Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: How come bron doesnt get any shit for losing in the ECF's w/ a 66 win team?

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I want to ay it was the Magic year, because I remember the last year in 2010 the Lakers fans were throwing foam fingers onto the floor because they were so upset the Casv were beating their ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipfzvlgMcNE
    Lakers got hosed with shitty calls that game. I actually remember watching that and turning it off because the reffing was so bad.

Default Re: How come bron doesnt get any shit for losing in the ECF's w/ a 66 win team?

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Lakers got hosed with shitty calls that game. I actually remember watching that and turning it off because the reffing was so bad.
    I don't remember the calls, but I'm sure it was mostly because of that. Even if you watch that clip during all the bullshit and talking going on the Lakers got hit with a second delay of game after Odom got ejected because the Lakers didn't put someone on the floor fast enough to take his spot.

I want to ay it was the Magic year, because I remember the last year in 2010 the Lakers fans were throwing foam fingers onto the floor because they were so upset the Casv were beating their ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipfzvlgMcNE
    Yeah I think it was the Magic year, I remember Lebron having something like a 5-20 game against them and him looking hopeless against them because they had Ariza on him man to man and Gasol + Bynum behind him. He couldn't do anything on that lineup.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Honestly, his stans are so happy he lost against the Magic. He would have got REKT by Kobe's Lakers in the finals

So in actuality, they are thankful his 66 win team lost to the mighty Dwight Howard

so true bro .. .. lot of embarrassment saved for bran fam there.

Lakers had some of the best rim protection in the game.. and we all know how Bran responds to that in the Finals lol..

also had one of the best lockdown defenders in the game playing at peak of his career in Trevor Ariza .. combine that with hungry Kobe down to go god mode ..

LA in 6 or less ..

Zydrunas Ilgauskas/Shaquille O'Neal
    Antawn Jamison/Anderson Varejao
    Jamario Moon/Leon Powe
    Delonte West/Anthony Parker
    Mo Williams/Daniel Gibson

That's the Cavs starting 5 that year if LeBron wasn't on that team. His supporting cast to say the least wasn't that great. Big Z was old and way past his prime, as well as Shaq and Jamison. Leon Powe was not close to the player he was in Boston for the Celtics. The best player on the team behind LeBron was Mo Williams would fizzled in the playoffs every year he was here.
    This right there is why you don't blame Lebron. To take that team and win 66 games? Unbelievable. Only a Prime Shaquille O'Neal could lead this team to 60 + wins. They also swept the playoffs to that point and ran into a hot Orlando team.

Cause everyone is used to see him choke

Zydrunas Ilgauskas/Shaquille O'Neal
    Antawn Jamison/Anderson Varejao
    Jamario Moon/Leon Powe
    Delonte West/Anthony Parker
    Mo Williams/Daniel Gibson

That's the Cavs starting 5 that year if LeBron wasn't on that team. His supporting cast to say the least wasn't that great. Big Z was old and way past his prime, as well as Shaq and Jamison. Leon Powe was not close to the player he was in Boston for the Celtics. The best player on the team behind LeBron was Mo Williams would fizzled in the playoffs every year he was here.
    Shaq wasn't on the team that year.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    I remember the Lakers embarrassing the Cavs twice with Lebron putting up stinkers. I don't know if it was the Magic year or Celtics year, but it was one of those. The rest of the years, Lebron had superior defensive teams but for those 2 years, Kobe would have styled all in Lebron's face to win the chip Be thankful. You have regular season wins superiority
    It was '09... yet in '10 it was the other way around and you probably believe LAL still would have won that year.

Lol at the superior defense argument... like you really know.

Kobe would have styled all in his face.... while getting outplayed? Are you really saying Kobe would have outplayed LeBron in that finals series?

You fckn lost it

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    Because he played his ass off.
    to put it in the simplest terms.. that normally should be enough to /thread

Local High School Star Megabox!'s Avatar

So now Kobe stans want to argue that losing in the finals(while being up 3-1, with 2 games at home) is somehow better than losing in the ECF? Lebron has seriously mind-f*cked these losers. face the facts! LBJ > Kobe, the sooner you realize this the less dumbass threads you'll have to make.

Orlando was the #1 defense in the league and Lebron averaged 38.5/8.3/8.0 on 48.7 %FG/59.1 %TS against them. Through the first five games, he was in straight up god mode.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    66 wins. Check.

Lost in the ECF's. Check.

this feat, from the above logic is worse than the 73 win warriors losing in the Finals
    ( advancing a whole round further > having 7 more wins )

Weren't you one of the biggest advocates of losing in the first round >>> losing in the Finals? I see your agenda changed once it was the Warriors that lost in the Finals Tpols is the same guy that said "KD is just what GS needs". But will b.itch a storm about LeBron having too much help if they sign an over-the-hill vet.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Winning 66 games with that cast is a championship in itself. That was a 25-win team without LeBron.

Not winning the championship with UMVP + 2 All NBA teamers + COY + arguably best bench in basketball, all while having a record breaking 73-win season is a million times worse than any other 'disappointment' in NBA history.

Plenty of teams have won 60+ games and failed to win the championship or even make it to the Finals. GS is alone in their accomplishment on the other hand and will never be forgotten because of that. Who even remembers or cares about the '09 Cavs besides desperate, utterly-defeated Kobe fans hell bent on making one stupid post after another?
    Last edited by Indian guy; 07-13-2016 at 12:56 PM.

He's an easy target. If someone wants to get a point across -- just throw LeBron's name in there. You could be watching cartoons with your kids and you don't like it, you say, 'Blame it on LeBron.' If you go to the grocery store and they don't have the milk that you like, you just say, 'It's LeBron's fault.'

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Isn't OP one of those idiots who use finals record for everything? By his logic, ECF losses shouldn't matter