Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Jonny Flynn Couldn't Even Be The Best Player On His Australasian League Team

Quote Originally Posted by Walker
    There's no such thing you fuxking moron.

The region is called Oceania, if you wanna be a douchebag call it the Oceanic League...

The only people that say Australasia are uneducated retards, like yourself, cause you know... THERE'S NO SUCH THING.

Talk about a stupid American, this kid takes the cake.
    I agree with you, I followed the league heavily when magic were in it and I had never herd it called australiasian before. I did see it in a tv guide recently though but when seeing this thread I could find no evidence it was ever called that by any one. To be honest I don't even know if the australiasian league game in the tv guide was even NBL as I didn't watch it and it made no mention of who was playing, for all I know it could have been another exhibition game/indigenous game who knows. Euroleague is still an idiot arguing that us Australians don't know what our own league is referred to as.

Default Re: Jonny Flynn Couldn't Even Be The Best Player On His Australasian League Team

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy8
    Jackson just got utterly destroyed by the Wildcats without Martin.

If he can't play well against our backup PG, he shouldnt be in the NBA.

Breakers vs Wildcats is going to be sick though.
    bad game was bound to happen, he's killed the wildcats last few games... we got this.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Dogg
    You're a ****ing peanut, the champs of NZ do not play in the league, the Breakers are an NBL team only, the Kiwis have their own league and the Breakers are not part of it.

We live in Australia and follow the league, I've followed it for 20 years but you think you know better, good work dipshit, you proved yourself once again to be a muppet.

Even Google thinks you're an idiot, try to type Austalasian Basketball League into it and the first thing it does is correct it to Australian Basketball League.

Once again, you have failed, now **** off back to your box you clown.
    You are a ****ing idiot. How the **** do you think Breakers got in the league you moron? And how the **** do you think it is called Australasian League on TV guides?

No chance in hell you ever saw a game of that league.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker
    There's no such thing you fuxking moron.

The region is called Oceania, if you wanna be a douchebag call it the Oceanic League...

The only people that say Australasia are uneducated retards, like yourself, cause you know... THERE'S NO SUCH THING.

Talk about a stupid American, this kid takes the cake.
    You are a ****ing lying scumbag. On TV it is listed as "Australasian League". Wow, what a bunch of lying scumbags in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I agree with you, I followed the league heavily when magic were in it and I had never herd it called australiasian before. I did see it in a tv guide recently though but when seeing this thread I could find no evidence it was ever called that by any one. To be honest I don't even know if the australiasian league game in the tv guide was even NBL as I didn't watch it and it made no mention of who was playing, for all I know it could have been another exhibition game/indigenous game who knows. Euroleague is still an idiot arguing that us Australians don't know what our own league is referred to as.
    No these people are just LYING. When you look on the TV guides it is clearly called "Australasian League". Which means that all these a-holes denying this have not even seen a game of it in awhile to not know that.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    No these people are just LYING. When you look on the TV guides it is clearly called "Australasian League". Which means that all these a-holes denying this have not even seen a game of it in awhile to not know that.
    just curious, but are you basing your claims on what it says on a TV guide? Or did you actually watch the league games and heard it referred to by the announcers as the "australasian" league.

It's referred to as the Australian league and occasionally Australasian, as it is Australasian by definition. But mostly Australian by name.

This thread is a farce. Please shut it.

The "champs of New Zealand" do not play in the NBL. The Breakers are an NBL franchise based in New Zealand just like the Raptors are an NBA franchise based in Canada. The Raptors are not the "champs of Canada" and the Breakers are not the "champs of New Zealand."

New Zealand have their own national league called the NZBL that crowns it's own champion. There is no crossover competition between the NZBL and the NBL - at all.

Give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    just curious, but are you basing your claims on what it says on a TV guide? Or did you actually watch the league games and heard it referred to by the announcers as the "australasian" league.
    I'm going by the TV name, not what some stupid announcers say. If you look at TV it would say,

NBA
    NBA D-League
    Euroleague
    Eurocup
    Liga ACB

It lists the correct names of all these leagues, so I don't see why it would be wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by 32MJ32
    This thread is a farce. Please shut it.

The "champs of New Zealand" do not play in the NBL. The Breakers are an NBL franchise based in New Zealand just like the Raptors are an NBA franchise based in Canada. The Raptors are not the "champs of Canada" and the Breakers are not the "champs of New Zealand."

New Zealand have their own national league called the NZBL that crowns it's own champion. There is no crossover competition between the NZBL and the NBL - at all.

Give up.
    The Breakers are the champs of New Zealand because they would crush any team in New Zealands' league. Stop being an idiot. They are in the NBL because they are vastly superior to any other team in New Zealand.

You sound dumber than American basketball fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    The Breakers are the champs of New Zealand because they would crush any team in New Zealands' league. Stop being an idiot. They are in the NBL because they are vastly superior to any other team in New Zealand.

You sound dumber than American basketball fans.
    1 .If I'm following correctly:

- A team that plays in the NBL must be better than an NZBL team, because the NBL is widely acknowledged as the better league

- A team that plays in the NBA is not better than a EuroLeague team, despite the fact the NBA is widely acknowledged as the better league

Sweet non-contradiction, man.

2. I repeat: the champs of New Zealand do not play in the NBL. The NZBL crowns it's own champion and the league is run independently of the NBL. To analogise what you're trying to force down everyone's throat and put it into context:

"The champion of the National Basketball League of Canada plays in the NBA."

No, it doesn't. The Raptors do. At no point do the champions of Canada play in the NBA.

Delete this thread, ban this idiot

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy8
    Martin's defense is ridiculous.

He was second in steals, top 10 in blocks as a PG and is an absolute monster when it comes to on ball defending.

His offense is awful though. He can set up his teammates and he can run an offense well but he can't score at all. That being said, I agree with you. If you put him on a team with a lot of scorers he would be perfect. The Lakers should have taken a look at him. He doesn't want to shoot and will lock down the opposing team's PG.
    Pretty sure he also ranks 2nd for rebounds per game for the wildcats behind Knight - and is top 10 in the league for offensive rebounds per game!

He is the only player in the league who truly does not take a single play off...

Would love to see him guarding some of the NBA point guards as he absolute destroys anyone he plays on here..

In my opinion he should of been MVP, he is such a game changer

Dunking on everybody in the park Suckafree's Avatar

Jesus christ. What the hell is going on in here.

I'm from New Zealand and I follow the Breakers more than I follow the NBA.
    The Breakers are not 'champs of NZ' (LOL). The NZBL is a farce and should not even really be a 'thing'.

Anyway, 32MJ32 had it right. Euroleague is just crazy.

On another note, an NBA team needs to have a look at Cedric Jackson

^ Hire this man

And honestly, with all due respect to the strength of domestic basketball in New Zealand, the Breakers have had a strong foreign influence in their success:

CJ Bruton, Andrej Lemanis, Carlos Powell, Kevin Braswell, Cedric Jackson - the list goes on

To say they're simply the best team New Zealand can put together is, again, 100% incorrect. 2 of the best Kiwi players play in the NBL for Perth, for ****'s sake

Euroleague knows about as much as the NBL as he does the Euroleague which isn't much. Lives in AZ and wishes he was Greek.