Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Friend says there's unknown players out there as good or better than Lebron

No, we don't need a team. We already have enough sucking from 2 franchises we don't need a third.

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Default Re: Friend says there's unknown players out there as good or better than Lebron

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Anyone that really believes that "all the best players in the world are in the NBA" is retarded.
    Anyone who believes there are other LeBron James and Kobe Bryants walking around unknown shouldn't post about basketball
    Last edited by Calabis; 03-22-2013 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    On the way to the strip club, we had this argument over how many teams should be in the NBA. He said that there should be 36 teams. The cities he said should have cities including the new Seattle Sonics are: San Diego, New Sacramento team, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and Vegas.

I told him that it would dilute the overall talent of the league. He said that there are a lot of players out there who could play in the NBA but don't because of a myriad of reasons: maybe the didn't go to college, maybe they had an injury for a short time and never got a chance, or maybe they weren't mature enough.

But he went on and on about how some of them play street ball and are amazing. I kept saying better than Lebron?!! He was saying there are 6 billion people in this world and it would be ridiculous to think there aren't other players out there. He said if there were more players in the NBA, more would get a chance to be a Wade or a Kobe.

I asked him if there is someone out there who could put on a jersey, go play on a team right now, and put up Lebron James numbers. And he instantly said, ''Sure, why not? Even better maybe! There are 6 billion people out there, you just haven't heard or seen everyone.'' And I told him that Lebron trains and has years and years of experience and he still insisted that other street ballers out there train and know about strategy as well.

Ahhh, some people just don't get it. I tried to knock sense into him. He is also the same guy who said Sprewell was the 2nd best scorer after Jordan and that the average player scores 6 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    No, we don't need a team. We already have enough sucking from 2 franchises we don't need a third.
    What city you in, brochacho?

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

SacJB Shady have a friend? Imaginary friend right?

There's no real person who can be friend with an idiot like him

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

I think there is a point in what his friend says although it is not presented well.

Professional sports is not really established outside of the developed world. There are millions of kids in war torn africa, south america etc who will grow up without access to AAU basketball, developmental league, coaching etc. Who is to say that there isn't some abnormally talented kid out there in one of those situations but instead his talents will be channeled into being the best child soldier instead of a great bball player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    What city you in, brochacho?
    Cincinnati

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QuebecBaller
    SacJB Shady have a friend? Imaginary friend right?
    I think your friend is you.

You're good
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZtbASCE7ZY

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

I think this would be a more likely case in combat sports (even than highly unlikely), but I seriously doubt theres any chance anyone out there is even close to Lebron not in the NBA.

By "going to the stripclub with your friend", do you mean going to walmart with your imaginary friend?

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    I think there is a point in what his friend says although it is not presented well.

Professional sports is not really established outside of the developed world. There are millions of kids in war torn africa, south america etc who will grow up without access to AAU basketball, developmental league, coaching etc. Who is to say that there isn't some abnormally talented kid out there in one of those situations but instead his talents will be channeled into being the best child soldier instead of a great bball player.
    Because if he is not picking up a basketball he won't have basketball talent. So this cannot be said. People keep referring to physical talent ie athleticism....it takes massive skill sets to make NBA unless ur 7ft big bodied. Dribbling shooting passing are skills that need to be practiced and perfected...then comes the mental aspect of schematics in the NBA...there are no unknown Jordans LBJs or Kobes walking around.

Very broadly speaking, this imaginary strip-club loving person has a point.

No one could actually be better than LeBron if you put him on the NBA court right now, of course, and streetballers are nowhere near as good at basketball as they look playing against no defense.

But there might be someone in say Africa or India who had the potential when he was young and could've developed into something special in the right circumstances. Another Hakeem who had it in him but never got discovered.

Learning to shoot layups

While I doubt there are people as talented as Lebron or Kobe walking around unnoticed, there are definitely people who could contribute to an NBA team and play on par if not better than a great amount of players currently under contract.

I have pondered this question myself as I ball weekly once or twice at the local YMCA and theres this guy who does nothing but shoot jumpers all day and nearly always off catch and shoot opportunities. He's usually the tallest guy on the court at about 6"3 but he doesn't care about going inside, he just wants to shoot and its usually long 2s or 3s. Most people can't contest his quick release and it's a shock when he misses. I swear this guy makes at least 80% of his shots no matter where on the court and if he's wide open, you might as well just forget about it and add the point.

Granted, he's playing with mostly midgets relative to NBA players but I'm sure there are more people like him who could fit the role of NBA spot up shooter and more. Scouts and talent assessors aren't perfect and its silly to think that everybody with NBA potential had the same opportunity and drive to make it to the league.

Good High School Starter

There'a probably some 6'10 dude in Zimbabwe who's probably more athletic than Lebron

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac
    There'a probably some 6'10 dude in Zimbabwe who's probably more athletic than Lebron
    That's possible. Doesn't mean they're better at basketball.