Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Sony Hackers threatening 9/11 attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    Why do people think North Korea is behind this? It's probably just some American kids having fun.
    The point of entry was in Thailand. It was a sophisticated attack. If it was some american kids in the US, I'm sure he would of already been caught by now with the amount of internet surveillances we have.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    How is this cowardice? It would be a PR disaster for Sony if they forced the theaters to show it and there really was a massacre. Why play with fire when it has already burnt you once? The first threat was real. The second threat is still unknown. Sony is taking the smart route and being overly cautious. The damage would be more disastrous than what the movie is capable of pulling in. It's all business. There's nothing dumb about it.
    who the fukk would carry out that massacre, NK hates america even before this movie right ?, why not just do it at any random movie showing then...........no, i am sorry rambo, only massacre to take place is the next school shooting

U.S looking like major b1tches right now and paving the way for future a$$ rapings from terrorists

Quote Originally Posted by Rondooooooooooo
    lol wat? I didnt plan on seeing this movie anyways, so technically the north korean bastards didnt take shit from me.
    That's not even the point...at all. So if anonymous white supremacists threaten to blow up theaters showing 12 Years a Slave, we should cave in to their demands? Should we ask Al-Qaeda for permission from now on what films to make?

It sets a really bad precedent.

Banned

If the Aurora theater shooter had threatened to attack before-hand; would that have been reason enough to compromise our ideals and pull The Dark Knight Rises?

Quote Originally Posted by VIP2000
    That's not even the point...at all. So if anonymous white supremacists threaten to blow up theaters showing 12 Years a Slave, we should cave in to their demands? Should we ask Al-Qaeda for permission from now on what films to make?

It sets a really bad precedent.
    this right here ..

this is really surprising .. the U.S. isn't about this .. being intimidated into cancelling a movie ? lol .. then again why should we be surprised .. obama got up on a podium and apologized over a youtube video .. like I said, they would've laughed this off 20 yrs ago .. but I guess it's probably '911' that's causing this reaction .. either way, U.S. just got punked by a bunch of faceless trolls .. embarrassing

How is this cowardice? It would be a PR disaster for Sony if they forced the theaters to show it and there really was a massacre. Why play with fire when it has already burnt you once? The first threat was real. The second threat is still unknown. Sony is taking the smart route and being overly cautious. The damage would be more disastrous than what the movie is capable of pulling in. It's all business. There's nothing dumb about it.
    not a bad point .. if something did happen, sony would look 23543543x worse no doubt .. bad for business .. but where do we draw the line here ? what if other faceless perps start making threats ? .. this is the United States of America .. this shit isn't supposed to fly here .. we don't get intimidated .. and we don't stunt free speech over some threats .. especially threats from foreigners .. ridiculous .. U.S. comes off embarrrasingly weak looking on this one

National High School Star

Obama is failing so hard right now.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    I believe this is the first time a movie has been canceled due to terrorist threats. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It's b1tchmade. I thought this was America and we were free, but I guess we do what North Korea tells us to. Nice.
    I'm thinking that Sony didn't have a lot of stock in this movie anyway. I don't know of anybody "excited" to see it, and a few who said "I'll probably see it," and the reviews have been subpar anyway. If this were the Avengers, Sony wouldn't have cancelled it among threats.

It's nothing new dude. Schools have been shut down; flights at airports have been delayed. People take this sh*t seriously. Ya'll are acting like this is some new sh*t.

I support Sony. It's better to be safe than sorry.
    But to bow to hackers? When has there been another time where a group of hackers threatened 9/11 style attacks over an everyday thing like watching a movie? Sure we've shut things down over one cuckoos threats but this is something different. And it usually had to do with schools or airports, but the movies?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Can't wait to see the South Park episode that makes fun of this.
    didnt south park have an episode where they were supposed to depict the prophet Muhammad but their network got scared and refused to air it? and forced them to heavily edit the episode?

Also its stupid to be afraid of NK. They would never attack us 9/11 style. They are a nation state. Our retribution would be quick and devastating. Kim Jong Un and the north korean elite live like kings. Why would they throw all of that away?

Islamic extremists strongly believe that the afterlife will be better than life today. And the vast majority of them dont currently live like kings. It makes sense for them to undertake suicide attacks.

A nation state is very unlikely to attack the united states of america. Its the equivalent of you walking up to some big brolic bodybuilder and punching him in the face. The US would have to do extraordinarily provocative actions to induce another nation state to attack us. All nation states are lead of leaders who live really well. They would not want to toss that away

Eg. the US induced the empire of japan to attack us after severe economic sanctions and an oil embargo that left the japanese military in a bad position

Over the next decade, Japan expanded slowly into China, leading to the Second Sino-Japanese war in 1937. In 1940 Japan invaded French Indochina in an effort to embargo all imports into China, including war supplies purchased from the U.S. This move prompted the United States to embargo all oil exports, leading the Imperial Japanese Navy to estimate that it had less than two years of bunker oil remaining and to support the existing plans to seize oil resources in the Dutch East Indies.
    And also imperial japan was far closer to 1940s america than current north korea is to current america in terms of military capabilities.
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 12-18-2014 at 01:57 PM.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
    If the Aurora theater shooter had threatened to attack before-hand; would that have been reason enough to compromise our ideals and pull The Dark Knight Rises?
    You're comparing a single shooting/bombing threat (which would probably come from a local phone line or IP address and taken serious by police/movie theater) to a company screening it's movie in hundreds of theaters across the whole nation and all of them being "potentially threatened" by "9/11" style attacks (LMAO). I understand there's issues of liability, but it's highly questionable how liable Sony productions is if extremists or terrorists commit an act of violence at a particular theater based on one of the film's content in said theater. The movie is rated (R) and perfectly legal, mind you, even vetted by the US government reportedly. The movie will obviously be released, just not on Christmas Day anymore. The bottom line for pulling was probably $$$ more than any fear for movie goers. It's always about money. Theaters had already decided to drop it and Sony can't afford any more losses and that's that - they've already got lawsuits stemming from the security breaches. It's sad for the artists and consumers though, now we know that offending one of the the most egregious dictators in a major motion picture is out of bounds in America, particularly if the dictator has great hackers.

Chuck Norris wouldn't take this shit

Very good NBA starter

and BIG UP to the Alamo Drafthouse in Dallas/FW for replacing the Interview with Team America ... I hope Alamo Drafthouses in SA do the same

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6345156.html

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Sony is a Japanese company this doesn't reflect on america at all.

All the jealous euro trash and Canadians reaching for anything to try and make america look bad
    major american theater companies are refusing to screen the movie.

They are afraid what will happen to their stock prices if an attack did occur in one of their theaters.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    didnt south park have an episode where they were supposed to depict the prophet Muhammad but their network got scared and refused to air it? and forced them to heavily edit the episode?
    Yeah, this theme has already been covered by them. Besides, we won't have more South Park until Fall 2015 anyway.

Apparently Hydra was behind the attacks to have Spiderman join forces with the Avengers and create tension within the group.

How meta would that be?