Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Draft

I am Chris Wilcox

Default Re: 2009 Draft

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    I agree its not full of stars like the draft last year. But it is full of good role players. If you get lucky you could find a player or two to clean up our horrible bench.
    That's how I see this draft. It's not talentless as some people seem to claim, there's a lot of talented players in this year's that will make a lot of teams happy. They may not be stars like the draftees of '08, but the majority of them will be solid players.

Saw a basketball once

I want us to draft Jordan Hill, Dionte Chirstmas, and Eric Maynor. This will make our bench and starting lineup stronger. Hill has so much upside he reminds me of Amare. Dionte's that three point shooter we've been missing this season. Maynor's has all the tools to be a great point or backup. Then in the offseason add vets that can bring scoring, toughness, rebounding, leadership, and defense.

There are alot of players in this draft that our good depending on where you take them. Like dejuan blair is a good player depending on where he goes. If he goes top ten then thats a bad pick but if he falls to twenty or higher then thats a great steal. I think alot of trading will happen and alot of teams will let their players fall to them or trade down for them.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

Rudy and OJ can't play well on the same night for some reason.

We just need more talent on this oster. Hopefully by next season we will have it.

I agree, our rotation has 3 players who getting PT before they got here. Jaric, Buckner, and Ross. Not to mention Darrell Arthur who I don't think deserves to start.

Yeah the off season and draft lottery cant seem to get here fast enough

I am Chris Wilcox

The offseason seems like lightyears away as a Grizzlies fan. There better be some good moves this offseason, because I can't take this losing anymore.

I'm still kind of pissed we didn't make a run at Luther Head. That would have solved one of our problems.

As with our other teams, we’re assuming the cap either holds steady or decreases.

So if it holds steady, the Grizzlies could have a little over $20 million, if they lose Buckner and Warrick, assuming Buckner’s guaranteed portion of his contract is only a six figure sum. If the Grizzlies choose to keep Buckner+Warrick, that cap space could decrease to $10mil.

If the cap decreases to $56 million, the Grizzlies would have a little over $18mil in cap space. Once again, the combined cost of Buckner’s deal and Warrick’s cap hold, could take that down a further $10mil.

I think it’s safe to assume Memphis will cut Buckner loose. I also think it’s safe to assume that Memphis will let Warrick leave should they want to sign any high priced talent, but may consider keeping him for 12 months should they fail to find that talented star. So in all likelihood they’ll have somewhere between $18-20 million to spend this summer.
    If we can't get Greg Monroe or Blake Griffin I think we should use our cap space and sign either Paul Millsap or David Lee and use our first round picks to land us a backup pg and a shooter.

I am Chris Wilcox

Someone made a post on the Memphis Grizzlies official website message board, that there's only about 8 or 9 guys who are still under contract this offseason. If that's case and we don't resign Hak, then there'll be a lot of movement.

We've got 2 first round picks, so that's 2 garunteed contracts, providing we don't trade down. Another second round pick, but that's not a garunteed contract.

So we're going to have to spend money this offseason, there's no being cheap and getting the smallest contract Wallace can find. He's going to have to dip into that cap space and bring in some veteran talent.

Yeah I think if we dont resign anyone who's contract is up. We will have around 23 million. Thats a good chunk of change. You could get milsap and a good shooter. Like M'cants or korver. Then another solid role player. Then you would have the rookies coming in. Then you buy out the bad contracts like buckner and jaric cause their jst dead weight on the team.

Who's that other first rounder we got in the draft?

It'll be interesting how we draft this year. We have so many holes its almost impossible to go wrong with the draft.

Then again, Stromile and Stevie begs to differ

and Troy Bell!

Any new talent on this team with potential is welcome in my book

I am Chris Wilcox

I just hope we don't trade away picks for players who can't help the team. We need to get all we can from this draft. There's not many great players in this draft, so having more picks is always good in this scenario, if we trade away picks and trade down, it's going to make things look worse. Coming away from this draft with only one player is not going to improve your team, unless you get the 1st pick, so you need to take a couple of players.