Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Am I the only Lakers fan happy that Pow Pau wasn't traded for Bynum?

Inconsistent as he may be these past 2 seasons, the dude deserves more respect than what other fans are giving him.
    We wouldn't have title #15 & 16 without Pau Gasol.
    Show the man some respect, folks. He deserves retiring as a Laker. He's always made it known he WANTS to be a Laker!

Anyone else agree?

Watch him get traded soon. I probably cursed Pau.

Default Re: Am I the only Lakers fan happy that Pow Pau wasn't traded for Bynum?

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    Anyone else agree?
    Nope.

Default Re: Am I the only Lakers fan happy that Pow Pau wasn't traded for Bynum?

Im happy if he stays, always a big Pau fan except when he plays like Paulina Hopefully he doesnt demand mega $$ though...

Really need to get rid of Nash though.

Im hoping for next season, no Nash or Dantoni... Healthy Kobe, Pau, new coach, maybe Melo or another decent FA??? and a top pick

Serious playground baller

I'm a Spurs fan and even I think that trade was bad for the Lakers.

Gasol may be having a down year but he still has gas in the tank and he can be clutch.

Bynum has proven he's good at milking teams for $$$$.

If you want some real intrigue ... does Tony Parker go to the Lakers once Duncan's contract is up?

My gut says ... yes.

Quote Originally Posted by davehos
    I'm a Spurs fan and even I think that trade was bad for the Lakers.

Gasol may be having a down year but he still has gas in the tank and he can be clutch.

Bynum has proven he's good at milking teams for $$$$.

If you want some real intrigue ... does Tony Parker go to the Lakers once Duncan's contract is up?

My gut says ... yes.
    If Bynum was traded back to the Lakers hed get waived to save money.

I wanted the cap relief.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

I can see absolutely no way Pau retires as a Laker, unless he decides to not play anymore after he doesn't get signed by them this offseason.

Banned

Of course, once Pau was traded and Bynum waived, there would be no more scapegoats.

Scal
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

If I were the Lakers I wouldn't have done it. They may as well ride out the season with Pau unless they can get something decent out of the him like some future picks. At any rate, Pau's contract is up at season's end and LAL can just let them walk to clear cap space (not like Lakers need to worry about not being able to attract top-tier talent like small market teams).

Dunking on everybody in the park

Of course not, real Laker fans don't want Pau gone for what the Cavs were offering. It's not like they were offering an unprotected first round pick. I'd rather have Pau around for the rest of the year, he makes Laker games that much more watchable.

Pau for Bynum would have been purely a salary cutting move, and as a Lakers fan I'll never be down with that. You're the premier franchise in the NBA, if you can't afford to pay a bit extra then you shouldn't be owning an iconic franchise like the Lakers, 100% there's a line of billionaires waiting to take over the team and spend whatever it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by clutchinho
    Of course not, real Laker fans don't want Pau gone for what the Cavs were offering. It's not like they were offering an unprotected first round pick. I'd rather have Pau around for the rest of the year, he makes Laker games that much more watchable.

Pau for Bynum would have been purely a salary cutting move, and as a Lakers fan I'll never be down with that. You're the premier franchise in the NBA, if you can't afford to pay a bit extra then you shouldn't be owning an iconic franchise like the Lakers, 100% there's a line of billionaires waiting to take over the team and spend whatever it takes.
    Cavs deal was terrible, but Pau is hard to watch. He has become too much of a liability IMO.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    Cavs deal was terrible, but Pau is hard to watch. He has become too much of a liability IMO.
    Only defensively, offensively a washed up Pau is still better than anybody on that roster except Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by clutchinho
    Only defensively, offensively a washed up Pau is still better than anybody on that roster except Kobe
    His defense is non-existent and painful to watch. Id rather see J Hill starting.

NBA Superstar

its incredible some laker fans still like Pau at this point. i swear last few years there was always this hope Pau was just in a bad situation and how he still had it but slowly laker fans realized his softness wasn't going to go away and his whole game is predicated on his short J being on or off from game to game. its been like 3~ years of the benefit of the doubt and 3 years of disappointment....what makes it worse is Pau is constantly blaming everything but himself.

lakers really should get rid of him for a pick or something. some playoff contending team is bound to want Pau if they have a expiring scrub big contract to give up.

i miss championship pau, and don't really want to see him leave the lakers. he must think being the scapegoat is a reason to pay him max, lol.