Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Default I wish we got to see Kobe, LeBron, Wade and McGrady battle it out in the playoffs

It's a shame that the 4 biggest perimeter stars couldn't meet in the playoffs...

Tmac's Orlando teams weren't good enough to reach the finals in the early 00s and couldn't stay healthy after going to the Rockets. Tmac vs Kobe had a chance in 2008 but Yao's injury prevented the Rockets from advancing to the 2nd round to face the Lakers. McGrady gets injured the next year when the Rockets actually advance to the 2nd round to face Kobe.

LeBron and Wade never met in the Eastern playoffs either. Wade had an early start in terms of playoff success but fell off due to injury just as LeBron's teams began to contend. I thought 2009 would be the year they'd meet but the Heat lost to the Hawks in 7 despite a stellar series from Wade. MIA vs CLE would've been a good 1st round series last year, but the Heat couldn't get to the playoffs after losing Bosh mid season.

We all know the story between LeBron and Kobe. LeBron couldn't hold his end of the bargain from 08-10, and Kobe couldn't hold his from 11-13.

Would've been real fun seeing these guys battle it out on the biggest stage of basketball.... Hoping for a LeBron vs Wade ECF this year before it's too late.

Default Re: I wish we got to see Kobe, LeBron, Wade and McGrady battle it out in the playoffs

I couldn't imagine if we actually had a LeBron/Kobe Final, or multiple ones. Those series would be mentioned literally dozens of times a day on ISH

Default Re: I wish we got to see Kobe, LeBron, Wade and McGrady battle it out in the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    I couldn't imagine if we actually had a LeBron/Kobe Final, or multiple ones. Those series would be mentioned literally dozens of times a day on ISH

Well it would finally settle the war between Kobe stans and LeBron stans, no?

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo

Sadly it probably wouldn't, both sides would just keep coming up with excuses about help and health or whatever. At least normal fans would've immensely enjoyed the matchups but alas, it was never meant to be

Lol it would have, the war would have been basically ended. Unless of course they split two Finals, then we'd be right back where we started

As for the rest of your OP, a lot of the time, the timing just wasn't right for those matchups. T-Mac was on garbage teams in Orlando, then when he finally got on a legit team in the West, Kobe's team was trash. Then when the Lakers became good, Yao got hurt and T-Mac declined. Similar thing happened in the East, when Wade was on a legit team, LeBron wasn't, then when he had a legit team Wade's was trash.

NBA lottery pick

So many what ifs...

Imagine tmac and vince stay on the same team! Imagine they stay healthy together even through say 04? Magic!

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Lol it would have, the war would have been basically ended. Unless of course they split two Finals, then we'd be right back where we started

As for the rest of your OP, a lot of the time, the timing just wasn't right for those matchups. T-Mac was on garbage teams in Orlando, then when he finally got on a legit team in the West, Kobe's team was trash. Then when the Lakers became good, Yao got hurt and T-Mac declined. Similar thing happened in the East, when Wade was on a legit team, LeBron wasn't, then when he had a legit team Wade's was trash.
    Yeah, I'm would've been epic to se a Lebron vs Wade rivalry.

It's a shame that the 4 biggest perimeter stars couldn't meet in the playoffs...

Tmac's Orlando teams weren't good enough to reach the finals in the early 00s and couldn't stay healthy after going to the Rockets. Tmac vs Kobe had a chance in 2008 but Yao's injury prevented the Rockets from advancing to the 2nd round to face the Lakers. McGrady gets injured the next year when the Rockets actually advance to the 2nd round to face Kobe.

LeBron and Wade never met in the Eastern playoffs either. Wade had an early start in terms of playoff success but fell off due to injury just as LeBron's teams began to contend. I thought 2009 would be the year they'd meet but the Heat lost to the Hawks in 7 despite a stellar series from Wade. MIA vs CLE would've been a good 1st round series last year, but the Heat couldn't get to the playoffs after losing Bosh mid season.

We all know the story between LeBron and Kobe. LeBron couldn't hold his end of the bargain from 08-10, and Kobe couldn't hold his from 11-13.

Would've been real fun seeing these guys battle it out on the biggest stage of basketball.... Hoping for a LeBron vs Wade ECF this year before it's too late.

LOL T-Mac's teams weren't even good enough to get out of the first round, much less reach the Finals.

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

Lol @ Heat Stans in here saying that they would've "loved" to see a Wade-Bron rivalry

Welcome to the rest of the world, f@ggots

We've been trying to explain that to most of you.

Quote Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
    Lol @ Heat Stans in here saying that they would've "loved" to see a Wade-Bron rivalry

Welcome to the rest of the world, f@ggots

We've been trying to explain that to most of you.
    It would have been nice but Lebron pleaded with Wade to let him come and play with him. Wade was such an alpha and felt sorry for his ring-less ass that he let him come to the Heat. The only reason why there wasn't a Wade-Bron rivalry is because Wade was too much of an alpha and didn't want anyone catchin feelings.

Decent college freshman

This is one of the reasons why I hated Lebron coming to the Heat. Wade & Bron more then likely meet each other in '11 & '12, both in their Prime on Contenders.

As for Bron vs Kobe, It had more to so with circumstance and teams. There's no way Kobe or Bron meet from '06-'08. '09 was the best chance and in '10 Lebron didn't play great to end the Celtics series. In '11 Kobe wasn't great in the Playoffs and the Lakera were probably gassed.

Wade vs Kobe had no chance really. '05 Kobe got hurt and L.A missed the Playoffs even if they made it, they weren't going to the Finals. '06 the Lakers weren't going to the Finals. '08-'10 Wade didn't have the team to go to the Finals. '11 is the same as above.

Not sure about T-Mac. If healthy he could've faced Kobe in '09. I don't see him making the Finals and ever meeting Wade or Bron.
    Last edited by Wade's Rings; 01-12-2016 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dhsilv
    So many what ifs...

Imagine tmac and vince stay on the same team! Imagine they stay healthy together even through say 04? Magic!
    Imagine Hill was healthy and Duncan went to Orlando with em like the rumors were saying

Banned

Scrubgrady is not worthy of the others.

Banned

blame lebron

kobe never had the #1 record without making the finals

lebron did it twice

Tmac always quit in the postseason..even when he was Healthy. ( worse then Lebron in Game 5)

Dude didn't have the mental fortitude.....he didn't deserve to be a combatant of Kobe.

I thought for sure LA vs Cle in 09' and 10'.....but Bron was already plotting to leave ...so he just did what he did.

totally ruined the puppet commercials.