Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Andre Drummond says his NBA Comparison is KD.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Yeah, turned out to be nothing close to what the title was suggesting. It didn't make sense that a 6'10", 280 pound center with such a raw offensive game would compare himself to a 6'9", 215 pound scoring machine with a great jumper. And as it turns out, he didn't.

On a side note, it's weird to hear anyone saying they "grew up" watching Durant, who is what? 23?

I have nothing against Drummond, but based on what I saw of him at UCONN, this kid going to the NBA now is a joke. He's way too raw and needs probably 2 years unless he somehow improves a ton between the end of the college season and the NBA season.

I hate seeing these raw big men in the NBA way too early as projects, there's really no point for them to even be in the league yet, and a lot of the time, they don't pan out anyway.

Drummond wishes he had half of Duckworth's offensive skills.
    Yea, GOBB's statement on it was pretty accurate. I watched the video, there was one point where a reporter straight up asked him "who do you compare your game to", in which drummond replies with a well-thought out (or well scripted) response, saying "i dont compare my game to anyone. I compare myself to andre drummond. I'm trying to model my own game and my own brand"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeSByhECZWw

that should pretty much put this thread to rest

does OP have an axe to grind with drummond or something? How in the hell can you twist someone's words that badly?

Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold
    Yea, GOBB's statement on it was pretty accurate. I watched the video, there was one point where a reporter straight up asked him "who do you compare your game to", in which drummond replies with a well-thought out (or well scripted) response, saying "i dont compare my game to anyone. I compare myself to andre drummond. I'm trying to model my own game and my own brand"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeSByhECZWw

that should pretty much put this thread to rest

does OP have an axe to grind with drummond or something? How in the hell can you twist someone's words that badly?
    OP repeated exactly what Chad Ford said on the Nba combine so he didn't twist shit

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by cavsfanatic
    OP repeated exactly what Chad Ford said on the Nba combine so he didn't twist shit
    No one has showed any evidence that Chad Ford ever said that yet.

Oh god your smarter than this. First link one person posed the question in a thread where people are currently Watchin the combine. Not one quotes and agrees to what was claimed. Why? They are discussing verticals agility tests height measurements throughout the thread and not one says "yeah I heard that".
    the very next post says 'yea, may hurt his stock'

There is actual video footage at combine where he discusses who he looked up too and compares himself too. There are actual quotes from his mouth what is said. Sorry way more believable than random posters throwing out a statement where they themselves don't know the context in which it was said.
    no reason why he cant have said both things, the kd comparison, and later in the day the, 'i compare myself to andre drummond' bit

why must they be mutually exclusive?

These links prove nothing. I can in fact go on a msgboard and make a thread titles the same thing. Then you'll link that thread in here and say "I'm sure this guy didn't mis hear". Like come on.
    so what? its all a conspiracy? all these other posters on different message boards, all just fabricated this story to make drummond look dumb? not to mention, they were all posted during the live show, when is the time chad ford supposedly said it

look, tbh, i really dont care. im sure these guys are exhausted, and id put little to no stock in interviews, but you cant act like theres no evidence to suggest that he compared himself to kd. theres plenty

Those links are pointless.

No one saw Drummond say it. They took what Chad Ford said who could have taken what Drummond said out of context. Chad ford writes for espn. No article or twitter comment speaking on it. We saw what Drummond said. It makes zero sense to believe he said what people claim via Chad Ford. It's retarded.

Someone is better off sending Chad Ford a twitter message as asking him to confirm what was said or asking Drummond too.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    No one saw Drummond say it. They took what Chad Ford said who could have taken what Drummond said out of context. Chad ford writes for espn. No article or twitter comment speaking on it. We saw what Drummond said. It makes zero sense to believe he said what people claim via Chad Ford. It's retarded.
    fine

theres evidence both ways, but people were acting like OP just completely fabricated this anecdote, and that clearly isnt true

at people arguing what drummond said or didn't say when it's so obvious. Either provide direct video or material evidence that he said it or STFU

Quote Originally Posted by retard
    fine

theres evidence both ways
    No there's no evidence both ways, that's the point. Actual reliable posters like GOBB, Shaqattack have already exposed this thread, which is why I quoted shaqattack to begin with. Nothing to see here gentlemen, just an exposed troll.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold
    No there's no evidence both ways, that's the point. Actual reliable posters like GOBB, Shaqattack have already exposed this thread, which is why I quoted shaqattack to begin with. Nothing to see here gentlemen, just an exposed troll.
    7 different sources, off of messageboards, blogs, comment sections, etc. all talking about what ford said, but w/e its all just a conspiracy against drummond

Not airballing my layups anymore

Drummond was horrible at uconn. he should have stayed a year and try to dominate. hes like deandee jordan who never did much in college but has huge potential due to being huge

Learning to shoot layups

haha drummond very funny haha

-stickyickyicky

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Kevin Duckworth?

High School Starter

All jokes aside Kevin Duckworth could actually play.

Check my time machine out for proof.

Kevin Duckworth (33 Points) Vs Karl Malone (38 Points) (5-6-1988)

Quote Originally Posted by lakerstekkenn View Post
    All jokes aside Kevin Duckworth could actually play.

Check my time machine out for proof.

Kevin Duckworth (33 Points) Vs Karl Malone (38 Points) (5-6-1988)

No he couldn’t. Horrible player. Career -3.8 BPM eeeeeyikes. Worst all star ever.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    No he couldn’t. Horrible player. Career -3.8 BPM eeeeeyikes. Worst all star ever.
    Duckworth could play certain stats are flawed and manufactured, he earned his all star appearance and most improved player award plus he beat out Johnson for Portland's job because they for some reason couldn't play together, Duckworth improved greatly and was putting up solid numbers 18 points and 8 rebounds plus he was playing solid defense.

NBA coaches know what they need and what players need to contribute unless they are just clueless Duckworth was giving Portland what they needed, otherwise he's not even playing, just check his numbers; I understand after a couple of years his numbers dropped to 6.6 points then jumped up to 7.7 points after Portland, but his earlier years his numbers were solid and good enough to earn him the most improved player award, also I understand Portland wasn't using him in the finals against Chicago but were leaning heavenly on other starters and Duckworth wasn't noticed but his numbers were good and he didn't make the team worse he contributed to the teams success.

As a whole that finals team didn't play defense and just let Jordan shoot wide open shots although Portland had the better all around team.

Portland's plans were with Sam Bowie and Johnson but Sam kept braking his leg and Duckworth started playing better putting up numbers averaging around 18 points, Johnson also got injured and they couldn't play together so Portland picked Duckworth because of better numbers, Johnson was also voted to the all star game but got injured.

The all star voting is based off what players are doing at that time period in that year and not after, so certain players don't play well after that, these voters vote and their votes are given to those who earned an all star spot.

So just because some flawed stats claim certain players were terrible but in reality they weren't, doesn't mean the stats are correct, just like the stats experts explain to us stats don't tell the whole picture and are sometimes manufactured to say something they don't say.
    Last edited by lakerstekkenn; 08-12-2021 at 04:38 PM.