Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Can the Spurs repeat in 2014?

Since they have won in 2013, can they achieve something they have never done before even during Duncan's best years? I mean, to win b2b titles? Looks quite likely to me, the Heat aint getting better next year, and the other teams are lucky to even win 1-2 games from Spurs in a seven games series.

Default Re: Can the Spurs repeat in 2014?

No. The Spurs can't repeat. I'm pretty sure the Thunder will make the finals next season, and then lose again to the Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    No. The Spurs can't repeat. I'm pretty sure the Thunder will make the finals next season, and then lose again to the Heat.
    But James Harden is gone, the Spurs had no answer for him so OKC has lost their formidable weapon against the Spurs.

Can you repeat again this time? After making a fool of yourself by predicting Miami would win 45 games in regular season and after predicting Spurs would win in 5, will you repeat again?

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... yes, once a dumbass, always a dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    Can you repeat again this time? After making a fool of yourself by predicting Miami would win 45 games in regular season and after predicting Spurs would win in 5, will you repeat again?

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... yes, once a dumbass, always a dumbass
    Well it was not me who predicted the Heat would win 45 games, I have no idea what you are talking about. I thought they'd win 57-58 games, but 66 was quite impressive. I merely root for the Spurs, thats it. Nothing against the Heat, they are still by far the second best team in the league, though not that close to the Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Well it was not me who predicted the Heat would win 45 games, I have no idea what you are talking about. I thought they'd win 57-58 games, but 66 was quite impressive. I merely root for the Spurs, thats it. Nothing against the Heat, they are still by far the second best team in the league, though not that close to the Spurs.
    We all know it was your alt.
    Anyway, you predicted Spurs in 5.

BTW, heat in 7.

[B]another of OP

We all know it was your alt.
    Anyway, you predicted Spurs in 5.

BTW, heat in 7.
    Okay if you say so, you wont believe me even if I tell you that it was not. But again I have nothing against the heat, you can believe what you want to believe. The entire NBA 2012-2013 season will conclude after game 6 though, theres nothing anyone can do.
    Last edited by Kiddlovesnets; 06-17-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Banned

I think if they do win the title this year, Timmy and Manu should both retire on top. Timmy is 37, Manu will be 36 next month. They'll have to retire sooner than later, so why not leave on top? That would also mean the Spurs would have enough cap space to sign Dwight or Iggy next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Okay if you say so, but again I have nothing against the heat, you can believe what you want to believe. The entire NBA 2012-2013 season will conclude after game 6 though, theres nothing anuone can do.
    Earlier, you said Spurs in game 5.
    I have been right all playoffs, i can tell you Heat wins this in 7. Deal with it.

Earlier, you said Spurs in game 5.
    I have been right all playoffs, i can tell you Heat wins this in 7. Deal with it.
    Okay you can believe what you want to believe, but for me Id rather not argue with someone who refuse to accept reality, in which the Spurs already have the series in their hands since game 3.

No, they can't even finish up the Heat

lets wait for them to win in 2013 first. i dont think they're gonna beat the heat again at their home

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

Quite possibly. Leonard and Green will only get better, and they're a huge part of the team. Parker still has progressed every single season, so if he starts to get worse it won't be by much. I think Duncan can hang on for a couple years.

I'm interested to see what they'll do in the summer. They should get some options with Manu's contract expiring... the question is what will they do with it. Just re-sign Splitter? Or go after someone else? That team would be ridiculous if they managed to get someone like Pekovic.

why not?