitled. Kobe...always tries to act like he's man of the people while he has always been a rich spoiled little shit.

Default Re: The moment that made it impossible for me to ever like Kobe:

Quote Originally Posted by iTare
    He wanted to 4peat. Something Jordan never did. That's all there is to that.
    Perhaps this. He failed and they got massacred on home soil in the elimination game 6. The Lakers' run had just been ended; I don't think anyone can begrudge them feeling disappointed and crying. I don't they would have thought that they'd be stuck with 3 titles. It's remarkable how much they declined from 2002 to 2003, and then from 2004 to that embarrassment of a Lakers "team" in 04 when everybody seemed to be at odds.

2004 NBA Finals

Just a selfish performance from one of the best players of all time. Kobe wanted to win the Finals MVP over Shaq, but he failed.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Three franchises have three-peated.

I've developed a begrudging respect for Kobe over the years. His intensity, work eithic, devotion to the game, and understanding of the minutia of the game are second to none. Plus he tore his Achilles, and I like anyone who's ever come back from a torn Achilles. But I'm still not fond of his approach to the game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    Three franchises have three-peated.

I've developed a begrudging respect for Kobe over the years. His intensity, work eithic, devotion to the game, and understanding of the minutia of the game are second to none. Plus he tore his Achilles, and I like anyone who's ever come back from a torn Achilles. But I'm still not fond of his approach to the game.
    And that erases everything positive you had to say about him.

His selfish desire to put himself above the team has acted like a domino effect on the Lakers franchise.

Kobe is cancer. And he went undiagnosed for almost two decades... now we're finally starting to see the damage he's caused to a once great franchise. Who knows if its reversible. They're no longer the LA team people wanna play for. That's all on Kobe.

Burn it to the ground.

We gonna begrudge a guy for crying over disappointment at the highest level of his chosen sport?

That's harsh

Putting on a Lakers jersey sealed it for me. He officially can not be appreciated or respected by me until after he retires. Celtics fans have rules and every Lakers fan understands this. It's just the way we fan bases do business.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    The lakers win 3 championships in a row 2000-2002, next year...Kobe is 24 and they lose to the spurs in whatever round (I forget, I think 2nd?)...he's ****ing on the bench crying like a little girl...really? There have been legends that have come through the league that put just as much effort and passion as kobe...but they weren't little girls. Whatever you think of Karl Malone as a human being...the guy was the epitome of worth ethic...he wasn't on the ****ing bench crying his eyes out when they didn't beat the bulls in 97 and 98...but here is kobe...at 24 crying like a little c@nt on the bench because they lost the series to the spurs...AFTER THREE PEATING...something that has only been done by 2 franchises... I guess that's what happens when you are born entitled. Kobe...always tries to act like he's man of the people while he has always been a rich spoiled little shit.
    what the **** does work ethic have to do with crying?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaspah
    As a dude, there are appropriate times to cry and not appropriate times to cry.

Losing a ball game is not one of them. One could argue based off your work ethics, this would dictate where or not you're a bitch crying over a basketball game as opposed to taking it on the chin and walking out with your head held high.
    I thought this was one of the male sanctioned time when it was OK to crime and depending on the athlete people would be portray as wanting to win so bad. But since it's Kobe he's a bitch with no work ethic?

Bill Russell used to vomit before playoff games. Anyone want to say he was a bitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117

Quote Originally Posted by West-Side
    Thats why it says "for me"

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Putting on a Lakers jersey sealed it for me. He officially can not be appreciated or respected by me until after he retires. Celtics fans have rules and every Lakers fan understands this. It's just the way we fan bases do business.