Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Michael Jordan of ISH

Default Re: Lebron and the All-Time Scoring Record

If LeBron averages 36 mpg until the end of his career, under Pauk's prediction he will end up having played 58000~ regular season minutes

There have been 4 players in history to play more than 47800 minutes in their career.

Kareem-57,466
    Malone-54,852
    Elvin Hayes-50,000
    Wilt-47,859

But yes, a perimeter player with an unreliable jumpshot that relies upon his athleticism is going to break the all time minutes played record

He will be up there I'm sure but I am going out on a limb and saying KAJ will never be beaten. Look at the people at the top, KAJ, Malone and Jordan all played well until retirement. If Jordan had not wasted what 3-4 seasons? He would had broken it. LeBron starting young has an advantage but you also have to add wear and tear in the actual league. I'm not saying wear and tear in other leagues in the world, I am talking NBA. Look at T-Mac and Arvydas Sabonus as examples both ways. T-Mac was a superstar until his 30's. Sabonus came into the NBA in his 30's and while he was not the superstar he was in Europe, he was a great player in the NBA for many years.

Don't know yet, he came in the league at a tender age of 18, that's how he is able to break so many youngest records. But in terms of scoring, he is not a pure scorer, and most of the guys I know were averaging over 30 PPG at his age. He's still hovering around 26-27, and even at 26 years old, his athleticism is already showing signs of fade. I think LeBron will wear out eventually, he'll probably hit 30,000 points, maybe, if he adapts.

Durant is on a better pace to break the record, and is more of a scorer type of player, but it's too early to say for either of them. I don't think any current active players are breaking Kareem's record though.

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Lebron and the All-Time Scoring Record

Quote Originally Posted by 28renyoy
    Pauk is the worst poster on this site
    Pauk = gengiskhan

Even if he averages 25 PPG for the next 8 years, he's only at 33-34K. He would be just above MJ, about 3K behind Malone, and about 5K behind Kareem. LeBron isn't a post player that doesn't utilize his athleticism. He's a streaker shooter so unless that changes or he becomes a Karl Malone-esque player, he's not breaking it. If he doesn't get hurt, he'll hit 30K with little to no difficulty. He would have to play a minimum of 10 more years to even have the slightest chance of breaking KAJ's record.

Local High School Star

Congratulations Lebron on another hypothetical achievement.

Lebron has an EXCELLENT shot to do it. Him coming right outta HS and averaging 20 points out the gate gives him the upper hand on most guys. Lebron I think can become the first guy to get 20,000 points and 10,000 assists in his career. Magic shoulda been the first guy to do it, but he had to retire premature. 20,000 points and 10,000 dimes is a SICK FEAT in itself. And he's arguably the greatest passer ever in terms on non PG's. But Lebron I feel is gonna smash that of course and get at least 30,000 points along with 10,000 assists. Which is insane production. That would be like getting 700 Home runs and 3,000 hits in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    Lebron has an EXCELLENT shot to do it. Him coming right outta HS and averaging 20 points out the gate gives him the upper hand on most guys. Lebron I think can become the first guy to get 20,000 points and 10,000 assists in his career. Magic shoulda been the first guy to do it, but he had to retire premature. 20,000 points and 10,000 dimes is a SICK FEAT in itself. And he's arguably the greatest passer ever in terms on non PG's. But Lebron I feel is gonna smash that of course and get at least 30,000 points along with 10,000 assists. Which is insane production. That would be like getting 700 Home runs and 3,000 hits in baseball.
    Let's not forget that he could get 10k boards as well. Theoretically he could get 25+/10/10. He would be the first player in history to get in the 10's in all three major categories.

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    Let's not forget that he could get 10k boards as well. Theoretically he could get 25+/10/10. He would be the first player in history to get in the 10's in all three major categories.
    Yes indeed! Those numbers are so insane and speak to the all around brilliance of a player. Magic by all rights should have been the guy to get those type of numbers. He retired initially at 32 years old and still in his prime. At the time he retired with over 17,000 points, almost 10,000 assists, and over 6,000 rebounds. But Bron is on a collision course with those big time numbers. If Lebron can pull this off, it will REALLY but him in a one of a kind category statistically. It would be a hell of a feat to get say 30,000 points, 10,000 assists, and 10,000 rebounds.

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    Yes indeed! Those numbers are so insane and speak to the all around brilliance of a player. Magic by all rights should have been the guy to get those type of numbers. He retired initially at 32 years old and still in his prime. At the time he retired with over 17,000 points, almost 10,000 assists, and over 6,000 rebounds. But Bron is on a collision course with those big time numbers. If Lebron can pull this off, it will REALLY but him in a one of a kind category statistically. It would be a hell of a feat to get say 30,000 points, 10,000 assists, and 10,000 rebounds.
    How sad it is then that he doesn't even have one championship and has provided no reason for us to have confidence that he ever will.

Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hkfosho
    LOL x2
    Durant is 22 what is so funny bout what he said?

I rule the local playground Ronaldinho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knightfall88
    Congratulations Lebron on another hypothetical achievement.
    hahaha, this.GOAT on hypothetical achievements.