Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Why do the Bulls fans think Derrick Rose is better than Damian Lillard?

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard

This is your mind on drugs.

Name me the other MVP that pulled this off:

Rose did not have finishers, shooters, good spacing, another offensive superstar, athletes, a team built around him, a guy in the top ten of any category, players that made you pay for triple teaming him, alot of vet players, players who were used to playing with each other, no offensive system (Rose was the system) and no other creators along with the young team, often injured team.

Sorry he did much more with the least. You just aren't bright enough to see it.

That team did have deng and boozer. Nothing to get really excited about but they were good offensive players. Deng definitely provided decent spacing at least.

Default Re: Why do the Bulls fans think Derrick Rose is better than Damian Lillard?

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard

This is your mind on drugs.

Name me the other MVP that pulled this off:

Rose did not have finishers, shooters, good spacing, another offensive superstar, athletes, a team built around him, a guy in the top ten of any category, players that made you pay for triple teaming him, alot of vet players, players who were used to playing with each other, no offensive system (Rose was the system) and no other creators along with the young team, often injured team.

Sorry he did much more with the least. You just aren't bright enough to see it.
    1. in some old thread you said you were on the rose payroll, so .. yeah
    2. chicago's best asset was not rose but the defense (which rose had nothing to do with..). If anybody was the MVP that was thibs. This was proven by good performance without rose (of course not as great as rose was a very good player that took a huge chunk of the payroll).
    3. chicago had a decent team with noah, boozer, deng, and a large number of useful players (hinrich, gibson, etc)
    4. what you just described can be attributed to a large number of stars from the past. the difference is those stars did this thing for years, rose did it once.

rose is done son, he got lucky in 11 that they gave him the MVP over better choices such as howard, lebron, dwight or even durant. He was more of a flash in the pan then an established star and he will remain a cult hero for stans, but nothing more ... a far less talented, far less accomplished, far less durable and far less iconic iverson, iverson who isn't some top 20 player btw (no shame in this!).

Quote Originally Posted by keep-itreal
    ISH completely forgot how good Derrick Rose was during his MVP season.

"b-b-but he got beat by Lebron"

He was going up against Lebron, Wade and Bosh in that series.

He had to do everything on offense because no other player on that Bulls team can do shit on that end
    trolling and keeping it real

Quote Originally Posted by Human Error
    Bulls fans are the most idiotic and biased bunches, I have had enough of them and I am done talking to them. Derrick Rose, the worst MVP in league history, was going to surpass Lebron before injury? In what? Getting eliminated early in the playoffs?

And 2016 Lillard >>> Rose in his MVP year.
    production-wise about the same tbh, lillard is a better shooter, rose was a better rim attacker, both suck(ed) on defense big time. That being said lillard is a more cerebral offensive player so i'd give the nod to him especially in playoff games.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    1. in some old thread you said you were on the rose payroll, so .. yeah
    2. chicago's best asset was not rose but the defense (which rose had nothing to do with..). If anybody was the MVP that was thibs. This was proven by good performance without rose (of course not as great as rose was a very good player that took a huge chunk of the payroll).
    3. chicago had a decent team with noah, boozer, deng, and a large number of useful players (hinrich, gibson, etc)
    4. what you just described can be attributed to a large number of stars from the past. the difference is those stars did this thing for years, rose did it once.
    1)So what does that have to do with this thread.
    2)Sorry Thibes did not go that far in any other season and had a a far better team. And Rose was the only player on that team to be tops in a defensive category (blocks) at his position and was the only player on his team that top three in rebounding at his position. He dominated the elite at his position as thoroughly good as any other player since then. To say he was bad defensively was crazy. I never seen any player ever hold a healthy Wade, a bigger position, like Rose did that year.

Also are you aware that GS was ranked higher in defense than offense last year? And this year year they are still a top three team without Curry. So this crap about Chicago won on defense alone is a weak and incredibly silly argument.

3)Once again Noah had a horrible year when he did play. In the ECF he was 6 ppg and not quite 10 rebs per game while being benched twice in the fourth quarter for bad play. Boozer was also benched twice in that series in the fourth quarter. Boozer was the only player that won A game that entire post season outside of Rose. Rose won 8 games on his back. Something you rarely see players do in any run. Which is something Thibes or their defense have NOT come close to getting. And that was superior team in 2015.

4)I said they never did it. Never as in ever. The number of years other players had to do it increases their chances to win without finishers, shooters and spacing. It doesn't decrease their chance like you are imagining in your deranged head?
    rose is done son, he got lucky in 11 that they gave him the MVP over better choices such as howard, lebron, dwight or even durant.
    This is why I have to call you silly. I tell you that nobody wins an MVP without shooters, talent, veteran teammates, injuries, new coach, young team, bad spacing and you come up with guys who had many of these advanges and didn't come close to dominating the elite that year, much less the best record, and three guys you named just got killed in the mvp voting like by 105 to 4. You can add up all of their votes together and its not 10 first place votes to Rose's 105. Are you playing ignorant??? Cause there is no other way to take you.

Tolerant Liberals

This guy melting down hard

Undefeated

It's a miracle Derrick's even on the court these days, after such a tumultuous few years filled with physical and mental injuries.

He's waaaaaay past the point of being talked about with the top PG's in the league.

He's a bottom tier PG right now, among the leagues worst at the position. But I'm happy he's able to go play even if he's just 20% of the player he used to be.

I feel for Bulls fans though, they're stuck with a charity case reject for however long Derrick sticks it out.

OP getting Bulls fans confused with Rose stans.