Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Default Re: Official Floyd Mayweather vs. Marcos Maidana II on September 13 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I'll gonna LMAO if Klitschko and Mayweather losses in their respective fights this month.

Edit

The Klithcko and Pulev fight were re-scheduled.
    Lol that would be the month that shook up current-day boxing

Default Re: Official Floyd Mayweather vs. Marcos Maidana II on September 13 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    The only way Mayweather is losing is if he gets knocked out, and that wont happen. Hell, he's never been down before. If Maidana can't even knock out Broner, what makes you think he'll knock out Mayweather?
    There's nothing in what I said that he's gonna K.O. Mayweather. Can't he win through decision? He can, he showed it in their first fight but came up short. First fight was close, neck to neck. Mayweather is a slow starter but adjusts well against his opponent. Chino's chance is if he can stay consistent from 1st to 12. This 2nd fight would close again for sure. Maidana has the style to beat Floyd. The reason why Floyd ducked prime Pac. Same pressure style but faster and stronger.

Local High School Star Combat Wombat's Avatar

I'll go with Mayweather by UD although it has a Roy Jones Jr vs Antonio Tarver 2-feel to it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    I want Mayweather to get knocked out by Madiana so bad.
    Of course we all do, but we all know Mayweather won't lose.

National High School Star Rodmantheman's Avatar

Mayweather got this pretty easily.

Only losers want Maidana to win. That guy is one of the dirtiest boxer ever, he should be banned from boxing

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Floyd doesnt take fights he cant win.....

Banned

I think this'll be my first boxing match as a new fan. How does Mayweather compare to himself in his prime? Is he just as good? Better? Much worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Face
    I have a feeling Floyd will lose this fight. First fight was close, didn't expect that. This second one could be an upset. May is getting older, Maidana hungrier.
    Close? Maidana just took a crazy amount of shots at Floyd and barely connected...boy won maybe 2 out of the first 4 rounds and rest it was all Floyd... please.

Either Maidana gets lucky and lands a good one on Mayweather to knock him out, or Mayweather wins by UD.

Chino is so damn overrated man... People are just rooting for him (like every other guy Floyd faces), but we all know who's the best. Floyd just needs to keep himself from getting KO'd and he'll win easily, because he's by far the most accurate puncher.

I know it sounds boring and a knockout would create a bigger buzz (either side), but I'm leaning towards another 12-round fight based on what I saw in the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    I think this'll be my first boxing match as a new fan. How does Mayweather compare to himself in his prime? Is he just as good? Better? Much worse?
    Money May has nothing on Pretty Boy Floyd. Current Floyd is a defensive mastermind, Pretty Boy was also a lethal puncher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjCIzfcLM_k

that hand speed, that defense

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Money May has nothing on Pretty Boy Floyd. Current Floyd is a defensive mastermind, Pretty Boy was also a lethal puncher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjCIzfcLM_k

that hand speed, that defense
    Sounds kind of like MJ.

Sounds kind of like MJ.
    I think Mayweather is more like Kobe or Duncan of boxing. In terms of being undefeated, I'd guess you could say MJ, but prime Ali or Tyson is the real MJ of boxing. Prime Floyd ain't a GOAT boxer IMO, but being undefeated for so long puts him in the convo of the all-time greats.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    I think Mayweather is more like Kobe or Duncan of boxing. In terms of being undefeated, I'd guess you could say MJ, but prime Ali or Tyson is the real MJ of boxing. Prime Floyd ain't a GOAT boxer IMO, but being undefeated for so long puts him in the convo of the all-time greats.
    I mean in the way that at the start of his career MJ was more of a flashy, athletic player, but for the second half of his career when he started slowing down, he played more of a mind-game and was an improved defender.

I mean in the way that at the start of his career MJ was more of a flashy, athletic player, but for the second half of his career when he started slowing down, he played more of a mind-game and was an improved defender.
    I guess you could make that analogy about Floyd and MJ. Floyd getting that MJ money too though.

Just like Jordan.

First era MJ us Pretty Boy.

He than retires and a new guy comes is (Hakeem = Paquiao) and they never face off.

Second MJ not as flashy but still gets the job done.

BOTH considered best of their era but some dust heads still consider others (Wilt Kareem Russell or Sugar Ray Robinson and Lenard and Roy Jones ect.)
    Last edited by L.Kizzle; 09-06-2014 at 08:46 AM.