Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: I thought Lebron ball made his teammates worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    not true at all
    Well Lebron does make Wade, Bosh, Love and Irving worse, because Lebron's system does not work well with a ball handler or an inside scorer. Those star players have to make compromises and play a style they aint familiar or comfortable with, thereby making themselves worse.

However, Lebron's system is better fitted with rebounders and 3point shooters. There is a reason why the likes of Shane Battier, Chris Anderson, JR Smith and Tristan Thompson flourish with Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Well Lebron does make Wade, Bosh, Love and Irving worse, because Lebron's system does not work well with a ball handler or an inside scorer. Those star players have to make compromises and play a style they aint familiar or comfortable with, thereby making themselves worse.

However, Lebron's system is better fitted with rebounders and 3point shooters. There is a reason why the likes of Shane Battier, Chris Anderson, JR Smith and Tristan Thompson flourish with Lebron.
    He didn't make wade, Irving or Bosh worse. Even Love is starting to play better.
    THeir ppg dropped only because they weren't 1st option anymore.
    They had less touches.

Local High School Star KingPush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    the irony of this statement, considering what you just used to prop up lebron in your last post, is unbelievable
    What?

You said Kyrie had the highest usage on the team and I replied saying that Lebron still lead the team in assists...

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingPush
    What?

You said Kyrie had the highest usage on the team and I replied saying that Lebron still lead the team in assists...
    Kobe didn't lead all of those teams in usage, just like Lebron right now, he led the team in assist, but not usage. However, according to you it's a good thing when Lebron does it, but when Kobe does it he's a ballhog

Kobe didn't lead all of those teams in usage, just like Lebron right now, he led the team in assist, but not usage. However, according to you it's a good thing when Lebron does it, but when Kobe does it he's a ballhog
    Which years did he lead and which years did he not?

Local High School Star

he's playing differently. He's not trying to be the point guard nearly as much

Kyrie leads the team in usage, and with that they are playing the best ball they've played in two years.

So thanks for pointing out that this team is better when Kyrie has the ball in his hands more and leads the team is Usage

Cuz they played so much together in the last year's playoffs to give us a perfect sample size

Which years did he lead and which years did he not?

Why would that matter? If he was leading his team in assist and not usage, then how is he a ballhog while Lebron isn't a ballhog for doing the exact same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    Cuz they played so much together in the last year's playoffs to give us a perfect sample size

uhh the cavs are playing better in these past 8 games than they have at anytime in the past two years during the regular season.

he's playing differently. He's not trying to be the point guard nearly as much

Kyrie leads the team in usage, and with that they are playing the best ball they've played in two years.

So thanks for pointing out that this team is better when Kyrie has the ball in his hands more and leads the team is Usage

Before today's game:

Usage%

Kyrie - 29.2
    LeBron - 28.8

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2016.html

Jesus, look at that difference!!

Local High School Star

uhh the cavs are playing better in these past 8 games than they have at anytime in the past two years during the regular season.

What a surprise, it's postseason when usually all players step up a notch, it's their second season together with great chemistry and finally they are all healthy in the playoffs(for now). Again, what a surprise to see them play best bball till now.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    He turns everyone into spot up shooters ( I hardly see guys like Kyrie, Thompson, Delly being spot up shooters )
    He dribbles the ball for 20 seconds each possession ( I don't see that happening also. Cavs are moving the ball really well ).
    He steals the rebounds from his bigs ( Love and Thompson are averaging high rebounding numbers )

What's happening? ISH experts were wrong? Again?

You mean 3-ball?

Why would that matter? If he was leading his team in assist and not usage, then how is he a ballhog while Lebron isn't a ballhog for doing the exact same thing?
    Post the years, boy.

Post the years, boy.

try to explain your double standard here

False once again. You dont even watch these teams so why do you even talk about them?

They looked even better when they went on 33-6 stretch after the Mozgov/shump/JR trade

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Before today's game:

Usage%

Kyrie - 29.2
    LeBron - 28.8

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2016.html

Jesus, look at that difference!!

yeah and how many times in Lebron's career has he played in a way which allowed another player to get that close to his usage? 2011, and that is skewed because Lebron decided to go ghost in the finals.

He's playing differently, he's putting more trust in teammates to get it done.