Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Let Kobe have his fun

Nothing Kobe does this year changes his legacy. I will judge him by what he did during his peak, not what he's doing at 37 years old after multiple surgeries. If he wants to jack 30 shots per game and shoot 30% then let him be; the Lakers aren't going anywhere anyway.

Default Re: Let Kobe have his fun

Lakers are tanking, so Kobes poor play is actually helping them

Cali Love

Nah he needs to get his shit straight...after the game he was joking around reciting poems n shit all smiles in the post game presser.

Meanwhile Clarkson looked like he wanted to cry because of the embarrassment of losing against Philly.

Just hold it down and act like you still give a shit...be an example or retire now we don't need this shit rubbing off on the youngsters.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Agreed.

I have a feeling he'll go off against Toronto though. Hopefully he'll explode for 40 and Toronto will still get the win. Jacked up ticket prices will be well worth it

If this is fun for him, I feel bad for his mental sanity.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba00
    Just hold it down and act like you still give a shit...be an example or retire now we don't need this shit rubbing off on the youngsters.

kobe needs to take some pride into his last season. sure, his bad play wont affect his already established legacy, but damn..... at least do what you can to end your career on a (somewhat) high note. whether that be not shooting your team out of games, or taking an on court leadership role with the youngins while getting them involved in the games, both offensively and defensively

Cali Love

Quote Originally Posted by Levity

kobe needs to take some pride into his last season. sure, his bad play wont affect his already established legacy, but damn..... at least do what you can to end your career on a (somewhat) high note. whether that be not shooting your team out of games, or taking an on court leadership role with the youngins while getting them involved in the games, both offensively and defensively
    With a good coach this wouldn't even be a problem IMO

A good coach would limit him to 25-28 min, put him in the post and let JC and Dlo handle the ball instead we have Lou and Kobe chuck up 3s without giving a ****.

But still you'd think Kobe is old enough to see he's acting like an imbecile on and off the court.

Byron Scott is just his enabler. As mentioned, a good coach would somewhat limit his minutes. Then, in games against teams like the Sixers or Raptors, allow him to goof around.

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    Lakers are tanking, so Kobes poor play is actually helping them
    If they land a top 3 pick it will be hilarious to see Kobe get so much credit. But you're right he is the perfect tank commander. Bad play combined with spiraling team morale is the perfect storm.

They need to get rid of Lou Williams. He could accidentally win you a few games. Up front they look great for a tank.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba00
    Nah he needs to get his shit straight...after the game he was joking around reciting poems n shit all smiles in the post game presser.

Meanwhile Clarkson looked like he wanted to cry because of the embarrassment of losing against Philly.

Here's a thought maybe they should stop passing his ass the ball in close game situations. Clarkson and Russell are just as much to blame as Scott imo because they enable Kobe by looking to him in sticky situations instead of stepping up. Randle is probably the only one of the three Ive seen who will wave off Kobe, like nah I'm taking this.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Nothing Kobe does this year changes his legacy. I will judge him by what he did during his peak, not what he's doing at 37 years old after multiple surgeries. If he wants to jack 30 shots per game and shoot 30% then let him be; the Lakers aren't going anywhere anyway.
    You know his fun may keep the Nets from succeeding in their mission t tank for us, don't you? Otherwise I wouldn't care either. But I'm getting worried.

Banned

If Nick Young was allowed to chuck as he pleased like Kobe is, the Lakers would probably be winning these games.

You can't have players shooting 24+ shots at 25% every game and expect to win.

Which leads me to conclude that Kobe is doing this on purpose to help the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    You know his fun may keep the Nets from succeeding in their mission t tank for us, don't you? Otherwise I wouldn't care either. But I'm getting worried.
    Meh. The C's never have much luck in the lottery ('97 and '07 come to mind), and finishing last or 2nd or 3rd last doesn't make a huge difference anyway (see thread in Celtics forum). The lottery is just about being lucky.

High School Starter

Kobe's legacy
    6-24 shooting, won game 7 and nba championship
    NARRATIVE: kobe is a great player and leader
    FACT: Kobe got carried by Gasol in both championships he won post shaq

This seasons SOLIDIFIES kobe's legacy...a fabricated superstar and king of phantom calls. He also LOST the lakers one championship as he shot the lakers out of the detroit series

Cali Love

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Here's a thought maybe they should stop passing his ass the ball in close game situations. Clarkson and Russell are just as much to blame as Scott imo because they enable Kobe by looking to him in sticky situations instead of stepping up. Randle is probably the only one of the three Ive seen who will wave off Kobe, like nah I'm taking this.
    They're still rookies so naturally they will defer to the vet franchise player esp if your coach is telling you to do it.

Like last game when Dlo made like 2 shots in a row and made that drop off dime to Bass you'd think they'd give him the ball the next possession but no, Kobe waived him off and took 2-3 bad shots in a row...but instead of subbing Kobe, Russell got pulled back for Lou

I blame Scott and his retarded playcalling and rotations because the team is decent enough to win 30-40 games.

Also I agree on Randle if he improves that jumper and starts playing some effective D he will be the next alpha dog on this LA squad.