Default BREAKING: Lakers part ways with Byron Scott

Byron Scott is no longer the coach of the Lakers. Use your own verb. Fired, released, liberated. Maybe even promoted.

Scott

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Lakers part ways with Byron Scott

Yeah, we kinda all saw this coming.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Default Re: Lakers part ways with Byron Scott

I am absolutely shocked...

Default Re: BREAKING: Lakers part ways with Byron Scott

I like Luke due to high basketball IQ and personality but anyone think he was rushed to hire? I felt they rushed hired AGAIN.

Mike Brown, Mike D'Antoni, Byron Scott and now Luke Walton all rushed to be hired right away. Unbelievable how little patience they have in hiring folks. First 3 in a row didn't work and were rushed to fire very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    I like Luke due to high basketball IQ and personality but anyone think he was rushed to hire? I felt they rushed hired AGAIN.

Mike Brown, Mike D'Antoni, Byron Scott and now Luke Walton all rushed to be hired right away. Unbelievable how little patience they have in hiring folks. First 3 in a row didn't work and were rushed to fire very fast.
    I thought I heard that it took them about 9 months to hire Byron Scott.
    It's kinda weird for me that yes, they rushed it and yet I don't even think they approached Thibs and Brooks at all. It seems like Jim Buss is going for broke too, what he's got 1 year left to make this right?
    Will he go all in as in hire the best assistant coaches? For me this is huge.
    Most of GSW success is because of asst coach Ron Adams who was Thibs defensive guru at Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    I thought I heard that it took them about 9 months to hire Byron Scott.
    It's kinda weird for me that yes, they rushed it and yet I don't even think they approached Thibs and Brooks at all. It seems like Jim Buss is going for broke too, what he's got 1 year left to make this right?
    Will he go all in as in hire the best assistant coaches? For me this is huge.
    Most of GSW success is because of asst coach Ron Adams who was Thibs defensive guru at Chicago.
    Man, they knew they wanted Luke days ago.. didn't even schedule interview with anyone else. It has Jim Buss written ALL over it.

Seriously, if the Lakers fu<ked this up, I will never forgive them.

[QUOTE]It had appeared that once again the Lakers were being passed by, as the Minnesota Timberwolves and Washington Wizards signed coaches Tom Thibodeau and Scott Brooks, respectively while LA continued to deliberate over Scott

By the way, they hired Scott after a 3 month search. I stand corrected, but they did fire him very quickly.

The Lakers have officially hired Byron Scott as their next coach, ending a search of almost three months by choosing a familiar name to Lakers followers.
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers...714-story.html

Obvious move. Take care of former Lakers and bring in a guy while he's hot. Instant respect having been a part of the greatest team off all time. He will have his hands full but why the hell not. I'm not convinced anyone else would have been better.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    Obvious move. Take care of former Lakers and bring in a guy while he's hot. Instant respect having been a part of the greatest team off all time. He will have his hands full but why the hell not. I'm not convinced anyone else would have been better.
    I am not saying Luke is a sure bust and I'm not convinced that an average coach could have done a bad job subbing for Kerr too. Walton was handed the keys to a well oiled machine, a well conditioned ferrari that raced against slower cars.
    Alvin Gentry looked great as an assistant too and look how awful the Pelicans were last year.
    Phil Jax assistant looked smart and ready, from Cleamons at Dallas, Rambis, Shaw etc, all busts.

he did okay but i'll do better. just watch. playoffs 2017!

Quote Originally Posted by LukeWalton
    he did okay but i'll do better. just watch. playoffs 2017!
    Pretty good article
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15...uilding-lakers
    The Lakers were so sure of Walton that he was the only candidate they interviewed, a source told ESPN's Ramona Shelburne. They had other meetings lined up but canceled them after meeting with Walton on Thursday in Oakland, California.
    Beyond talent, those Warriors have a marvelous system in place created specifically for that roster. Walton didn't hire the staff around him and didn't devise the system tailored to those players
    Defense have always been great since the Mark Jackson, then Ron Adams too,