Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default People are such hypocrites

All these fans cry about how sad it is that penny hardaway and grant hill never got to reach their potential due to injuries. They talk about how great they were and it's such a shame. But now you have a similar situation maybe going on with Derrick Rose, a guy who tore the most crucial ligament for a Basketball player, then tore his meniscus... But yet they rag on Rose any chance they get... These are gonna be the same idiots crying about "man you should have seen Rose play, he was so exciting.. What a shame"

Rose is the one who tore the ligaments, let him get healthy and keep pursuing his dream.

Rant over

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Default Re: People are such hypocrites

Quote Originally Posted by The_Pharcyde
    All these fans cry about how sad it is that penny hardaway and grant hill never got to reach their potential due to injuries. They talk about how great they were and it's such a shame. But now you have a similar situation maybe going on with Derrick Rose, a guy who tore the most crucial ligament for a Basketball player, then tore his meniscus... But yet they rag on Rose any chance they get... These are gonna be the same idiots crying about "man you should have seen Rose play, he was so exciting.. What a shame"

Rose is the one who tore the ligaments, let him get healthy and keep pursuing his dream.

Rant over
    People are sheep and wanna do what's popular and right now what's popular is bitching about Rose and seizing on and misrepresenting comments that's he's made. It's totally stupid. They'll believe whatever's fed to them and trick themselves into thinking that it was an original thought. They'll then devise these absurd arguments to support their position. It's tired.

Derrick's situation is different now. It's past the point of precautionary, and he seems to be taking advantage of sitting out games to rest for vague, general soreness. There has been enough time since his injuries to be out there performing consistently. Him refusing to play unless he feels absolutely great is pussified.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Derrick's situation is different now. It's past the point of precautionary, and he seems to be taking advantage of sitting out games to rest for vague, general soreness. There has been enough time since his injuries to be out there performing consistently. Him refusing to play unless he feels absolutely great is pussified.
    Thanks for your professional opinion doctor. He should sit out as many games as he needs to. "Vague, general soreness"? Get a grip. The dude comes back from an ACL tear and tears his meniscus. Comes back from that and sprains two ankles. Comes back from that and strains a hamstring. I'd say it's a damn good idea for him to be cautious and that Chicago would rather he be cautious than carefree. He's not going to be able to do them any good sitting on the bench come playoff time. You're just an idiot.

As long as he isn't missing playoff games, why does it matter? I get that you want to watch him play, so do I, but it's for the best.

It's not past the point of precautionary, what they're doing right now is exactly precautionary.

He tore his meniscus last season just days after a hamstring injury on the same leg..makes perfect sense to me that they'd make sure that he's 100% healthy from this hamstring injury. If this was just another mild ankle sprain, yeah, you're right..he should be out there playing through it like any other Bull would. But in this situation there's a pretty justifiable reason for him to sit out until he's completely good to go.

No this is such a foolish comment, you don't understand how the human body works obviously.. If you play through a hamstring strain you amplify your risk of injury immensely... Every part of the body affects everything else. What happened last year when Rose tweaked his hamstring last year against the cavs and barely missed any time? He tore his meniscus nearly a week later.
    You have to let the injury heal and scar, then you can get back out there.
    what happened in 2012 when Rose played through a series of injuries all through the year? O yeah he tore his ACL
    This is all a process and speaking from the perspective of having torn a major ligament in my knee.. I know what Rose has gone through to come back.. He isn't going to throw away all that rehab work to possibly beat the Sacramento Kings in November

Doctors aren't holding him out. Derrick's holding himself out.

People were all over his case when he didn't come back when eligible in 2013 from the ACL injury. That was unnecessary. Him coming back last season prematurely due to fan pressure, and the criticism he faced then too was unnecessary.

Now? Those criticisms are justified. He rolled his ankles but was good enough to walk out on his own power, tell us he was fine. He chose not to play. At this point like I said it isn't precautionary. It's fearful, it's taking advantage of the fact he had these injuries and he's sitting out games he very well could be playing.

In addittion, the only way to truly knock off that rust on his body that causes such soreness ... is to consistently get out there and compete. Push the body through it until it become normal again.

These nagging injuries haven't been described as severe. If anything they've been very vague.

Don't be clueless. It's not cautious now. I agree with having perspective on the future, but it seems to be overly cautious. Bulls fans current frustration with Derrick and his fragile body, and even more fragile mental state right now is more than justified.
    this my friends is someone who is not educated.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Thanks for your professional opinion doctor.

People were all over his case when he didn't come back when eligible in 2013 from the ACL injury. That was unnecessary. Him coming back last season prematurely due to fan pressure, and the criticism he faced then too was unnecessary.

Now? Those criticisms are justified. He rolled his ankles but was good enough to walk out on his own power, tell us he was fine. He chose not to play. At this point like I said it isn't precautionary. It's fearful, it's taking advantage of the fact he had these injuries and he's sitting out games he very well could be playing.

In addittion, the only way to truly knock off that rust on his body that causes such soreness ... is to consistently get out there and compete. Push the body through it until it become normal again.

These nagging injuries haven't been described as severe. If anything they've been very vague.

Don't be clueless. It's not cautious now. I agree with having perspective on the future, but it seems to be overly cautious. Bulls fans current frustration with Derrick and his fragile body, and even more fragile mental state right now is more than justified.

Edit: I'm referencing more the ankles than the hamstring BTW. Don't tell me him missing games for those mild ankle sprains if anything, wasn't completely excessive.

Edit: I'm referencing more the ankles than the hamstring BTW. Don't tell me him missing games for those mild ankle sprains if anything, wasn't completely excessive.
    So what does that have to do with the hamstring injury?

Do you want him to come back right now before he's 100% healthy, even when this is the exact situation he was in last season right before he tore his meniscus?

And come on now. No shit the doctor's aren't totally restraining him..but we're fooling ourselves if we're gonna say they aren't advising him to get fully healthy before returning, because the complications involved in hamstring injuries and how they can trigger future injuries is pretty serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    So what does that have to do with the hamstring injury?
    Who are you kidding dude? I just said I wasn't talking about the hamstring specifically. I'd be cautious with a hamstring. But if he's willing to sit out games for soreness, or rolled ankles, that he can still put power on just because he doesn't consider himself to be "at 100%" ... that's weak. That's fearful. That's taking advantage of things to sit out more games. How can anyone with a brain disagree?

muscle memory is a whole diff story tho

Local High School Star KingPush's Avatar

You know you ****ed up when even the Kobe stans turn on you.

Rose was supposed to be their next great hope after Kobe retires
    Last edited by KingPush; 11-21-2014 at 07:11 PM.

Who are you kidding dude? I just said I wasn't talking about the hamstring specifically. I'd be cautious with a hamstring. But if he's willing to sit out games for soreness, or rolled ankles, that he can still put power on just because he doesn't consider himself to be "at 100%" ... that's weak. That's fearful. That's taking advantage of things to sit out more games. How can anyone with a brain disagree?
    And how do you know positively that it's just soreness? Derrick said it was "just an ankle sprain" but we have no idea how severe it was. And even if it wasn't severe, it's November and the dude was out literally just 2 games (4 days) after that first ankle injury, returned, and then re-aggravated the injury, which made him miss another two games. It's not like there's been one singular ankle injury that's made him miss weeks upon weeks, it's been a string of them.

You're delusional. Being able to walk on a bad ankle and being able to play on one are two totally different things, let alone two bad ankles. His doctors aren't holding him out? Who is the ultimate judge of his ability to play? Him. You're just another sheep who loves the crappy sensationalism that passes for journalism about this. The dudes has had serious injury problems, why wouldn't he be cautious? The things you're saying are ridiculous. You have no idea what is going on with him physically and neither do I but I'll err on the side of trusting a guy who has had his fair share of injuries over the last few years. It's mindblowing that people are complaining about him and Nash. Fools.