Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Russell Westbrook jumps to #1 in new ESPN fantasy basketball rankings.

TripleDoubleBrook overtakes Curry and Bron in the rankings.

MVP 2017!

http://espn.go.com/fantasy/basketbal...asy-basketball

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default Re: Russell Westbrook jumps to #1 in new ESPN fantasy basketball rankings.

Did I miss something or did the league stop taking into consideration team records when it comes to MVP voting? Good Lord, Westbrook is easily the most overrated player in the league. This board is in love with an inefficient r.etard. Dude is literally one knee injury away from coming off the bench for the Bejing Ducks.

Mugshot from SlyCooper Nilocon165's Avatar

Default Re: Russell Westbrook jumps to #1 in new ESPN fantasy basketball rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Did I miss something or did the league stop taking into consideration team records when it comes to MVP voting? Good Lord, Westbrook is easily the most overrated player in the league. This board is in love with an inefficient r.etard. Dude is literally one knee injury away from coming off the bench for the Bejing Ducks.
    It's just fantasy

He's obviously gonna average more than anyone in the league considering Curry and Durant are on the same team.

Are you aware they're talking about "fantasy" rating. Like fantasy basketball and now MVP ranking right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nilocon165
    It's just fantasy

He's obviously gonna average more than anyone in the league considering Curry and Durant are on the same team.
    Let me ask you something you f.ucking potato. Did you not miss the part where he said "MVP 2017!". Don't post for the sake of just posting. Do me a favor. Find someone capable of turning on an oven. Get them to open it. And than please stick your head in it. Ok? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Are you aware they're talking about "fantasy" rating. Like fantasy basketball and now MVP ranking right?
    Are you aware that the OP referred to Westbrook as being the 2017 MVP?

Mugshot from SlyCooper Nilocon165's Avatar

Let me ask you something you f.ucking potato. Did you not miss the part where he said "MVP 2017!". Don't post for the sake of just posting. Do me a favor. Find someone capable of turning on an oven. Get them to open it. And than please stick your head in it. Ok? Thanks.

Yikes

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy
    Yikes
    It's fine. Dude will be here in May making emotional post about he hates LeBron the first time we lose a playoff game. F.uck him.

To me it really depends on the league format/settings.

I'd have a hard time passing up RWB at #1 overall though with Curry and Durant now sharing the court; those are two guys I definitely would've drafted over Westbrook in most formats.

But the guy has never shot above 45% from the field for a full season and is good for 4-5 turnovers a game, and we can only expect the usage rate to either rise to a new insane, unwarranted level, or at best stay put where it is. 42.5% FG incoming, hard to overlook that.

Are you aware that the OP referred to Westbrook as being the 2017 MVP?
    Yes, but it's not the topic of the thread.

It's fine. Dude will be here in May making emotional post about he hates LeBron the first time we lose a playoff game. F.uck him.
    Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Yes, but it's not the topic of the thread.
    Doesn't matter. It's grossly inaccurate. If he wants to put an article about Westbrook's ability to put up the league's most worthless triple doubles this season, be my guest. Westbrook is like the QB in fantasy football that you would rather have on your fantasy team, than the actual team you root for. But I will not stand for someone claiming the most overrated player in the NBA by a mile, is going to win the MVP. The people claiming this man has a chance at MVP seem to forget how much regular season record matters.

Doesn't matter. It's grossly inaccurate. If he wants to put an article about Westbrook's ability to put up the league's most worthless triple doubles this season, be my guest. Westbrook is like the QB in fantasy football that you would rather have on your fantasy team, than the actual team you root for. But I will not stand for someone claiming the most overrated player in the NBA by a mile, is going to win the MVP. The people claiming this man has a chance at MVP seem to forget how much regular season record matters.
    Do you remember the time Russell Westbrook played 67 games in a season, led the league in scoring and still missed the playoffs to an injury-riddled Pelicans team? Not sure if emptier stats exist anywhere in the league.

That's what happens when you give back so much of what you do well on the floor.