Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Who is the best scorer in the league?

Ok, so I had a some little argument with another poster about who the best scorer in the league is. I respect his opinion but I just don't agree with his opinion. I just thought it would be a good idea to see what the rest of ISH thinks, so here are a few questions for you guys.

1. Who is the best scorer in the league? List top 5 if you want or don't mind.
    2. How do you determine who the best scorer in the league is?
    3. How much does versatility play a part in your decision on who the best scorer in the league is?

I just want to add something before you guys answer. I don't think it is as simple as looking at superior ppg, TS%, eFG%, FG, etc. If that were the case than Michael Jordan in the late 80s was a better scorer than Michael Jordan was in the early 90s and anyone who has followed his career or know anything about MJ really would know that's not the truth. I'm not just talking about the minutes either because if we were to adjust it per minute or per 36 minute, his late 80s scoring stats were better than his early 90s ones.

I think a little bit of everything matters really...

Default Re: Who is the best scorer in the league?

Durants jumper is so nice.

I'm gonna have to say Kobe. He's probably the most polished scorer from the most areas on the floor.

the lakers offense = 1 player = kobe bryant.

kobe and durant

Good High School Starter Nashty's Avatar

1.Durant
    2.Bryant
    3.James
    4.Anthony
    5.Wade

Local High School Star strifed169's Avatar

LBJ /w post game

kobe
    melo
    durant
    lebron
    rose

honorable mention wade,ellis,dirk

1. Durant
    2. Melo
    3. Kobe
    4. LeBron
    5. Monta

I give Durant the edge over Melo because of Durants scoring off screen, being able to come off screen and shoot it like Durant is more vital to a teams offence then Melos 1 on 1

Good college starter Nash-tastic's Avatar

Given the green light to score only and be selfish??

Lebron. Easily. He gets like 30 points with ease on good %s, imagine if he went all out on scoring only, he could avg 40ppg...

Currently though, id have to go with Kobe, 4 straight 40 point games, amazing array of pivot, post, fakes etc. Can pretty much score from anywhere on the court..

Close is Durant, Rose..

How can any of you say Dirk? Hes playing like crap this year. Same goes for Wade, plus hes injured. Theyre both off to horrible starts, we are talking CURRENT best scorer in the league right???

It should be Lebron but it's still Kobe. Kobe can give it to you any which way. Post up, insane footwork, drawing fouls, lay-up, dunk, mid-range, 3 point range, deeeeeep 3 point range. You name it. Sometimes he will force the action and take bad shots. He can make shots with insane difficulty so he is confident taking insanely difficult shots. That's his achilles heel. If he didn't do that his fg% would be a lot higher.

Lebron is so physically dominant he doesn't really need to learn more skills to put up big numbers. Because of that his game hasn't developed as much as it could have. He really doesn't have a post game, Kobe is a better shooter and Lebron goes through phases in the playoffs where he gets really passive. Lebron is bigger faster and stronger. He jumps higher shoots a higher % and is better running in transition.

Durant is the best shooter of the group and he's long so he's hard to stop when he gets going. He gets to the line quite a bit. I question his shot selection and general basketball IQ. He doesn't do much in the post and he's only been around a few years. Maybe he'll become more versatile over time but I kinda doubt it.

All three of these guys are among the best scorers the game has seen. Wade is up there too when he's not banged up and/or out of the lineup.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Kyrie Irving

Not Carmelo or Amare.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

I like looking at this debate from different perspective.Of course kobe's offensive arsenal is by far the most complete offensive arsenal in nba.
    However when you talk about best scorer,you have to include shot selection too which almost none of you includes.This is why MJ is the best perimeter scorer in nba history or in today's nba lebron is the best scorer in nba by far.