Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default Lebron ''quitting''

this isn't a thread to make fun of and/or insult Lebron or Lebron Fans

I don't understand about that game last year against the celtics where Lebron ''quit''. Did he give up as in stopped trying? No effort at all? I watched and just looked like just had a bad night. Am I missing something?

hopefully no trolling or insults

Default Re: Lebron ''quitting''

its just another thing to knock lebron on, because theres literally nothing else to knock lebron about. this year is the 'quitting' and last year it was 'handshaking'

and for the record, he never quit.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    its just another thing to knock lebron on, because theres literally nothing else to knock lebron about. this year is the 'quitting' and last year it was 'handshaking'

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa

Pretty much this. Celtics were just better than the Cavs.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Um.... I think it's exaggerated but it definitely was suspicious how he went from a dominant series to suddenly blaming his meltdown on his phantom elbow injury. His efficiency plummeted in the series and he started letting up late in the games starting with game 4 of the series. People could tell the team in general pretty much quit with Lebron leading the charge. The reason he's accused of throwing games is probably because Cleveland looked so dominant and in control the first part of the series then suddenly self detonated.

Here's the basics of what happened.

Cleveland wins game one by I think 8 points. Both teams play okay. Then Boston crushes the Cavs in Cleveland by 18. Then the Cavs return the favor in a big way by demolishing the Celtics at the Garden by 29.. the worst home loss in Celtics playoff history. At that point Cleveland was up 2-1 with all the momentum... and Lebron's mysterious elbow injury supposedly started affecting him a lot more... Mo Williams disappeared... Antawn Jamison disappeared and the Celtics ran away with the series in dominant fashion.

Lebron "shitting"

aahahahahahaha!

Last edited by Teanett; 04-14-2011 at 04:34 AM.

I rep my cat, Nurple. FadeAwayJ13's Avatar

LeBron was going through some very tough times. His Jacuzzi wasn't bubbling properly and that new towel boy smelled funny. The life of an NBA player is wrought with pain and hardship. It's a long, sad road to travel upon.

JK, clearly the war in Iraq was to blame for his absence of mind.

It was a well known fact that Lebron had a bruised bone in the elbow since March already and it inflamated in Chicago series already, when dude was forced to take a free throw with his left hand due to all the pain...of course, haters won't mention this little fact, all they care about is spouting nonsense like "quitting", but that's expected from retarded Kome stans really

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    It was a well known fact that Lebron had a bruised bone in the elbow since March already and it inflamated in Chicago series already, when dude was forced to take a free throw with his left hand due to all the pain...of course, haters won't mention this little fact, all they care about is spouting nonsense like "quitting", but that's expected from retarded Kome stans really
    That's bullshit. He can dominate the first part of the series with the same elbow problem with monstrous stat lines.. then suddenly falls off and you think it's only Kobe stans who would suspect him tossing games or quitting? I think he already had his mind made up to go to Miami by then and did somewhat give up. He didn't end his Cavs career with dignity. I was a huge fan and supporter of his who almost never missed a Cavs game.. especially in the playoffs.

Too bad it's Lebron so he's protected by the league because it's clear as day his move to Miami was planned for at least a season maybe more. I wish the tampering case went further to prove this. Inside sources have even said Bosh, Wade and Lebron have been planning this since the USA team.. but I bet you think that's all made up too. I think the circumstances are very suspicious.

Dunking on everybody in the park bl2k8's Avatar

explain game 3, didn't the Celtics suffer their worst home playoff loss ever? Didn't Bron drop about 20 in the first quarter

Quote Originally Posted by bl2k8
    explain game 3, didn't the Celtics suffer their worst home playoff loss ever? Didn't Bron drop about 20 in the first quarter
    He had like a 38 point triple double in game 3 if I recall. Yes the elbow was affecting him SOOOO much...

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    That's bullshit. He can dominate the first part of the series with the same elbow problem with monstrous stat lines.. then suddenly falls off and you think it's only Kobe stans who would suspect him tossing games or quitting? I think he already had his mind made up to go to Miami by then and did somewhat give up. He didn't end his Cavs career with dignity. I was a huge fan and supporter of his who almost never missed a Cavs game.. especially in the playoffs.

Too bad it's Lebron so he's protected by the league because it's clear as day his move to Miami was planned for at least a season maybe more. I wish the tampering case went further to prove this. Inside sources have even said Bosh, Wade and Lebron have been planning this since the USA team.. but I bet you think that's all made up too. I think the circumstances are very suspicious.
    What does going to Miami have to do with quitting? He probably would've stayed in Cleveland if he won a championship. Even if he didn't want to stay after winning a championship he still could have gone to Miami. The argument that he quit because he wanted to team up with Wade and Bosh is nonsensical hogwash.

Seriously there is nothing in the CBA that says winning a championship means you can't play in Miami after your contract expires.
    Last edited by bobly; 04-14-2011 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bobly
    What does going to Miami have to do with quitting? He probably would've stayed in Cleveland if he won a championship. Even if he didn't want to stay after winning a championship he still could have gone to Miami. The argument that he quit because he wanted to team up with Wade and Bosh is nonsensical hogwash.

Seriously there is nothing in the CBA that says winning a championship means you can't play in Miami after your contract expires.
    Lebron's mind clearly wasn't in the 2nd half of the series. You could tell he just wanted it to be over with so he could jump ship to Miami. I knew it from day one that he wasn't returning to Cleveland. Anyone with sense could tell. He was feeding the media what they wanted to hear but his body language for one said otherwise. If you honestly think he would of tanked/quit like he did.. had he planned on staying in Cleveland all along you're crazy man.

Why would he quit on a franchise like that in a VERY important playoff series with so much pressure on his shoulders if he planned on staying?

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86

there is nothing BS about injuries and yes, they tend to flare up from time to time too. Just because Lebron was putting monster statlines, doesn't mean he wasn't playing through pain ot at least not feeling comfortable out there on the court. Lebron is just so good, that even his average peformances fool people into thinking that he is playing at his best level, when in fact he could be carrying some nagging pain, like it was last year. You wanna tell me all those articles about his bruised bone were made up too and all of his grimacing in the games was an act from himself? You trully believe that the league would go to such lenghts to conspire all this case just so Lebron could join Heat with his buddies? C'mon now, I know you are not that thick...

there is nothing BS about injuries and yes, they tend to flare up from time to time too. Just because Lebron was putting monster statlines, doesn't mean he wasn't playing through pain ot at least not feeling comfortable out there on the court. Lebron is just so good, that even his average peformances fool people into thinking that he is playing at his best level, when in fact he could be carrying some nagging pain, like it was last year. You wanna tell me all those articles about his bruised bone were made up too and all of his grimacing in the games was an act from himself? You trully believe that the league would go to such lenghts to conspire all this case just so Lebron could join Heat with his buddies? C'mon now, I know you are not that thick...
    It wasn't his actual play alone though. His body language on the court.. was a Lebron we have never seen. He was broken. Didn't look like he cared. He had fully given up. Could it have been Boston legitimately beating him into submission basically? Yes it could have. I still think for the next dominant player him disappearing on his team mentally like that when he was supposed to be leading them was a tragedy in sports. I never saw that from Jordan or any other top players of all time. Hell I haven't even seen that from Kobe. Kobe fights till the final buzzer and that's what Lebron needed to do. He could of lost with more dignity than he did. Walked out of Cleveland with more dignity.

Had he put 100 percent into that Celtics series and left it all on the court.. then flat out told Cleveland that he loves them but liked the opportunity of playing in Miami with Wade.. instead of toying with their minds.. nobody would even have an issue with Lebron right now. They would still say he took the easy path but at least was honest.. and a man about it all.