Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: GS Losing This Finals Would Be One Of Biggest Upsets Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    okayyyy, explain y'all.. what is it that these guys are missing, which awesome insight of inside-hoops posters like gts are they not aware of?
    If you want to go down the path of ESPN predictions, then you're in for a bad time. See: Orlando 09, Celtics 10, Mavs 11

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    If you want to go down the path of ESPN predictions, then you're in for a bad time. See: Orlando 09, Celtics 10, Mavs 11
    those teams were too reliant on a single player, those teams tend to run out of it in the playoffs, with cut rotations, more defensive attention.. but yea, valid point. I do think there are clear differences between those Cavs teams and this Warrior one.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    That's 3 series with wrong predictions out of like more than 40 series. How is that supposed to be bad?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Just because media members are picking GSW doesn't mean they should be favoured.

I'm not as sold on GSW as everybody else seems to be. Then again, maybe I'm just biased. I wouldn't mind LeBron winning another title, but I don't want Cleveland to win. Maybe I'm just a pessimist and I expect the thing I don't want to happen to happen.

I don't really have that much faith in the Warriors to get the job done.

No, they should be favored because they were the clear cut best team in the league all year and have the best home court advantage in the league...and are playing a Cavs team without it's 3rd best player and it's 2nd best player likely not 100%.

This wouldn't be the biggest upset in NBA history or anything, but it would be a pretty big upset.

Cavs are +12.5 per 48 when LeBron is on the pine. Most stacked team ever. If they lose, LeBron drops out of top 50.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    No, they should be favored because they were the clear cut best team in the league all year and have the best home court advantage in the league...and are playing a Cavs team without it's 3rd best player and it's 2nd best player likely not 100%.

This wouldn't be the biggest upset in NBA history or anything, but it would be a pretty big upset.
    no it wouldn't... that just the OP trying to make something out of thin air

lebron winning another ring should never be considered an upset or surprise win. to bad his fans feel they need to downplay his skills by labeling his wins as upsets

Local High School Star

A player who is proclaimed to be " the best in the world" has no excuses, NONE! bran stans desperate to give him all the credit for everything when things go right and blame everyone else when things go wrong, just like LEspn. How the hell can the best player in the league be an underdog pathetic d!ckriding stans

Made that high school varsity squad BBallZen83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Cavs are +12.5 per 48 when LeBron is on the pine. Most stacked team ever. If they lose, LeBron drops out of top 50.
    Mind coming back with a non-troll post? Seriously, what do you think about the Warriors being heavily favored? They are one of the best teams in recent memory.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    no it wouldn't... that just the OP trying to make something out of thin air

lebron winning another ring should never be considered an upset or surprise win. to bad his fans feel they need to downplay his skills by labeling his wins as upsets
    Who is downplaying his skills? He took Knicks cast-offs, a former draft bust, and an undrafted PG to the Finals. No one else in NBA history could take that team the way he has to the Finals

Made that high school varsity squad BBallZen83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy77x
    A player who is proclaimed to be " the best in the world" has no excuses, NONE! bran stans desperate to give him all the credit for everything when things go right and blame everyone else when things go wrong, just like LEspn. How the hell can the best player in the league be an underdog pathetic d!ckriding stans
    Dude, come on... Seriously. Team sport.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Who is downplaying his skills? He took Knicks cast-offs, a former draft bust, and an undrafted PG to the Finals. No one else in NBA history could take that team the way he has to the Finals
    but now you're saying he can't win it or if he did it's the greatest upset in NBA history

at least try and be consistent

the way silkk is putting it is that Cavs have 0 chance of winning, no matter what lebron and co does. So if the Warriors manage to lose, it'll be more of a choke on their part than lebron playing out of his mind.

Very good NBA starter

If Cleveland wins the finals, Lebron makes the top 7 all time. I feel alot of people have him in their 12-17 range.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    You can try and convince yourself that all you want. When LeBron wins the title with players that couldn't cut in on the Knicks, an undrafted PG, hobbled Irving, no Love, and PF that people were calling a bust until a few months ago....well there is going to be a meltdown. There is no way to sugarcoat a GS lost. NONE. You can point to Finals inexperience. I can point to a Cavs team missing its #3 option, 2nd option is crippled, and a bunch role players Cleveland got from s.hitty teams.
    Irving is the best player on the team, Lebron is the sidekick.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    but now you're saying he can't win it or if he did it's the greatest upset in NBA history

at least try and be consistent
    Let me ask you something, are you mentally r.etarded? Because I literally said in my first post that Cleveland is going to win 5 games. Doesn't change the fact that the national media has them as HUGE UNDERDOGS, and GS has BY FAR a way more talented team.