Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron NOT recruiting Love

no self respecting grown man would stay in Cleveland after an emasculating year like this, u would have to be straight beta like Mo williams

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I'm more than happy not seeing Love come to Portland. We would be in a never ending cycle of mediocre with him, plus he has injury history.

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    Sign and Trade him. For Love, they want a 3 and D player and back up PG.

Cleveland does not want first round picks so it will be easy to unload him if you can keep your first round pick. I see them wanting a trevor ariza type wing and 2 solid bench players.
    Kevin Love isn't good enough to get a team from the East to the Finals as The Man, so I'm not sure who gives up all of that for him.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    Ship his ass to Miami.
    Love or Lebron?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Kevin Love isn't good enough to get a team from the East to the Finals as The Man, so I'm not sure who gives up all of that for him.
    Most every team in the NBA has a competent 3 and D player and bench guys. Cleveland is most likely wanting veterans and not first round picks. I can see teams giving 3 and D player followed by either a big or back up PG.

LeBron already recruited Love before he was traded to Cleveland back last year. Love knows what the **** is on the table. Cleveland offers him the best chance to win right now in the short-term and they can offer him the most money over the most years. If he leaves it's simply because he doesn't want to be a part of the team and doesn't like his role. It's pretty clear cut compared to where else he could possibly go.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    LeBron already recruited Love before he was traded to Cleveland back last year. Love knows what the **** is on the table. Cleveland offers him the best chance to win right now in the short-term and they can offer him the most money over the most years. If he leaves it's simply because he doesn't want to be a part of the team and doesn't like his role. It's pretty clear cut compared to where else he could possibly go.
    what's the point of winning when you are basically a ball boy on the Lebrons?

there is no team in celeveland, it's just lebron and his entourage

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    Sign and Trade him. For Love, they want a 3 and D player and back up PG.

Cleveland does not want first round picks so it will be easy to unload him if you can keep your first round pick. I see them wanting a trevor ariza type wing and 2 solid bench players.
    Why would Love except a sign and trade? He makes less money that way

Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

Maybe recruiting is not needed but at least acknowledgement of the situation is warranted.

"Hope you shoulder is all good and hoping you are still with us on our next championship run".

A little text wouldn't hurt...not to say he didn't as all this is just speculation. A little respect goes a long way to get the guy back. Regardless if he fits in or not, the organization gave up a lot to get Love there and they need to retain the guy to ensure they don't get the sh!tty part of the deal.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Vancouver-Grizz
    Maybe recruiting is not needed but at least acknowledgement of the situation is warranted.

"Hope you shoulder is all good and hoping you are still with us on our next championship run".

A little text wouldn't hurt...not to say he didn't as all this is just speculation. A little respect goes a long way to get the guy back. Regardless if he fits in or not, the organization gave up a lot to get Love there and they need to retain the guy to ensure they don't get the sh!tty part of the deal.
    Seriously. We don't know how this went down, but I don't actually see the point of making it known that he's not going to recruit him. To purposefully make it known would only mean that he's trying to push him out.

College superstar

I think it's pretty obvious that Love is not a great fit in Cleveland. His skillset is, but his mentality is not. He wants to be one of "the guys". But that's Lebron then Kyrie. Love, unlike Bosh, is unwilling (at least it's my belief, I obviously has no inside knowledge) to make that sacrifice.

Cleveland would be much better off S & T Love to Pelicans for Ryan Anderson or something.

Edit: Salaries work pretty well if Pelicans renounce rights to players, but the value is not even close to what Love represents.

Regardless, trading Love for a true stretch 4 and some assets is the way to go. That's all Cleveland needs. Phoenix may deal Markieff or something.
    Last edited by kshutts1; 06-25-2015 at 03:34 PM.

College superstar

Love to Phoenix for Bledsoe and Markieff?

Then Cleveland either keeps Bledsoe as a highly paid freak off the bench, or flip him for more assets..

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    No one, but in the weak-ass east the Cavs are a lock for the finals for the foreseeable future.
    Why isn't Miami a lock for the Finals for the foreseeable future?

Learning to shoot layups

if Love doesn't sign with cavaliers... are the cavaliers going after wade?

Good High School Starter Crimsonrain777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lebron06
    if Love doesn't sign with cavaliers... are the cavaliers going after wade?
    the Cavs don't really want Wade, not for his asking price. and i doubt Wade would want to play there anyway