Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Decent playground baller Chris99's Avatar

Default Re: Rockstar Confirms The Next GTA Will Be Chicago Based.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Eh, for me, GTA is growing stale much like Call of Duty did. There isn't enough that changes for me game to game to have me come back. I'd be more excited if they released another Red Dead.
    Red Dead Redemption > GTA V

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

The other thing about GTA is that I think it was better when they tied it to a time period too. But the mechanics of it would be really tricky without the cellphone that they've tied so much shit too. The era just gives them more to lampoon. And the music and jokes are more time tested and iconic.

Problem is they've already done the 80s and 90s in the original Vice City and San Andreas. And once the cell phone era cracks open after 2000 there hasn't been a ton defined to separate the eras yet.

Something in the 70s could work. But if you get too early into the 60s you start to have issues with the cars.

GTA San Francisco circa late 60s early 70s could totally work.

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

GTA San Andreas with the new graphics and a new story would be awesome. Those 3 cities in one game were revolutionary at the time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    The other thing about GTA is that I think it was better when they tied it to a time period too. But the mechanics of it would be really tricky without the cellphone that they've tied so much shit too. The era just gives them more to lampoon. And the music and jokes are more time tested and iconic.

Problem is they've already done the 80s and 90s in the original Vice City and San Andreas. And once the cell phone era cracks open after 2000 there hasn't been a ton defined to separate the eras yet.

Something in the 70s could work. But if you get too early into the 60s you start to have issues with the cars.

Payphones. Like many movies of the past where the hero has to wait by the pay phone.

College superstar

I'm calling BS on this. No way Rockstar have another GTA lined up for 2016.

Like others have said I'd also prefer Red Dead 2. I thought the story completely dicked all over GTA V's narrative. Apart from some hilarious dialogue it didn't engross me all that much. GTA IV's story was considerably better actually.

Still I'd take anything Rockstar release at the moment. I can't think of a more underwhelming year for video games than 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous

Yeah, GTA V could have picked a tone for the current era but instead they opted to touch on a bunch of things instead of a unified theme. I guess it's difficult to pick an overarching tone when you are living it in the present. Eras only really get their slant in hindsight once people have had time to digest the time period and Hollywood has essentially built the theme in through a series of period piece films.

Banned

I still have yet to complete Red Dead. I love riding the horses the odd times I do play it though. Will try and complete it as soon as I get all my other games complete.

For the next GTA, they need to go back to Vice City (Miami). If they don't, a lot of fans will be pissed, as Liberty City and Los Santos got a HD version. Other than Vice City, Las Venturas (Las Vegas) with desert-land and GTA version of Grand Canyon would be awesome, or another retro game in San Fierro (San Francisco) during the 1970s.

I dont need this game. I live it.

That site is complete bullshit. They also have an article that says Chipotle is closing down for serving dogs and cats to people.

Sunshine State

We're not gonna hear any GTA news for years, considering Heists are coming out next year...

We're like at least 5 or 6 years away from the next GTA.

They'll make a new Red Dead before a new GTA, which is good.

Quote Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
    GTA San Andreas with the new graphics and a new story would be awesome. Those 3 cities in one game were revolutionary at the time.
    Umm...there's this game called GTA V.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    GTAV is great, but the map only has 1 city, not 3 like GTA: SA had.

Yeah they made Los Santos a lot bigger than in San Andreas, but it was cooler having 3 unique cities in one GTA game.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by embersyc
    GTAV is great, but the map only has 1 city, not 3 like GTA: SA had.

Yeah they made Los Santos a lot bigger than in San Andreas, but it was cooler having 3 unique cities in one GTA game.
    Some truth there. Also, it was actually a little anti-climatic to have the entire world open to me from the start in GTA V. In previous Rockstar games, there was something awesome about unveiling new areas as the game progressed. Arriving in Blackwater in RDR was one of my favorite video game moments of all-time.

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Not sure if serious.

GTA 5 map is shit compared to the San Andreas one. Imagine GTA 5 with San Fierro and Las Venturas out there to be explored. When I saw that they are announcing a new map for GTA 5 thats "bigger than all those maps from previous GTA games put together" I was expecting at least smt similiar to GTA San Andreas but even bigger.

I cant describe my disappointment when I started my GTA 5 and saw thats just a town like Los Santos and the rest of it is just countryside with couple of houses in some parts of it.