Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Default Re: Simmons = Okafor and Ingram = KAT?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Unpopular opinion: I think Okafor will be just as good if not better than KAT long term. KAT is more skilled right now but Okafor is bigger, stronger, more athletic, more naturally talented and has a natural feel on the offensive end.

Default Re: Simmons = Okafor and Ingram = KAT?

Oak dominated Towns in their matchup. Shit wasn't even close. Maybe in the future Towns will reverse that but he has his number. Towns is a better talent given he is a legit two way player. Oak may be more of a polished interior scorer as Towns could use a lesson or two or three learning post moves/footwork to expand his offense. But Towns ability to play both positions, stretch floor potential and defensive ability seperates him. I really wanted Towns. I would give up the chance to draft Ben Simmons in this draft if sixers could have the first pick last draft. Give us 3rd pick or where does Minny draft 5th? I'll actually take the 5th pick. That's how much I like Towns potential. Could backfire and I look like an idiot in hindsight but I think he has some crazy potential to be a franchise game changer. Oak will be a good player but great? A guy to build around? I don't see it.

Oak can't shoot? I think that is a petty way for a person to criticique him. Ask yourself how many jumpers he took in college. I'll give u a hint you can count on one hand. Oak entering the draft jumper or lack thereof was highlighted. What Oak showed his rookie season is he can face up, he can shoot. Does he need work? Certainly. But give him credit instead of nitpicking %'s when the fact he's even attempted jumpers should be credited. He's hit shots in various ways. Off the dribble, using the glass ala Duncan. He's shown a better improvement of a jumper than Noel who literally spent summer trying to shoot and sucks ass. So I'm intrigued at oak development as a shooter as his career unfolds. The idea was he lives in the paint (Eddy curry). And he showed range to me.