Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I rule the local playground GoSpursGo1984's Avatar

Default What More Does Steph Curry Need to Do To Be A Top Ten All Time PG?

Win another ring win both ring and MVP? Play longer?

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Default Re: What More Does Steph Curry Need to Do To Be A Top Ten All TIme PG?

He's already there.

How many PGs have a ring and a MVP under their belt?
    How many PGs have had a better peak than curry?

Magic Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    He's already there.

How many PGs have a ring and a MVP under their belt?
    How many PGs have had a better peak than curry?

Magic Johnson.
    Where would you rank him?

Banned

Default Re: What More Does Steph Curry Need to Do To Be A Top Ten All Time PG?

He's already top ten, currently I would put him between 4-8

If he wins again this year + the MVP it would be hard to list him out of the top 5

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSpursGo1984
    Where would you rank him?
    At the moment in terms of career ranking? Probably in the 6-10 range with Kidd, Paul, Fraizer, Nash, etc.

If he continues what he's doing and wins MVP + ring this year.I can see him finishing around 2nd or 3rd with Magic and Oscar when it's all said and done.

I agree he has had a high enough peak to be top ten I just did not know if he had played long enough to be considered yet.

If you factor in entire prime plus peak plus longevity...

Magic
    Isiah
    Stockton
    Cousy (depending on your view of that era)

clearly have him beat at this point.

Nash, Frazier, Kidd, Paul are all arguable if you factor in their total careers vs Curry's still relatively early career.

If Curry keeps up the insanity he is capable of on the court for a nice long career then there's no reason he can't surpass everyone but Magic.

He needs another ring or two for sure, and MVP or FMVP accolades would help his case greatly as well.

7/11/14 We Witness NattyPButter's Avatar

I don't know maybe be a PG and not a SG. He needs to have average more assist per a game and get better at defense. A lot of you are not looking at the overall picture and just look at Curry's shooting. If you take Dray off the team Curry would go back to his old self and the team would be just a playoff team and not a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by NattyPButter
    I don't know maybe be a PG and not a SG. He needs to have average more assist per a game and get better at defense. A lot of you are not looking at the overall picture and just look at Curry's shooting. If you take Dray off the team Curry would go back to his old self and the team would be just a playoff team and not a contender.

*Looks at this guy's avatar and location*

Are you projecting bruh?

Banned

He's in the bottom of the top 10 already. I don't think he'll ever have enough to surpass Magic, Oscar, or Isiah but the rest of the list is probably open.

Yeah Curry needs to change his game. His current style is okay and all, but the Warriors would be better if he handled the ball more like a real PG. He needs to stop playing off ball so much because it's a detriment to his team. 35-2 is a solid record, but given the talent around Steph, they would be better if he dominated the ball more and padded his assists.
    Last edited by Heavincent; 01-11-2016 at 04:30 AM.

Banned

10 more years as a valuable player in the nba

2 more rings

2 more finals mvps

winning finals record

then he passes hakeem for #10

7/11/14 We Witness NattyPButter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    *Looks at this guy's avatar and location*

Are you projecting bruh?
    Don't see what my avatar and location has to do with it. I would say the same thing about Kyrie. Both of them are not true PG and lack defense to be even considered near top 10s. Both of them don't even have the most assist on their team. These two are nothing but shooting guards. I'm looking at the overall picture not just their shooting.
    Last edited by NattyPButter; 01-11-2016 at 04:34 AM.

Don't see what my avatar and location has to do with it. I would say the same thing about Kyrie. Both of them are not true PG and lack defense to be even considered near top 10s. Both of them don't even have the most assist on their team. These two are nothing but shooting guards.

My b for the snark, although I don't entirely agree I can certainly see why you'd say that. Fair enough

He needs to play on a good level for several years to have a shot