Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: So is beating your 4 yr old kid

a 4 year old can be disciplined without hitting him/her. just take his/her toys away.

Sucks it happnd to the 4 y/o, this just helped my nfl pool league for this Sundays game

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Worse. Kids do shit cos they don't know any better. You can't go to town on a 4 year old whatever they do

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Sounds like AP did more than just spank the kid for discipline purposes. AP did say his own father disciplined him as a boy, but that excuse is not gonna work in these times when you're using a tree branch and hitting your kid so hard he's got cuts and bruises on his body.

That just sounds like an angry man who wanted to take something out on his kid, which imo is much much worse than the Ray Rice situation.

Plus, I'd imagine a 4 year old is way too young to need a harsh spanking. Did AP's son eat too many skittles? Watch too much TV? Oh well then let's beat him unconscious!

Local High School Star Megabox!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PHX_Phan
    AP probably went overboard, but it's annoying as hell that people are so sensitive about physically disciplining their children to the point a spanking is considered child abuse.

Some kids need more strict forms of discipline. Bothers the shit out of me when I see some person's kid running around and acting like a little piece of shit while the parent just verbally tells them to stop, and the kid ain't havin' it. They take away a toy and the kid just acts out even more.

I caught the belt a few times when I was young, it wasn't needed much after that. My Mom didn't have to correct me three times because I respected the first command. I wasn't beat, didn't fear my parents. I knew I was going to get my ass whipped, and it was going to sting. Big difference between that and random severe beatings where the kid fears how bad the next will be. You want them to fear the consequence, not you.
    Exactly!! Society is too damn sensitive these days and it's a damn shame that a person can't discipline their own god damn child without everyone else having something to say about it. Whooping a child isn't going to have any psychological effects on them, the only thing it's going to do is to let them know not to act out again.

I remember working in Aspen, seeing all these rich moms trying to talk to their children like they were equals and threatening them with timeouts, and watching with disgust as the kids invariably ignored their mothers and did what they wanted anyway or went on a tirade. The worst behaved kids I have ever seen in my life were these spoiled little shits. I always thought to myself why don't you wack that ****er on the ass.

My aunt was very hippy type liberal and she would become irate with my uncle for spanking his kids. He didn't beat them or use foreign objects, but used spank them on the butt. She told him everything from he was damaging their self esteem to actually creating a sense of dependency or some BS, where his children would act out just to get spanked, thereby getting his attention. Well all three of my uncle's kids went to good universities and got good jobs, while my aunt's son has had scrapes with the law, and went to a mediocre college, and her daughter, my cousin, is a straight up meth head with mental issues. Damn that hands off approach really worked out for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Megabox!
    Exactly!! Society is too damn sensitive these days and it's a damn shame that a person can't discipline their own god damn child without everyone else having something to say about it. Whooping a child isn't going to have any psychological effects on them, the only thing it's going to do is to let them know not to act out again.
    Yeah, what better way to discipline then than to whip them in the balls

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Depends. A man who beats women is pretty low. Am I prepared to call 200 million parents no better than abusive husbands over a spanking?

No.

If you have raised a 4 year old you know there is only so much logic they can absorb. If his son is sneaking through the fence to play by the pool at 4-5 years old and hes explained why he shouldnt 2 times already....

If a spanking prevents it in the future....greater good.

I did a lot of shit as a kid. Some of it I got my ass beat for...much of it deserved. I damn near burned down a church bathroom....

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Depends. A man who beats women is pretty low. Am I prepared to call 200 million parents no better than abusive husbands over a spanking?

No.

If you have raised a 4 year old you know there is only so much logic they can absorb. If his son is sneaking through the fence to play by the pool at 4-5 years old and hes explained why he shouldnt 2 times already....

I did a lot of shit as a kid. Some of it I got my ass beat for...much of it deserved. I damn near burned down a church bathroom....
    You got whipped in the balls?

NBA Superstar

CBS 11 Houston reports Adrian Peterson is being investigated for another child abuse accusation involving one of his other sons.
    According to the news station, one of Peterson's four-year-old son's was disciplined by Peterson for cursing at one of his siblings. The boy sustained a scar over his right eye. Peterson has at least five children with multiple different women, and is believed to have as many as seven kids out of wedlock. If more information comes to light, the Vikings could discipline Peterson yet again.

just after being reinstated by the Vikings... glad he's not on my fantasy team

i saw the pics of him whipping his other kid and that shit is messed up. i get disciplining your kids but that is what i'd call beating. and punching this other kid in the eye? dude is a child abuser.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki

CBS 11 Houston reports Adrian Peterson is being investigated for another child abuse accusation involving one of his other sons.
    According to the news station, one of Peterson's four-year-old son's was disciplined by Peterson for cursing at one of his siblings. The boy sustained a scar over his right eye. Peterson has at least five children with multiple different women, and is believed to have as many as seven kids out of wedlock. If more information comes to light, the Vikings could discipline Peterson yet again.

just after being reinstated by the Vikings... glad he's not on my fantasy team

i saw the pics of him whipping his other kid and that shit is messed up. i get disciplining your kids but that is what i'd call beating. and punching this other kid in the eye? dude is a child abuser.
    He's pretty much done at this point, right?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    He's pretty much done at this point, right?

i just read Texas law allows child abuse lol

so i think not.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

No.

What about flogging one 4 year old like a slave and slamming a car seat on another 4 year old's head?

Did he do anything worthy of an ass-whoopin?

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    a 4 year old can be disciplined without hitting him/her. just take his/her toys away.
    Not spoiling my kids with toys. A potato and stick will do, and if they misbehave i'll take away the stick (which can also be used to discipline the child).